Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This looks really good.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    But I’m still wondering where Punisher got that dragon? That’s not a usual part of The Hands arsenal. It’s so out of place.
    I have only read the last issue Punisher where he fought Ares. It wasnt shown there. I think the intention was to show the Beast. Don't think a veteran like Chechetto who is doing Daredevil for years will just pop out a dragon like that. Hell can have a dragon btw
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-03-2023 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I have only read the last issue Punisher where he fought Ares. It wasnt shown there. I think the intention was to show the Beast. Don't think a veteran like Chechetto who is doing Daredevil for years will just pop out a dragon like that. Hell can have a dragon btw
    Maybe. It’s cool for sure to have a giant fire breathing dragon in background but it doesn’t make sense especially in how random it is considering it’s never shown up in the Punisher ongoing either.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Incredible Member

I read Daredevil Father The other Day. This is a story most people seem to dislike, but I actually didn't think it was so bad.
    Certain scenes did make Matt seem a bit out of character, but maybe that's just his mindset at this time in his life.
    I got some major Batman vi es throughout this story, especially during the scene where he dons the samurai armor and beats up the new gang
    The art, besides making Matt look like the Hulk, was actually pretty good.
    All in all, not The best story, but I don't regret reading it.

Fine issue today. Stunning art as is to be expected of Checchetto. Purely an action packed issue. I’d have been disappointed if this was the big fight DD and Elektra have been preparing for by building the Fist but it seems to have just been a rescue mission. If that’s all this big action was for then couldn’t that been done else where with someone else rather than with the Punisher and the Hand and leave that conflict for later so as to not feel redundant should they fight again? Because Matt retreats in this issue and says as much as this isn’t over and when it resumes it’ll be done more on his terms. That’s cool, but I suppose since Matt and The Fist had to retreat they’ll take this as a lesson for the supposed next encounter. I still think the Hand having a giant fire breathing dragon is random and out of place but other than that this wasn’t a bad issue.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-09-2023 at 05:50 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Amazing Member

Didn't super care for it, same as the previous issues in this storyline. I don't really read Daredevil for dragon fighting and massive set pieces, he's street level which is what I like so this isn't really doing it for me. I'm fine if he gets into these kind of shenanigans in other characters' stories but I don't really care for it in the main Daredevil book. I don't think there's anything that could happen going forward in this arc that will pull me in, getting me to care about anything going on with the hand is a Herculean task.

Anybody have any theories on how many more issues this arc might last? Seems nowhere near the end with how much stuff is set up that needs to be paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I read Daredevil Father The other Day. This is a story most people seem to dislike, but I actually didn't think it was so bad.
    Certain scenes did make Matt seem a bit out of character, but maybe that's just his mindset at this time in his life.
    I got some major Batman vi es throughout this story, especially during the scene where he dons the samurai armor and beats up the new gang
    The art, besides making Matt look like the Hulk, was actually pretty good.
    All in all, not The best story, but I don't regret reading it.
    I know, right?! For what it's worth, the artwork Quesada provided is still irresistible (IMHO):

Extraordinary Member

I am pissed John Walker was not in it. Matt stole his shield...you know he has to be having feelings about that.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    Didn't super care for it, same as the previous issues in this storyline. I don't really read Daredevil for dragon fighting and massive set pieces, he's street level which is what I like so this isn't really doing it for me. I'm fine if he gets into these kind of shenanigans in other characters' stories but I don't really care for it in the main Daredevil book. I don't think there's anything that could happen going forward in this arc that will pull me in, getting me to care about anything going on with the hand is a Herculean task.

Anybody have any theories on how many more issues this arc might last? Seems nowhere near the end with how much stuff is set up that needs to be paid off.
    Matt did have to retreat and says he’s coming back on his own terms so…probably not for now.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Cole should become Marvel's version of the Guardian. He already has a shield....

I wish Blindspot and Iron Fist were involved. They'd be a good fit for the Fist.

I don't mind the more mystical direction of season 3. I'm just hoping it has a better follow through than season 2 did (v5-8).

Not gonna lie, I want them to do a video game based off this run. It would be like Ninja Gaiden but with a great story and characters.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-09-2023 at 06:59 AM.

EDIT: Duplicate post
    Last edited by scouse mouse; 02-09-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Fine issue today. Stunning art as is to be expected of Checchetto. Purely an action packed issue. I’d have been disappointed if this was the big fight DD and Elektra have been preparing for by building the Fist but it seems to have just been a rescue mission. If that’s all this big action was for then couldn’t that been done else where with someone else rather than with the Punisher and the Hand and leave that conflict for later so as to not feel redundant should they fight again? Because Matt retreats in this issue and says as much as this isn’t over and when it resumes it’ll be done more on his terms. That’s cool, but I suppose since Matt and The Fist had to retreat they’ll take this as a lesson for the supposed next encounter. I still think the Hand having a giant fire breathing dragon is random and out of place but other than that this wasn’t a bad issue.
    It's been done before.
    screenshot_20191212-130350_marvel-unlimited6542945871190158108.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Fair enough.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

So it seems like Chris Brewster isn't coming back for Born Again, which is a bummer.
    The She-Hulk scenes used a guy called Justin Eaton, who did the stunts for Netflix Punisher, as well as Deadpool. Don't know if he also got the gig for the new series though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]I know, right?! For what it's worth, the artwork Quesada provided is still irresistible (IMHO):
    Yeah, those are pretty cool