Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Phenomenal issue today! I really enjoyed everything from the stellar Checchetto art and action to the developments happening. The DD and Spider-Man fight was excellent while Elektra taking on the Avengers was awesome too. I think I can safely say this is another of my favorite issues from the run. I’m excited for what’s ahead!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-26-2023 at 04:39 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member

I am still really miffed that John Walker was not there. Matt stole his shield. You would think that John would want to get that back.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This issue was...chef's kisses EVERYTHING!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am still really miffed that John Walker was not there. Matt stole his shield. You would think that John would want to get that back.
    Hmm! Good point. Hopefully, the one that was taken turns out to be the genuine article and not an imitation/knock-off from Walker's last run...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-27-2023 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hmm! Good point. Hopefully, the one that was taken turns out to be the genuine article and not an imitation/knock-off from Walker's last run...

The issue I had with that series is the Priest either did not read the last Dark Avengers with John and the team in the alternate Civil War universe. John brought back the Cap shield from that universe so it would NOT be government property like the pure Vibanium one that Steve got from T'Challa then gave to the gov in exchange for the rights to the Captain America name and uniform.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Phenomenal issue today! I really enjoyed everything from the stellar Checchetto art and action to the developments happening. The DD and Spider-Man fight was excellent while Elektra taking on the Avengers was awesome too. I think I can safely say this is another of my favorite issues from the run. I’m excited for what’s ahead!
    Agreed, what an issue! Yes, the art was stellar. However, that inner monologue of Matt as he fights Spider-Man was super captivating. Matt's criticism of systems, his description of Spidey as being a good man serving the system, that was on point. Definitely relatable to today.

At the same time, it's a little cliche seeing Matt go through this. It's another breakdown moment, one of the many that have plagued him in the last twenty or so years. But it never fails to be an emotional moment.

Looks like Matt will come back to NYC. Wonder how the story will go.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This issue was...chef's kisses EVERYTHING!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed, what an issue! Yes, the art was stellar. However, that inner monologue of Matt as he fights Spider-Man was super captivating. Matt's criticism of systems, his description of Spidey as being a good man serving the system, that was on point. Definitely relatable to today.

At the same time, it's a little cliche seeing Matt go through this. It's another breakdown moment, one of the many that have plagued him in the last twenty or so years. But it never fails to be an emotional moment.

Looks like Matt will come back to NYC. Wonder how the story will go.
    Yes!! This was such a beautiful issue in more ways than one.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Did any of you catch the Epic announcements yesterday? Daredevil is now heading into The Modern Epic era with 2 books. Along with another volume of the normal Epic line, (volume 7 I believe).

They are having a divorce aren’t they
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Well i just jumped the rabbit hole of reading Daredevil despite reading most Marvel characters. Could never get into it in the past and well now I got the new printing of Daredevil Frank Miller omnibus and reading it through and I'm quite enjoying it. now I'm interested in the Mark Waid omnibus coming out and the Guardian Devil and Born Again Gallery Editions coming out. wow, rabbit hole indeed. I guess Matt Draper video essays been a convincing factor.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm really enjoying this story but does anyone think it can be resolved with anything other than a reset button?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm really enjoying this story but does anyone think it can be resolved with anything other than a reset button?
    It can but it really depends upon Zdarsky if he wants to continue after this run. Maybe on a separate mini series.

Today’s issue was…whoa. Did he really just do that? He couldn’t have actually done that, right? And to have that done so brutally? Was all that even necessary?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-10-2023 at 04:01 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair