Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Really great art as always!!!!

Good issue today! I actually liked the Born Again reference. That last page, though…I don’t want to spoil it but where did that come from? It’s certainly no where to be found in the Punisher ongoing. I think I’ve said this before, but although this conflict is certainly not unfolding the way I thought it would I can’t say I’m not enjoying it.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-11-2023 at 05:06 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Amazing Member

Didn't really like. I just don't like this storyline and I don't think anything is going to pull me into it. Just waiting for it to be over, I hope we only have 3-4 more issues to go in it.
    I honestly can't tell if we are supposed to be concerned by Matt's behaviour. I can tell that the reader is supposed to feel he is doing the right thing morally, but I can't tell if we are meant to think he's going about it the right way or not, like are we meant to think he's going too far?
    Also I hate the costume, can't wait for it to go.

I see Zdarsky's Matt as a Zealot. It's the road of good intentions lead to hell kinda thing. We can sympathize but Matt's Icarus and his wings are gonna fade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Good issue today! I actually liked the Born Again reference. That last page, though…I don’t want to spoil it but where did that come from? It’s certainly no where to be found in the Punisher ongoing. I think I’ve said this before, but although this conflict is certainly not unfolding the way I thought it would I can’t say I’m not enjoying it.
    spoilers:
    Thats The Beast I presume
    end of spoilers

I thought this was a decent issue but a bit predictable. I am curious about whats happening with respect to Frank's POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    spoilers:
    Thats The Beast I presume
    end of spoilers

I thought this was a decent issue but a bit predictable. I am curious about whats happening with respect to Frank's POV.
    spoilers:
    I’m not so sure. The Beast has never been drawn as a literal dragon before which is a marked and baffling departure from how he’s drawn in the current Punisher ongoing.
    end of spoilers
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I see Zdarsky's Matt as a Zealot. It's the road of good intentions lead to hell kinda thing. We can sympathize but Matt's Icarus and his wings are gonna fade.
    I think you are probably right. For me it's just hitting a bit too close to the Shadowland story. I get the exact same feelings when I read it. I don't think we really needed to go back to that well, but I suppose it will all be over in a few months.
    Really curious to see how they return to the status quo.

Daredevil #7 was okay but it's time to see the main event already, feel like I've been teased with it long enough.

What Matt did in this issue is definitely in character for who he is and what he's really about. In fact, what transpired gave me vibes of how Matt was in Ann Nocenti's Daredevil run. I take it this is the debut of Castlemax considering I've never heard of them before. IMO, Zdarksy should've gone with Roxxon because it would've been cool to see Daredevil and his crew interact with Dario Agger. Overall, I'm ready for the real war to commence.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    I think you are probably right. For me it's just hitting a bit too close to the Shadowland story. I get the exact same feelings when I read it. I don't think we really needed to go back to that well, but I suppose it will all be over in a few months.
    Really curious to see how they return to the status quo.
    I skipped Shadowland but I liked the idea if Matt reforming the Chaste and doing more with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    Didn't really like. I just don't like this storyline and I don't think anything is going to pull me into it. Just waiting for it to be over, I hope we only have 3-4 more issues to go in it.
    I honestly can't tell if we are supposed to be concerned by Matt's behaviour. I can tell that the reader is supposed to feel he is doing the right thing morally, but I can't tell if we are meant to think he's going about it the right way or not, like are we meant to think he's going too far?
    Also I hate the costume, can't wait for it to go.
    I think if the story had a faster pace it’d be received more positively but as is it’s definitely taking its time which isn’t helping. Apropos the new costume, other than the spikes on the fists which seems to have been removed (hopefully permanently), it’s absolutely awesome. One of the best by far.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Matt’s seems in character to me especially considering what he’s recently experienced.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Matt’s seems in character to me especially considering what he’s recently experienced.
    I'm not arguing he isn't. I'm just explaining what Zdarsky's take is.

So far I like Zdarsky's Daredevil over his Batman run. But I'm biased as I'm more of a Marvel guy.

I have to say the art in the latest issue between Checchetto and De La Torre was especially well done and complimentary. I hardly noticed the transition between them which made for an all the more captivating and immersive story.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

DD makes an appearance in the latest Punisher issue out today and considering what’s going on in his own I’d have thought he’d definitely be one to be included on that last page. Kind of disappointing.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

BANNED

DD makes an appearance in the latest Punisher issue out today and considering what’s going on in his own I’d have thought he’d definitely be one to be included on that last page. Kind of disappointing.
    Can you spoil me with screenshots(if possible)? I am tight on budget right now