Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Just going by those scans, this is more or less how Artemis was written post Messner-Loebs.
    In terms of Powerpuff Girls, Artemis's personality typically resembles Buttercup. This Webcomic Artemis is decidedly Blossom.

Artemis had a good character trajectory where Jimenez landed with her, but since the DCnU she’s kind of reverted to just an anti-hero.

I’ve liked her best as the champion of the Banas albeit with more attitude than Diana. I’d like to see her go back to a green and white/silver costume, so it’s something and a costume color scheme of her own.

BANNED

Artemis: Requiem #1 was released today on DC Universe Infinite. It looks like they will be releasing each issue weekly. I have never read this story so I’m excited. I loved The Contest, and I especially love how Mike Deodato Jr. and Ed Benes draw her. I love cheesecake/T&A/sexy comic book superheroines, and Artemis looks especially gorgeous in Requiem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Artemis: Requiem #1 was released today on DC Universe Infinite. It looks like they will be releasing each issue weekly. I have never read this story so I’m excited. I loved The Contest, and I especially love how Mike Deodato Jr. and Ed Benes draw her. I love cheesecake/T&A/sexy comic book superheroines, and Artemis looks especially gorgeous in Requiem.
    The art won't be to everyone's liking but The Contest and its fallout is the definitive Artemis run. Jimenez drew a beautiful Artemis but I wasn't a fan of her being bogged down by Themysciran politics, or getting slapped down by Hippolyta the same issue she got her "upgrade" to Shimtar.

Requiem is my favored phase of Artemis because it gave her a different role from just WW supporting cast, untethered from her past connections but also open to her re-establishing her links to the Bana-Migdall and Themyscirans.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    In terms of Powerpuff Girls, Artemis's personality typically resembles Buttercup. This Webcomic Artemis is decidedly Blossom.
    I feel she's far too prone to sarcasm and arrogance to be Blossom. Even if she isn't exactly like she was in her original arc, that's expected of a character who's been around for a long time.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-03-2023 at 10:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I feel she's far too prone to sarcasm and arrogance to be Blossom. Even if she isn't exactly like she was in her original arc, that's expected of a character who's been around for a long time.
    Even Blossom could be moved to sarcasm and arrogance but there's a general lack of those traits in Web-Artemis. The more I think about it, Jason = Buttercup, Bizarro = Bubbles, and Artemis = Blossom.

I'm not opposed to the idea of Artemis acting differently, being a fan of the Adam West Batman as well as post-COIE; but if this is a continuity where The Contest happened, then I'd expect better cohesion.

For that matter, in the continuity of the Artemis: Wanted book, did The Contest still happen. Because Artemis's reverential attitude toward Hippolyta is otherwise OOC, though the easy explanation is it's Vita Freaking Ayala doing the writing.

Even Blossom could be moved to sarcasm and arrogance but there's a general lack of those traits in Web-Artemis. The more I think about it, Jason = Buttercup, Bizarro = Bubbles, and Artemis = Blossom.

I'm not opposed to the idea of Artemis acting differently, being a fan of the Adam West Batman as well as post-COIE; but if this is a continuity where The Contest happened, then I'd expect better cohesion.

For that matter, in the continuity of the Artemis: Wanted book, did The Contest still happen. Because Artemis's reverential attitude toward Hippolyta is otherwise OOC, though the easy explanation is it's Vita Freaking Ayala doing the writing.
    Current Artemis in the comics never went through a version of The Contest or was Wonder Woman, at least from what everything we've gathered so far.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah despite DCs "everything happened" the Bana never joined the island and thus Artemis becoming WW is null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Current Artemis in the comics never went through a version of The Contest or was Wonder Woman, at least from what everything we've gathered so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah despite DCs "everything happened" the Bana never joined the island and thus Artemis becoming WW is null and void.
    Do they state whether Artemis is their top warrior or just one of them? Who is the leader/Queen of the Bana?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Well, “everything happened” never made sense in the first place because there are too many contradictory stories and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Do they state whether Artemis is their top warrior or just one of them? Who is the leader/Queen of the Bana?
    Think she is and the Queens of the Bana are Faruka and Atalanta (Hippolyta's aunt).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think she is and the Queens of the Bana are Faruka and Atalanta (Hippolyta's aunt).
    Ah, thank you my friend.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Those GIFs remind me of a few posts arguing for the "diversification" of the WW cast's powers and how I'm decidedly against that. With the exception of someone like Harbinger, the ladies are usually either Amazons or they take their lead from the Amazons.

Artemis herself is Diana's most famous rival who, trickery notwithstanding, did become WW for a time. While Di has divine juice to boost her stats, Artie may be the more talented archer and I've no interest in seeing her become a master of hydro- or pyrokinesis or some other meta-talent than the warrior-athlete that she's been since her debut.

Those GIFs remind me of a few posts arguing for the "diversification" of the WW cast's powers and how I'm decidedly against that. With the exception of someone like Harbinger, the ladies are usually either Amazons or they take their lead from the Amazons.

Artemis herself is Diana's most famous rival who, trickery notwithstanding, did become WW for a time. While Di has divine juice to boost her stats, Artie may be the more talented archer and I've no interest in seeing her become a master of hydro- or pyrokinesis or some other meta-talent than the warrior-athlete that she's been since her debut.
    But the Amazons aren't just fighters and athletes, not even in the Marston era. Artemis doesn't have to become an elemental or a magician, but having some Amazons or other WW characters who aren't fighters and weapon users is good for variety. If nothing else, it will encourage more use in battles since they aren't just clones of Diana or Artemis.