Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A stunningly gorgeous issue from start to finish. I kept fixating on those pages of DD and Elektra together. And that chef's kisses last page!!! Cannot WAIT for the next two issues. (I'm secretly hoping it's two issues of one non-stop battle between Matt and the Beast...but...)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A stunningly gorgeous issue from start to finish. I kept fixating on those pages of DD and Elektra together. And that chef's kisses last page!!! Cannot WAIT for the next two issues. (I'm secretly hoping it's two issues of one non-stop battle between Matt and the Beast...but...)
    Absolutely!!
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

BANNED

Great issue. I hope they do it again after this run.

I'm really going to miss Checchetto's art on Daredevil, he's regularly delivered on a multitude of levels. The only critique I have regarding Checchetto art in this particular issue is the depiction of Blindspot, he didn't look like his traditional self. Overall, everything else was top notch and I'm really looking forward to seeing how Checchetto depicts the Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    I really hope the next run tones down Matt’s religiousness. He’s never been as religious as he has been in this run. And if other characters were questioning it and feeling like he was slipping into zealotry it could be interesting but there hasn’t really been any commentary on it. It’s just been treated like it’s fine and he’s always been like this. Not a single issue goes by that god doesn’t get mentioned multiple times and it’s a lot. God has been mentioned more in the last 12 issues than in the entire 600 issues before it combined. I get people liked the Catholic angle in the show but I really think they need to tone it down going forward.

Also not really looking forward to Matt fighting demons in hell, it’s not what I read Daredevil for. And he’s already been to hell once. And the beast is not an antagonist I care the least bit about.

Glad people are still enjoying it but it really hasn’t turned around for me at all
    I’ve very much enjoyed that emphasis during this run. Just another of many highlights I’ve appreciated.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

IMAG3284~2.jpg

Got myself some new books Wasn't planning on getting vol 1 at first but I did not want the second one to feel lonely on the shelf

Interior art from Daredevil 1! What do you think?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daredevil/c...t=2&utm_term=1
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-28-2023 at 04:03 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Please can you post spoilers? Won't be able to visit my CBS as he's on holiday.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lawd Faddah ha' mercy! Mih heart weak. I's nah ready.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Todays issue was insane

What an absolutely surreal issue. I didn’t expect things to go in this direction and I can’t say it’s my personal liking for a DD story but I didn’t dislike it. Needless to say I prefer a more grounded story and this was anything but that. And I wasn’t too keen on the reveal of who The Fist was really serving. I thought that was kind of lame. Fine issue I suppose. Incredible art as to be expected of Checchetto. Those opening pages were nigh poetic as well. Not the most enjoyable issue for me because of all the weird hell stuff but fine overall.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-06-2023 at 01:17 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    What an absolutely surreal issue. I didn’t expect things to go in this direction and I can’t say it’s my personal liking for a DD story but I didn’t dislike it. Needless to say I prefer a more grounded story and this was anything but that. And I wasn’t too keen on the reveal of who The Fist was really serving. I thought that was kind of lame. Fine issue I suppose. Incredible art as to be expected of Checchetto. Those opening pages were nigh poetic as well. Not the most enjoyable issue for me because of all the weird hell stuff but fine overall.
    This pretty much sums up my view on the issue (and maybe most of the run). Generally on account of this ^

Daredevil #13 is one hell of a roller coaster ride, no pun intended. Is this the first time we're introduced to the Wild? Prior to this issue, I've never heard of her before.

Extraordinary Member

While I generally prefer my DD stories more reality-based, I surprisingly enjoyed this issue. I mean, it kinda only makes sense that The Fist would have a demon all it's own. To assume that The Fist's ultimate deity would actually be God is pretty foolish on Matt's part. It was actually pretty clever of The Wild to take advantage of both Matt's and Elektra's shared hatred of The Hand to use them that way. Who knew I would enjoy a giant kaiju battle in a DD comic so much? Although I really still don't care for this particular design of The Beast in the least.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.