Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That is a great scene. I just like how Cap analyzes his enemies, and sizes up someone who seems to be a powerhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cap always thinking strategically .
    He wouldn't have lasted as long as he has if he didn't.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I realized the new villain's name Emissary is also same named with Rabin from the current Spider-Man run

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I realized the new villain's name Emissary is also same named with Rabin from the current Spider-Man run
    We don't talk about that guy .

Cap always thinking strategically .
    I know, right?! One thing's for sure, no more "breaking the unbreakable shield" moments which can get quite tedious after awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! One thing's for sure, no more "breaking the unbreakable shield" moments which can get quite tedious after awhile...

And then they brought it back and left some scars on the shield fully knowing no artist would consistently depict the shield with those cracks .

Totally agree. No more of that.

And then they brought it back and left some scars on the shield fully knowing no artist would consistently depict the shield with those cracks .
    Thank goodness, I try to forget about it lol.

so has Odin or Thor forged a new shield for Steve made out of Uru? At least then it won't break (mostly)?
    On the inside, it can have an inscription, "for those who are worthy.."

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Totally agree. No more of that.

Thank goodness, I try to forget about it lol.
    I know, right?! Cap's shield should be the epitome of perfection (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has Odin or Thor forged a new shield for Steve made out of Uru? At least then it won't break (mostly)?
    On the inside, it can have an inscription, "for those who are worthy.."
    LOL! Funny you should mention that, Hypestyle.
    During Fear Itself, Tony just happened to be in Svartalfheim & asked a favor of the Dwarves of Nidavellir.
    So yeah, the shield was repaired with Uru-Infused Enhancements

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-09-2023 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

In the previous issue of Captain America, Jesús Saiz only drew half of the comicbook, but at least the change in penciller was used to divide the two timelines in which the overall story is unfolding. This last chapter, we don't even have that; instead, Lan Medina is the only artist. I like his style, but it's sad that we can't even get one single storyarc with visual coherency. We don't even get Matt Hollingsworth's colors in this chapter.

I like Straczynski's voice for Steve Rogers; he is strategic, intelligent, righteous and fun, with and without his powers. Though I must say, while I get that the dialogue about taking pictures of food was to mantain the idea of Cap as a man out of time, that joke comes years later. Even my step father takes pictures of his food nowadays. Maybe the idea was to show that even adults such as Sharon are doing these trends that usually only young people follow but Steve, old fashioned, didn't catch up until now? I dunno, it didn't vibe with me. I don't even consider Steve to be old fashioned.

With this chapter, we finally see just how linked both stories, in the past and present, are. With the evil demon trying to complete the mission he started decades ago and that was, probably, frustrated by Steve Rogers himself
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    In the previous issue of Captain America, Jesús Saiz only drew half of the comicbook, but at least the change in penciller was used to divide the two timelines in which the overall story is unfolding. This last chapter, we don't even have that; instead, Lan Medina is the only artist. I like his style, but it's sad that we can't even get one single storyarc with visual coherency. We don't even get Matt Hollingsworth's colors in this chapter.

I like Straczynski's voice for Steve Rogers; he is strategic, intelligent, righteous and fun, with and without his powers. Though I must say, while I get that the dialogue about taking pictures of food was to mantain the idea of Cap as a man out of time, that joke comes years later. Even my step father takes pictures of his food nowadays. Maybe the idea was to show that even adults such as Sharon are doing these trends that usually only young people follow but Steve, old fashioned, didn't catch up until now? I dunno, it didn't vibe with me. I don't even consider Steve to be old fashioned.

With this chapter, we finally see just how linked both stories, in the past and present, are. With the evil demon trying to complete the mission he started decades ago and that was, probably, frustrated by Steve Rogers himself
    Artistic consistency in a Big Two comic is...spotty .

I know, right?! Cap's shield should be the epitome of perfection (IMHO):

Totally agree! Nothing like it IMO.

I didn't realize I was falling behind with Cap. I knew issue 3 came out, but I just saw #4 is out today. Ordered them both, hopefully they'll be in for the weekend.

I really, really liked the first 2 issues.

Astonishing Member

man reading the issue you really feel for Steve especially as he work himself almost to death. and how brutal the Depression was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    man reading the issue you really feel for Steve especially as he work himself almost to death. and how brutal the Depression was.
    I just love the feel of this book. I have a good feeling about this run.