Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Man, Checchetto really went above and beyond with Daredevil #8. It took me longer than usual to read the actual comic because I was that mesmerized by the art. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Matt manages to get through this considering he's being targeted in more ways than one.

Astonishing Member

Question about the latest issue:

Why does Matt and Elektra and whoever else say they lost? From what I recall of the previous issue, their primary goal was to retrieve Bullet and save his kid and that's exactly what they did. Did they honestly think they could take down The Hand in one fell swoop with a team that hasn't been together for an eighth of the amount of the time The Hand has been around? Seems a bit optimistic, imho. Sure, they were getting beaten by the end of the issue, but they accomplished their assigned task.
    That's just a minor complaint, though. Overall, I thought it was a great issue. Cole was great, as were the use of the convicts The Fist broke out of prison.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Question about the latest issue:

That's just a minor complaint, though. Overall, I thought it was a great issue. Cole was great, as were the use of the convicts The Fist broke out of prison.
    spoilers:
    The prophecy said they lost and Matt and Elektra lost by retreating. Matt couldn't beat Frank in a fight so by the standards of the prophecy he lost. But by Matt's standards he succeeded. His goal was a moral victory in saving Bullet's son.
    end of spoilers.

BANNED

Decent issue. Was expecting this kinda outcome given how it was set up. I am more looking forward what's happen next. Will The Fist face the Hand again after this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Decent issue. Was expecting this kinda outcome given how it was set up. I am more looking forward what's happen next. Will The Fist face the Hand again after this?
    I expect another confrontation based on what Matt said towards the end of the issue.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Finally caught up with Daredevil, I jumped off after Devil's Reign.

So, I've been reading Aaron's Punisher I thought for sure they were having a cross over, but it seems like they're not?

Also, I remember seeing a infographic where Zdarsky had plans for Daredevil up to #50 and it's coming up (I think it's #14 with the current numbering scheme) do we know if he is going to continue? afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

So, I've been reading Aaron's Punisher I thought for sure they were having a cross over, but it seems like they're not?

Also, I remember seeing a infographic where Zdarsky had plans for Daredevil up to #50 and it's coming up (I think it's #14 with the current numbering scheme) do we know if he is going to continue? afterwards?
    They popped up in each other's books but it wasn't a traditional event.

BANNED

Good thing it wasn't. It has only been 8 issues. More buildup and investment is needed. Also i like how Aaron writes Punisher so i hope this goes for long

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Good thing it wasn't. It has only been 8 issues. More buildup and investment is needed. Also i like how Aaron writes Punisher so i hope this goes for long
    I thought the Punisher story was a 12 issue mini?

BANNED

I thought the Punisher story was a 12 issue mini?
    I am not aware of this. Where do you get this?

I am not aware of this. Where do you get this?
    https://www.ign.com/articles/punishe...ch-jason-aaron

According to this article, it was announced as a 13 issue limited series.

BANNED

Hmm i haven't seen a damn thing about this in solicitations. In any case i think this status quo change seems to not be ending anytime soon after Aaron leaves. So it might even continue on Daredevil after this.

As per a recent Word Balloon interview, Zdarsky's run is reaching a "Crescendo." Take that as you will

Matt Murdock and Maya Lopez team-up in a new four part story: DAREDEVIL & ECHO

The book follows Daredevil and Echo investigating a series of child kidnappings orchestrated by Demogoblin, who hopes to “wake an ancient and powerful evil deep within the bowels of New York.”

https://twitter.com/TheMarvelFocus/s...32676245880837

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Matt Murdock and Maya Lopez team-up in a new four part story: DAREDEVIL & ECHO

The book follows Daredevil and Echo investigating a series of child kidnappings orchestrated by Demogoblin, who hopes to “wake an ancient and powerful evil deep within the bowels of New York.”

https://twitter.com/TheMarvelFocus/s...32676245880837
    Who is writing this book?