Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I bought volume 1 of the new run and thought it was great. Probably the most I've been interested in Steve and Bucky since the Brubaker era.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah . . . makes sense, though, sad as it might be in retrospect, given that according to Chainsaw Man lore, Devils come from humanity's collective fears. At least, that's what I recall reading and hearing.
    It makes sense considering America's general reputation around the world. We are not exactly the most popular chums for various reasons.

Wouldn't surprise me if a Japan Devil would be a thing in Asia sptrouting from the fear of the countries Japan terrorized during WWII.

Though due to the lore of the series the Chainsaw Devil erased completely erased the existence of concepts like Nazis, aids, and nuclear weapon so the fears from WWII prolly isn't as bad. Even the War Devil is explicitly in a weakened state cause Chainsaw devoured most of her meaning there's little war in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I bought volume 1 of the new run and thought it was great. Probably the most I've been interested in Steve and Bucky since the Brubaker era.
    It's a good book! Very consistent with the Kirby\Remender Spi-Fi aesthetic--no wonder they're brining back spoilers:
    Nomad and Dimension Z
    end of spoilers for the cross-over

I'm amazed Carneno's keeping up with the monthly schedule. A thing as rare as a unicorn in modern cape comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    It's a good book! Very consistent with the Kirby\Remender Spi-Fi aesthetic--no wonder they're brining back spoilers:
    Nomad and Dimension Z
    end of spoilers for the cross-over

I'm amazed Carneno's keeping up with the monthly schedule. A thing as rare as a unicorn in modern cape comics.
    I'm looking forward to it.

Sharon with the new look:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That looks awesome. It reminds me of the Destroyer's redesign in the first arc.

Is she gonna take over the mantle?

Fantastic Member

It would be cool if she was the new Destroyer. She mentioned in Coates' run that she didn't know if she wanted to be Agent 13 anymore.

Also, the part of me that lives in fear of MCU Synergy thinks the look is slightly villainous.

She looks good, but I'm hard-pressed to think you can top the Agent 13 catsuit.

Extraordinary Member

She could have at least used Roger's color scheme instead of just putting a skull on her white catsuit.

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Just read issue #10. As usual, Carnero's work is top notch. There is a detailed yet simple design to her work. Plus the way she was able to convey motion, like Aubrey's movement amongst the mental illusions, is always stellar.

Speaking of which, great to see Aubrey get his time to shine for this issue. I was somewhat spoiled since other outlets had already said Sharon would sport this new Destroyer identity (still on the fence about her taking it up. It would be cool, it adds some depth to her. But the skull mask? Reminds me of the MCU Taskmaster. A little bit of a downhill skier. Still, I digress...) Aubrey's sacrifice was inspiring nonetheless.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    She could have at least used Roger's color scheme instead of just putting a skull on her white catsuit.

But Sharon looks best in white .

why the skull design for her face?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Can someone provide backstory on Destroyer?

I have not heard of this guy before this run started.

Extraordinary Member

But Sharon looks best in white .
    If she is taking the name she should honor the costume. Not necessarily the exact...but same color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    why the skull design for her face?
    That's Destroyer's usual mask...a skull motif.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Roger_Aubrey_(Earth-616)
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

He was a golden age hero who fought alongside Cap and Torch. Maybe he'd be better known if Marvel had a proper JSA equivalent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman