Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It was pretty decent. It really felt like both a continuation and a new beginning...which was the point of course. I didn't like the art when I first saw the previews but by the end of the issue I really grew to appreciate it. My only nit: I love a good horror and whoever that lesser demon was he was creepy AF but...I'm a little tapped out on the God and Demons from the previous arc/run.
    I'll stick around for issue two, see how that goes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm not going to lie; I miss Matt in lawyer mode. This new role for Matt is something I'm going to have to get used to. The same can be said for the supernatural angle. I know Daredevil historically have dabbled in some of the supernatural elements here nor there, but I prefer him dealing with the street level elements and I hope we get back to that at some point. Kuder's art was solid, but I don't think it fits with the overall tone with what Ahmed is going with here. Someone suggested Sienkiewicz, I agree with that. The jury's out on whether I'll remain on this run long term, but I'll give it a chance for the time being.

The problem for me in this new run is that despite its continuation of Mat and perhaps Elektra's journey, there are lot of loose ends like Goldie and Aka that are quite similar to what we are getting in this run with the demon possessing Elektra. They might link up in the next issue but so far that hasn't been the case.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Prev pages (unlettered) for issue 02 look really good. It's quite a different feel to what I've known and loved for Zdarski/Checchetto's runs but...I do like what I'm seeing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I enjoyed this first issue a lot. I'm curious to see how Saladin Ahmed handles it. There's definitely themes of religion, which can be risky. But Ahmed is approaching it with genuine appreciation for it. As a Muslim man, I'm curious how he handles the cross-faith aspects of it, but you can definitely see that he recognizes the important thing is this is important to Matt. It's not just superficial.

Plus, the demonic possession (or whatever it is) was just creepy. Credit to the art there. I got Spirited Away vibes for sure. I also think the colorist is knocking it out of the park so far. Honestly, it reminds me of Guardian Devil when it comes to the colors, which I think is a plus.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    The problem for me in this new run is that despite its continuation of Mat and perhaps Elektra's journey, there are lot of loose ends like Goldie and Aka that are quite similar to what we are getting in this run with the demon possessing Elektra. They might link up in the next issue but so far that hasn't been the case.
    I was hoping the Goldy stuff would be resolved in the last run but it just kind of.. petered out? Who knows, maybe we’ll see him again.

I would enjoy it if it was revealed he was in fact not controlling the entire course of Matt’s life because I thought that was pretty lame.

Astonishing Member

Daredevil: Born Again getting a revamp. All the writers and directors let go:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ey-1235614518/

Wow.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 10-11-2023 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Daredevil: Born Again getting a revamp. All the writers and directors let go:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ey-1235614518/

Wow.
    After Secret Invasion Daredevil can't suffer the same fate.

Amazing Member

Glad they are rethinking things before the series is nicely done being shot. They won’t have to go back and reshoot 90% of the show like they did with Secret Invasion. Also very glad to see they are adding a show runner. Why they thought they could make shows without them, I have no idea. Having a show runner will prevent the butting of heads between directors and writers that happened on Secret Invasion. I have faith this could turn out well now that they have decided to make TV shows like they are TV shows.

Astonishing Member

so Issue 2 came out, What you people think, is it getting good, should i jump in, I'm new to Daredevil which I read the Frank Miller omnibus and looking forward to the upcoming Waid omnibus and Zdarsky as well.

Niffleheim

I'm enjoying the book more and more, this issue flowed much more easily than the first. It is weird but it feels like I've read about Father Matt for years - it just feels too familiar.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'm enjoying the book more and more, this issue flowed much more easily than the first. It is weird but it feels like I've read about Father Matt for years - it just feels too familiar.
    Interesting. I thought issue one was more exciting, but I'm enjoying the characters more in this issue. I don't want to keep this status quo forever, but I'm glad to just see this orphanage full of kids.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?