Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

has Matt Murdock and Foggy ever tried to take their law firm nationwide? offices in several states? Taking on civil suits against corrupt companies like Roxxon, the Hammer Corp., Fisk Enterprises, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has Matt Murdock and Foggy ever tried to take their law firm nationwide? offices in several states? Taking on civil suits against corrupt companies like Roxxon, the Hammer Corp., Fisk Enterprises, etc.?
    Not that I know of.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I generally prefer my DD stories more reality-based, I surprisingly enjoyed this issue. I mean, it kinda only makes sense that The Fist would have a demon all it's own. To assume that The Fist's ultimate deity would actually be God is pretty foolish on Matt's part. It was actually pretty clever of The Wild to take advantage of both Matt's and Elektra's shared hatred of The Hand to use them that way. Who knew I would enjoy a giant kaiju battle in a DD comic so much? Although I really still don't care for this particular design of The Beast in the least.
    Did you also like the inexplicable swords of fiery light and the fiery horns? That part lost me quite a bit.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-09-2023 at 06:42 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Did you also like the inexplicable swords of fiery light and the fiery horns? That part lost me quite a bit.
    Didn't love it, but I didn't necessarily hate it, either. Considering all the other bat s#!t crazy stuff that was happening during the issue, I honestly just kinda shrugged it off.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Didn't love it, but I didn't necessarily hate it, either. Considering all the other bat s#!t crazy stuff that was happening during the issue, I honestly just kinda shrugged it off.
    At least all the other stuff happening was explained.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Not really liking the whole 'going to hell' storyline...and a lot that led up to it. DD works best as a street level hero. I get they are certain mystical aspects to him with the ninja stuff and what not but this takes it a little too far for mt.

Even going back to killing the guy by mistake, and the adultery with the mobster's wife were bad creative decisions to me.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not sure how I feel about this issue.
    It's quintessential DD and I understood what Zdarsky was going for with Matt's internalisations but...it felt and read a little too...overdone and heavy-handed.
    It actually reminded me alot of Matt's confrontation with Mephisto in Nocenti's run which I loved back then but which felt like a bit of a let-down here considering it's The Beast.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not really liking the whole 'going to hell' storyline...and a lot that led up to it. DD works best as a street level hero. I get they are certain mystical aspects to him with the ninja stuff and what not but this takes it a little too far for mt.

Even going back to killing the guy by mistake, and the adultery with the mobster's wife were bad creative decisions to me.
    I think him accidentally killing someone mostly worked, I just found things kind of came to a screeching halt once he went to prison and I don't think it ever really picked up again. Brubaker's prison arc was much better, in my opinion.

What's going to happen with Goldy/Goldie?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Was Goldy/Goldie The Wild? I couldn't actually keep up with what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The same question could be asked for other Zdarksy creations like Detective North, Butch, the Stromwyns, etc. Will any of them be used after Zdarksy is gone?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    The same question could be asked for other Zdarksy creations like Detective North, Butch, the Stromwyns, etc. Will any of them be used after Zdarksy is gone?
    Fingers crossed for the Stromwyn's to die in a fiery crash while trying to escape (or something).

Icing on the cake - Matt does some legal gymnastics which has all their assets being turned over to the city of NY where Mayor Cage uses it to develop/rehabilitate Hell's Kitchen.

Cole - appointed Chief of Police in NY after cleaning out all the corruption. Or go back to Chicago(?). Like the character and wouldn't mind him sticking around (Not many new, interesting, Black/people of color characters these days who play prominent roles...).

Goldy/Goldie(?) - Turns out not to be "real"/connected to all this supernatural stuff and disappears once this chapter is closed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I mean, anything's possible. I never thought I would see Blindspot or that horrendous design of The Beast again.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Was a great issue and a nice twist(which i wasnt expecting at all but it makes a lot of sense). I for one had lower expectations but it turned out decent than imagine. It wasn't a grounded solo story per se. It would have worked much better when such mystical epic stories with more characters(such as Wolverine against Hellbride). I think it is a bit rushed to be honest bc some of the things didn't make too much sense but overall I liked it

Matt Murdock Answers a Higher Calling in 'Daredevil' #1

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...preview-covers
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-28-2023 at 12:58 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair