Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Got my issues of Cap yesterday. Read #3. let's just say I can't wait to read #4. Glad I have it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    uncanny avengers issue 4
    Thanks Jman27

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Love how tactical Cap is here. Guy knows how to fight.

Also the flashback is brutal showing how troubled Steve's life before gaining the serum. How he stayed alive long enough to get enhanced is a miracle.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Also the flashback is brutal showing how troubled Steve's life before gaining the serum. How he stayed alive long enough to get enhanced is a miracle.
    Oh, definitely, especially with him taking on American Nazis back then.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

The flashbacks have been great. He sure had it tough.

I liked the idea of the ham sandwich method. Makes sense for Cap.

Uncanny Avengers 5. the villains turns out to be, to nobody's surprise, the evil Cap from Secret Empire. And by the end, this happened.

And worse: Cap (adjectiveless Cap) was right there, just a shield's throw distance... and did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Uncanny Avengers 5. the villains turns out to be, to nobody's surprise, the evil Cap from Secret Empire. And by the end, this happened.

And worse: Cap (adjectiveless Cap) was right there, just a shield's throw distance... and did nothing.
    uh oh. Is he running for presidential office now? Sheesh.

(and wasn't he killed some time back? I guess he got better?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh oh. Is he running for presidential office now? Sheesh.

(and wasn't he killed some time back? I guess he got better?)
    Yes, he was, and yes, he did. Both of which you can thank (or blame) Selene for, as she did the latter for Orchis to have him run false flag operations in the guise of "Captain Krakoa" to put further dirt on the mutants' name after the fallout from Orchis's attack on the latest Hellfire Gala in which the human attendees were casualties that Orchis then publicly blamed the mutants for killing. Even with him being exposed at the end of this latest iteration of Uncanny Avengers, he still has that perversion of Steve Rogers's charisma that enabled him to sway so many to his side back in Secret Empire.

It's funny how he went from evil Cap to basically the joke of Cap's Rogues Gallery.

Just looked it up, Flag-Smasher was a vacant mantle as both previous users of the name are dead. I guess we can expect to see Grant take on that mantle next year? Perhaps in fifth series of Uncanny Avengers?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny how he went from evil Cap to basically the joke of Cap's Rogues Gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just looked it up, Flag-Smasher was a vacant mantle as both previous users of the name are dead. I guess we can expect to see Grant take on that mantle next year? Perhaps in fifth series of Uncanny Avengers?
    Grant and the Flag-Smashers? I could see that. Good name for an anarchist band, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Grant and the Flag-Smashers? I could see that. Good name for an anarchist band, too.
    who's Grant? just curious. is it this guy? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Grant...(Earth-600001)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who's Grant? just curious. is it this guy? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Grant...(Earth-600001)
    Grant is "Stevil". His actual name is Steve Rogers, but that belongs with the original, so he usses the middle name instead. Like Ben Parker or Thomas Riker.

Grant is "Stevil". His actual name is Steve Rogers, but that belongs with the original, so he usses the middle name instead. Like Ben Parker or Thomas Riker.
    Ben Reilly, but yeah. Cool The Next Generation/Deep Space Nine reference with Thomas Riker, by the way.