Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wasnt he the original body of cap and the current cap we have is from the cosmic cube?
    Not entirely. It's more like they swapped places, with "our" Steve being pulled inside Kobik and replaced by HYDRA-Cap.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/02/ma...of-liberty-13/

I'm enjoying the current run and definitely got excited for JMS taking over.
    Guess it's up to Steve's actual writers to clean up the mess made in Sam's book.

Extraordinary Member

While I have been critical of this most recent run I do want to mention some things I liked about it...

1. Steve moving home and having a personal life with some new friends outside of the super hero world.
    2. His morning run. Enjoyed that that was added and the he gets out there and interacts with people as Steve and not Cap
    3. The return of his personal jet the Freedoms Flight. Glad it has not been forgotten.
    4. Jeremy Merrick...the Captains Network Air Force officer. While not a fan of the USoCA stuff...this one character is someone I would like to see more of. A new Iron Patriot maybe??
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Agreed, Chri0013. It was those moments I liked best from this most recent Cap run. Cap being an activing, living part of the world and interacting with normal people and impacting their lives. That stuff was great. The Outer Circle plotline pretty much turned me off immediately but I earnestly liked a lot of the character moments they had early on, even if I was disappointed by the needless convolutions to Cap's backstory, which like most of these characters, has gotten quite convoluted enough already.

Most of the stuff that didn't involve the Outer Circle was good in this run.

JMS is planning yet another dark secret organization hiding in the shadows... but I think Cap really needs a break from that. I would love to see a run that is just him and his motorcycle traveling around the US and interacting with established allies and the general public. Trying to build up some good will since Cap has been involved in a lot of controversy lately. Incorporate the Captain America network from the USofCA mini and the old Hotline from Gruenwald's run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    JMS is planning yet another dark secret organization hiding in the shadows... but I think Cap really needs a break from that. I would love to see a run that is just him and his motorcycle traveling around the US and interacting with established allies and the general public. Trying to build up some good will since Cap has been involved in a lot of controversy lately. Incorporate the Captain America network from the USofCA mini and the old Hotline from Gruenwald's run.
    Thank you for the disappointing news. I completely agree it is time for a back to basics Cap connecting with America and his old friends.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah! Seemingly, Waid/Samnee set something like that up awhile ago. Sadly, there was no continuation since no one appeared interested...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-04-2023 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I'm so tired of the shadowy secret organizations...

The only saving grace, at least for now, is that this particular shadow organization is tied back to Captain America's roots in fighting the Nazis. Specifically, the American bunds that were cropping up during the Nazis' rise to power in the decade preceding World War II, and it would have real-world historical relevance as well. After all, when the first Captain America comic came out, those same American Nazis wanted Jack Kirby's head on a pike for daring to depict Hitler being punched out by Cap and Kirby was more than ready to give them what they had coming --- though by the time he got down there, they'd already dispersed, i.e. fled, because someone in the office called the police to deal with them. Given the contemporary resurgence in the kinds of attitudes, rhetoric, and policymaking that fomented the rise of Nazism and fascism back then, I'd say I have slightly more faith in J. Michael Straczynski to execute a more adequate takedown of such destructive societal forces by way of Captain America compared to what Nick Spencer ultimately gave us, especially given that Straczynski wrote (some of) the best Captain America appearances during Civil War, even a speech that actually got repurposed and adapted for Captain America: Civil War because it was that good.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 07-04-2023 at 05:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm so tired of the shadowy secret organizations...
    I am waiting for a story were they all wind up working at cross purposes and all their plans fall apart without any hero interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The only saving grace, at least for now, is that this particular shadow organization is tied back to Captain America's roots in fighting the Nazis. Specifically, the American bunds that were cropping up during the Nazis' rise to power in the decade preceding World War II, and it would have real-world historical relevance as well. After all, when the first Captain America comic came out, those same American Nazis wanted Jack Kirby's head on a pike for daring to depict Hitler being punched out by Cap and Kirby was more than ready to give them what they had coming ---though by the time he got down there, they'd already dispersed, i.e. fled, because someone in the office called the police to deal with them. Given the contemporary resurgence in the kinds of attitudes, rhetoric, and policymaking that fomented the rise of Nazism and fascism back then, I'd say I have slightly more faith in J. Michael Straczynski to execute a more adequate takedown of such destructive societal forces by way of Captain America compared to what Nick Spencer ultimately gave us, especially given that Straczynski wrote (some of) the best Captain America appearances during Civil War, even a speech that actually got repurposed and adapted for Captain America: Civil War because it was that good.
    That would be interesting...kind of a Sum Of All Fears sort of thing...if it wasn't coming on the heals of the Outer Circle.

Edit...would be even better if Jack Monroe was still alive because of his family history.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-04-2023 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am waiting for a story were they all wind up working at cross purposes and all their plans fall apart without any hero interference.

That would be interesting...kind of a Sum Of All Fears sort of thing...if it wasn't coming on the heals of the Outer Circle.

Edit...would be even better if Jack Monroe was still alive because of his family history.
    Yeah, Jack Monroe should come back at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Cosigned, and yeah, it would be an epic comedy of errors if all those sinister secret syndicates ended up clashing with and ultimately eliminating each other with no need for the heroes to do much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The only saving grace, at least for now, is that this particular shadow organization is tied back to Captain America's roots in fighting the Nazis. Specifically, the American bunds that were cropping up during the Nazis' rise to power in the decade preceding World War II, and it would have real-world historical relevance as well. After all, when the first Captain America comic came out, those same American Nazis wanted Jack Kirby's head on a pike for daring to depict Hitler being punched out by Cap and Kirby was more than ready to give them what they had coming --- though by the time he got down there, they'd already dispersed, i.e. fled, because someone in the office called the police to deal with them. Given the contemporary resurgence in the kinds of attitudes, rhetoric, and policymaking that fomented the rise of Nazism and fascism back then, I'd say I have slightly more faith in J. Michael Straczynski to execute a more adequate takedown of such destructive societal forces by way of Captain America compared to what Nick Spencer ultimately gave us, especially given that Straczynski wrote (some of) the best Captain America appearances during Civil War, even a speech that actually got repurposed and adapted for Captain America: Civil War because it was that good.
    Agreed. Lovely speech (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I concur. Back in the '80s, loved it when Cap got involved in the Scourge investigations.
    A decade later, Jack got roped in & it piqued my interest. An update might have potential (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-04-2023 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Lovely speech (IMHO):

I concur. Back in the '80s, loved it when Cap got involved in the Scourge investigations.
    A decade later, Jack got roped in & it piqued my interest. An update might have potential (IMHO):

Crappity-crap-crap-crappity...I just realized...3 of Cap's people have been Scourge. Vagabond, Nomad and D-Man have all done it at one point or another.

Scourge.jpg

And speaking of Jack...what is your favorite look for him? I prefer the original caped costume. Just something about it even though it breaks Edna's rules.

Nomad.jpg
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-04-2023 at 07:28 PM.