Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/22/ma...n-america-3-2/

Captain America 3 Preview for next week.
    Cool to see Misty and Stephen .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    spoilers:
    Stevil is back and he is now Captain Krakoa.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People had been calling that one out for a while.
    Uncanny Avengers #4, if anyone wants to know more about the spoiled detail.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/22/ma...n-america-3-2/

Captain America 3 Preview for next week.
    Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Have you guys been enjoying JMS's arc so far? What do you think about Steve's voice in it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Have you guys been enjoying JMS's arc so far? What do you think about Steve's voice in it?
    Really been kind of underwhelming to me. I know I am the first to complain about too much action...but this was just bleh so far.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I have been enjoying JMS' run so far, his Steve is a delight to read

On another note, did Stephen really just pulled 47 Horcruxes out like that? Lmao (poor Steven, Stephen basically told him "You're NOT one of my most trusted person's, by not being given one) :P

I promised myself (and you guys too) that I would lay off Cap books for a while. However, JMS' story has been intriguing to me. In one sense, I appreciate the era of history that he's talking about. The German American Bund movement is fascinating to me. Indeed, it was fairly widespread in America, most notably in the NYC area. Do a little searching online and you'll find pictures of American Nazi greetings in Union City, Nazi children camps in western Jersey, and marches on 86th St. There's even a time when the German American Bund movement held a rally at MSG (While it is disheartening to know that, it's also worth mentioning that a number of the city's Jewish and Black American residents held a protest outside of it.) Issue #3 added even more historical layers with the addition of Myer Lansky. I say this is all fascinating because it shows the American story is pretty complicated.

And I find it cool to see Steve being Captain America without the super-soldier serum as he faces these Nazis. Steve's had a righteous heart well before he donned the A on his forehead.

In another sense, I like the writing. It's wordy at times and there are long pauses between the action. 20 years ago, I would have found it boring. Indeed, that's why I skipped issues of JMS' Amazing Spider-Man run. I just wanted to see the action. However, reading it now, I actually like the quiet. There's still a lot of compelling elements. The Dr. Strange doll was super clever. It wasn't monumentally in your face, but clever and still fascinating.

So, I'm liking JMS' run. Looking forward to the next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

This issue finally grabbed me. I like what is happening in the past, with Steven between Nazis and mobsters, and the menace in the present. I'm looking forward for the next issue.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    This issue finally grabbed me. I like what is happening in the past, with Steven between Nazis and mobsters, and the menace in the present. I'm looking forward for the next issue.
    Interesting that mention that, menaces in past and present. It got a little metaphysical in the beginning of the issue, with Steve's discussion about all time happening simultaneously. If this were some other writer, there would be some scenes of Marvel's embodiments of cosmic concepts, like Eternity, showing this concept. But we don't see that. Rather, the concept is demonstrated in Steve comparing and experiencing the threats of today with those of yesterday. Even though those threats happened in the past, Steve still feels like they just happened. That's something that I think a lot of us can relate to.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I promised myself (and you guys too) that I would lay off Cap books for a while. However, JMS' story has been intriguing to me. In one sense, I appreciate the era of history that he's talking about. The German American Bund movement is fascinating to me. Indeed, it was fairly widespread in America, most notably in the NYC area. Do a little searching online and you'll find pictures of American Nazi greetings in Union City, Nazi children camps in western Jersey, and marches on 86th St. There's even a time when the German American Bund movement held a rally at MSG (While it is disheartening to know that, it's also worth mentioning that a number of the city's Jewish and Black American residents held a protest outside of it.) Issue #3 added even more historical layers with the addition of Myer Lansky. I say this is all fascinating because it shows the American story is pretty complicated.

And I find it cool to see Steve being Captain America without the super-soldier serum as he faces these Nazis. Steve's had a righteous heart well before he donned the A on his forehead.

In another sense, I like the writing. It's wordy at times and there are long pauses between the action. 20 years ago, I would have found it boring. Indeed, that's why I skipped issues of JMS' Amazing Spider-Man run. I just wanted to see the action. However, reading it now, I actually like the quiet. There's still a lot of compelling elements. The Dr. Strange doll was super clever. It wasn't monumentally in your face, but clever and still fascinating.

So, I'm liking JMS' run. Looking forward to the next issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Interesting that mention that, menaces in past and present. It got a little metaphysical in the beginning of the issue, with Steve's discussion about all time happening simultaneously. If this were some other writer, there would be some scenes of Marvel's embodiments of cosmic concepts, like Eternity, showing this concept. But we don't see that. Rather, the concept is demonstrated in Steve comparing and experiencing the threats of today with those of yesterday. Even though those threats happened in the past, Steve still feels like they just happened. That's something that I think a lot of us can relate to.
    Indeed, would generally cosign, especially nowadays, with some of those threats resurfacing and resurging in real life.

Astonishing Member

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...ain-america-4/

Man the next issue is coming next week already, wow, fast.

This run must be setting the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    spoilers:
    Stevil is back and he is now Captain Krakoa.
    end of spoilers
    Where is it revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Where is it revealed?
    uncanny avengers issue 4
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That is a great scene. I just like how Cap analyzes his enemies, and sizes up someone who seems to be a powerhouse.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Cap always thinking strategically .