Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Taboo, B. Earl, Phil Noto on art\covers

And Maya's let the Phoenix go! Just in time for Disney+. Go figure

https://www.polygon.com/23599828/dar...earl-phil-noto

I picked up "the red fist saga" today and I'm enjoying it. I think Kirsten filled Karen's role in Zdarsky's run which is why he didn't bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    As per a recent Word Balloon interview, Zdarsky's run is reaching a "Crescendo." Take that as you will
    I'm guessing Zdarsky's run might be less than 50 issues put together.

I'm curious how the Goldy as God's prophet plot gets resolved.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-15-2023 at 04:15 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought the Punisher story was a 12 issue mini?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.ign.com/articles/punishe...ch-jason-aaron

According to this article, it was announced as a 13 issue limited series.
    This is exactly what I was remembering, so 13 issues okay cool

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    As per a recent Word Balloon interview, Zdarsky's run is reaching a "Crescendo." Take that as you will
    I feel like it may be the end, Zdarsky might be focusing on Batman and creator owned

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Hmm i haven't seen a damn thing about this in solicitations. In any case i think this status quo change seems to not be ending anytime soon after Aaron leaves. So it might even continue on Daredevil after this.
    Yeah who knows maybe they'll extend it?

Amazing Member

I picked up "the red fist saga" today and I'm enjoying it. I think Kirsten filled Karen's role in Zdarsky's run which is why he didn't bring her back.

I'm guessing Zdarsky's run might be less than 50 issues put together.

I'm curious how the Goldy as God's prophet plot gets resolved.

I would really hope that’s not the resolution for his relationship with Kirsten. He told her he loved her then ran away, he frustratingly was going to tell her he’s Daredevil then didn’t. I didn’t find it very satisfying for her character and I think she deserves better than that.

There doesn’t seem to be much time to resolve the goldy stuff at all if there are only six issues left. Especially as this “war” with the hand is being dragged out.

He also left Mike’s corpse with the norn stone, which I guess yeah another writer would continue with but if they don’t it will just be a dead end. Not that I even want Mike to come back but narratively it would be weird to just leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    I would really hope that’s not the resolution for his relationship with Kirsten. He told her he loved her then ran away, he frustratingly was going to tell her he’s Daredevil then didn’t. I didn’t find it very satisfying for her character and I think she deserves better than that.

There doesn’t seem to be much time to resolve the goldy stuff at all if there are only six issues left. Especially as this “war” with the hand is being dragged out.

He also left Mike’s corpse with the norn stone, which I guess yeah another writer would continue with but if they don’t it will just be a dead end. Not that I even want Mike to come back but narratively it would be weird to just leave it.
    It's more than Kirsten represents a normal life. Rejecting her symbolizes Matt rejecting it.

The last run was about 40 issues so I figure V2 would be the same.

Amazing Member

It's more than Kirsten represents a normal life. Rejecting her symbolizes Matt rejecting it.

The last run was about 40 issues so I figure V2 would be the same.
    I feel like we have seen him reject a normal life only to realize he needs a civilian life at least two times before now, it’s getting kind of old. And the “he’s daredevil all the time with no civilian life” periods tend to be my least favourite, whether it was the period in Nocenti’s run, the time he fakes his death in the 90s or the Shadowland stuff, and the same applies here. I am curious to see if things will get back to some sense of normalcy before this run is over, I’m really hoping they do. Not that I don’t mind the occasional status quo change, I just don’t love this one.

Extraordinary Member

Other than DD S3, this is about the only time I've ever really enjoyed one of Matt's stints of being DD 24/7. I don't think I'd want this to be the permanent status quo (by far, my favorite sub-genre of superhero comics is urban crime drama), but so far, I'm enjoying the ride.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

dang, just got my answer in the may solicitations.

I wonder how long will Zdarsky's final arc be?

and since Punisher is ending at #12 I wonder if Matt will have a hand (pun intended) in it?

[QUOTE=charliehustle415;6379103

and since Punisher is ending at #12 I wonder if Matt will have a hand (pun intended) in it?[/QUOTE]

Please...where is your source that Punisher is ending with #12?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Please...where is your source that Punisher is ending with #12?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/puni...career-in-may/

Interesting...thank you for sharing.

Why bring Frank back just to throw him away again? Such a waste. I hope he stays around Marvel at least. Give him a full run. Damn...I was hoping for much more after #12
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I'm really enjoying the Daredevil books right now. Of all the comic books I'm reading, the Daredevil/Punisher storyline is the most interesting. Daredevil becoming the leader of The Fist and The Punisher becoming the leader of The Hand, along with Daredevil marrying Elektra, are big developments. Daredevil marrying Elektra was something that had been a possibility for a long time and now it has occurred at a temple in Tibet. The Punisher becoming the leader of The Hand, receiving super powers through the beast and achieving the return of his wife, are big developments that are conducive with strong character development for The Punisher storyline. These are interesting developments for The Punisher and Daredevil franchises which I believe are taking the characters in a direction which leaves great possibilities open for future strong plot development.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Interesting...thank you for sharing.

Why bring Frank back just to throw him away again? Such a waste. I hope he stays around Marvel at least. Give him a full run. Damn...I was hoping for much more after #12
    I'm not a huge Punisher fan so I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Double L View Post
    I'm really enjoying the Daredevil books right now. Of all the comic books I'm reading, the Daredevil/Punisher storyline is the most interesting. Daredevil becoming the leader of The Fist and The Punisher becoming the leader of The Hand, along with Daredevil marrying Elektra, are big developments. Daredevil marrying Elektra was something that had been a possibility for a long time and now it has occurred at a temple in Tibet. The Punisher becoming the leader of The Hand, receiving super powers through the beast and achieving the return of his wife, are big developments that are conducive with strong character development for The Punisher storyline. These are interesting developments for The Punisher and Daredevil franchises which I believe are taking the characters in a direction which leaves great possibilities open for future strong plot development.
    I'm really surprised Zdarsky blew his event on Devil's Reign instead of having the Punisher's Hand and Daredevil's Fist having a Knock-down drag-out fight