Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I guess the June(?) solicits will let us know! If anything, it might be an event like Devil's Reign to cap things off.

Then again, idk if Zdarsky can steer a whole event while on Batman...
    It’s not too far fetched at all that this run might conclude with an event considering that the Fist/Hand conflict is still unresolved as of last issuse and the Avengers and Spider-Man have been set up to come into play at some point. As I’ve said, I’d rather this all happen within the DD ongoing, but an event to conclude the run with so much set up wouldn’t be too surprising.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Maybe I'm just being naive but I don't think the run is as close to ending as some are saying it is. It sounds to me he's going to wrap up this arc and then move on to the next story beat he's got planned. Could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Maybe I'm just being naive but I don't think the run is as close to ending as some are saying it is. It sounds to me he's going to wrap up this arc and then move on to the next story beat he's got planned. Could be wrong though
    You very well may not be wrong at all.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Whoa!!!! That DD vs Spider-Man fight, though!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-20-2023 at 02:13 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member

I haven't read DD comics in over a decade and I just recently started watching Marvel's cinematic universe. I'm up to the DD series and DD is very violent in the TV show. Is modern DD this violent in comics?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I haven't read DD comics in over a decade and I just recently started watching Marvel's cinematic universe. I'm up to the DD series and DD is very violent in the TV show. Is modern DD this violent in comics?
    Depends on the run. This current run starts out like the Netflix show in tone so it's comparable. Where the Mark Waid run wasn't that violent to me.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It'll be interesting to see who they have taken over, since whoever it is will be writing Daredevil during his 60th anniversary

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I just got through reading Frank Miller's initial run on Daredevil for the first time and I daresay it's the greatest run on a superhero, except that I was disappointed by the ending because it didn't feel climatic enough.

I understand that Daredevil was a monthly comic book, and Miller had to hand it off to the next writer with largely the same status quo, but for such an epic and well constructed run none of the lingering plot lines of the series feel like they were resolved in a satisfying way.

The final issue 191 is one of the best single issue stories ever published, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't feel appropriate as the final story to Frank Miller's run. You could place this story anywhere after Elektra's death and it probably would fit better contextually after issue 182.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 03-22-2023 at 02:26 PM.

Checchetto's cover to #12 looking kinda uhhhhh final

"The saga ends"

https://twitter.com/MChecC/status/1638623123607003245

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Checchetto's cover to #12 looking kinda uhhhhh final

"The saga ends"

https://twitter.com/MChecC/status/1638623123607003245
    I thought for sure it was issue 14 or 15. I wonder if it will be oversized

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Daredevil #666 at the end of the year : seems like perfect timing for the end of this run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Mmm, Matt surely has changed for better or worse. Being more lusted against Hand than Elektra sure proves that.This preview is concrete evidence. I am honestly not sure i like this. I hope it doesn't go as far as Diggle and seeing Zdarsky is wrapping this up by August i fear it might be. It's feels rushed
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-26-2023 at 08:03 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Mmm, Matt surely has changed for better or worse. Being more lusted against Hand than Elektra sure proves that.This preview is concrete evidence. I am honestly not sure i like this. I hope it doesn't go as far as Diggle and seeing Zdarsky is wrapping this up by August i fear it might be. It's feels rushed
    Yeah, I agree there. Honestly this arc has been giving me Shadowland vibes from the beginning and I’m not vibing with it.

And it definitely feels rushed. I’m just not sure how that will be able to wrap up a lot of the loose ends before this is over. Either Zdarsky has forgotten about some of the things he set up or they just won’t be brought up again, which is disappointing. But who knows, maybe I’ll be surprised and everything will manage to get wrapped up by the end!

I just hope there is some sort of return to the status quo. If people still think Matt is dead by the end I won’t be super pleased. He hasn’t had a civilian life in like a couple years’ worth of comics and I miss it. .