Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Crappity-crap-crap-crappity...I just realized...3 of Cap's people have been Scourge. Vagabond, Nomad and D-Man have all done it at one point or another.

Attachment 133095

And speaking of Jack...what is your favorite look for him? I prefer the original caped costume. Just something about it even though it breaks Edna's rules.

Attachment 133094
    Dude! If we're talking just Nomad, then any one of them could be a fave. But when it comes to Jack's oeuvre, then Scourge wins hands down...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigned, and yeah, it would be an epic comedy of errors if all those sinister secret syndicates ended up clashing with and ultimately eliminating each other with no need for the heroes to do much of anything.
    TV Newscaster: "...and in political news Presidential Candidate Jack Johnson has been caught in a drugs and sex scandal after being found in a Miami hotel room with cocaine and prostitutes...while his opponent John Jackson..on the campaign trail in Los Angeles... has had multiple ex-girlfriends come forward alleging emotional and physical abuse over the course of their relationships. Both candidates have dropped out leaving us with no one running for President."
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

TV Newscaster: "...and in political news Presidential Candidate Jack Johnson has been caught in a drugs and sex scandal after being found in a Miami hotel room with cocaine and prostitutes...while his opponent John Jackson..on the campaign trail in Los Angeles... has had multiple ex-girlfriends come forward alleging emotional and physical abuse over the course of their relationships. Both candidates have dropped out leaving us with no one running for President."
    Ha, yes. Good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

what you think of the 750 issue. I read it a good send off, also, did this issue just outed Namor as bi, since he said that Roger Aubrey was Gorgeous when everyone that knew him made their final words.

Astonishing Member

"Gorgeous" in this context might not have been a physical description. He could have been speaking of Roger's spirit, perhaps.

While it is certainly an odd choice of word to give Namor here, I don't think it was intended as outing Namor as bisexual. Presumably something like that would be given a bit more weight than a single panel comment in the context of a funeral, during the finale issue of this creative team's time with the book.

All-New Member

Wasn't Namor already pan? Could have sworn he was, but I might be thinking of somebody else. I vaguely recall a hint he was involved with Hercules at some point.

I liked the issue enough. Peggy being present for the funeral was weird, as was Sharon unveiling herself as the new Destroyer. Sharon's words, while thematically appropriate given her history, are a bit odd given she mentions that she was told she'd never run SHIELD and never be an Avenger, given she's done both.

Extraordinary Member

Really disappointed in Cap 750. It just lived down to my expectations from the past year.

The Sam story...well at least we found out where the shield came from. I will give it that. But the overall story seems to be that Misty harassed Sam into becoming Captain America again. And who were the gunmen at the end? Just random people attacking a cabin in the woods? Who were they, who sent them and why???

Roger's Funeral...what a shame that his funeral turned into everyone else's story.
    Sharon and her "look at me, I'm special" nonsense. And she only knew Roger for a week? I would think they could have established that she knew him her whole life, that he was "Uncle Roger" who was a very close friend to her Aunt Peggy.
    Steve giving the Redacted a new name...Nomad.
    Steve and Bucky working out their issues.
    The great grandson of the "real" Shield maker showing up to let them know the Shield is the macguffin they need to shut the Outer Circle down.
    This should have been about Roger. It should have been a who's who of old time heroes and their experiences with him. Where were Spitfire, Toro, Thin Man, Blazing Skull, all the old timers living at Valhalla Villas from the Ant Man series.

And all the other storys were just fluff.

I would expect better from an issue 750 than what we got from this one
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-08-2023 at 07:45 AM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Loved the issue. Felt the series was a bit compressed for me. Could’ve relaxed a bit and expanded on all the character arcs and plot. Wonder if the Straczynski’s recruitment had anything to do with it. So glad to see Carnero back on pencils. DeMatties and Pichelli’s story was excellent.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
    Wasn't Namor already pan? Could have sworn he was, but I might be thinking of somebody else. I vaguely recall a hint he was involved with Hercules at some point.

I liked the issue enough. Peggy being present for the funeral was weird, as was Sharon unveiling herself as the new Destroyer. Sharon's words, while thematically appropriate given her history, are a bit odd given she mentions that she was told she'd never run SHIELD and never be an Avenger, given she's done both.
    That could be read as her proving those people wrong though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Loved the issue. Felt the series was a bit compressed for me. Could’ve relaxed a bit and expanded on all the character arcs and plot. Wonder if the Straczynski’s recruitment had anything to do with it. So glad to see Carnero back on pencils. DeMatties and Pichelli’s story was excellent.
    I think it just didn't sell well, is all

And speaking of Jack...what is your favorite look for him? I prefer the original caped costume. Just something about it even though it breaks Edna's rules.

Attachment 133094
    Edna's a bad designer that got a lot of people killed.

Really disappointed in Cap 750. It just lived down to my expectations from the past year.

The Sam story...well at least we found out where the shield came from. I will give it that. But the overall story seems to be that Misty harassed Sam into becoming Captain America again. And who were the gunmen at the end? Just random people attacking a cabin in the woods? Who were they, who sent them and why???
    Good questions. I was wondering the same thing about the soldiers. As for Sam's initial reason for not taking the role of Cap and then, I understand it. Sam has that fear of losing it again. However, he still take it up. Cool that he visited his parents regarding it. But it felt a little short. And the reason why he takes up the shield, I wasn't too clear. I'll have to read it again.

Roger's Funeral...what a shame that his funeral turned into everyone else's story.
    Sharon and her "look at me, I'm special" nonsense. And she only knew Roger for a week? I would think they could have established that she knew him her whole life, that he was "Uncle Roger" who was a very close friend to her Aunt Peggy.
    Steve giving the Redacted a new name...Nomad.
    Steve and Bucky working out their issues.
    The great grandson of the "real" Shield maker showing up to let them know the Shield is the macguffin they need to shut the Outer Circle down.
    This should have been about Roger. It should have been a who's who of old time heroes and their experiences with him. Where were Spitfire, Toro, Thin Man, Blazing Skull, all the old timers living at Valhalla Villas from the Ant Man series.

And all the other storys were just fluff.

I would expect better from an issue 750 than what we got from this one
    As for the funeral, my main concern was were was the current Union Jack? Roger was closely related to that legacy, so I wanted to see that acknowledged.

Threads are being tied up and there are new beginnings. But something was missing. Felt it could have been better.

The scene between Steve and Bucky was good. They needed to resolve some things. I have to reread past issues because I got lost with Bucky's role in all of this. But I'm glad there was a resolution.

Another thing that got me was the closeness of the scene. I could chalk that up to the deep brotherhood between the two. Moreover, two men expressing their feelings openly is a welcome thing. But I have to admit, the scene (and some other scenes throughout the series) could also be seen in a "Stucky" light. Ultimately, I think there are many ways to interpret it.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Yeah, I feel that this overall story could have been expanded. I wanted to a game of shadows and conspiracy between Cap and the Outer Circle. Who gets to decide the meaning of a symbol is a question that the series could have given more examination. As for me, as a fan of Dan Jurgens' run, I liked his story.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Good questions. I was wondering the same thing about the soldiers. As for Sam's initial reason for not taking the role of Cap and then, I understand it. Sam has that fear of losing it again. However, he still take it up. Cool that he visited his parents regarding it. But it felt a little short. And the reason why he takes up the shield, I wasn't too clear. I'll have to read it again.

As for the funeral, my main concern was were was the current Union Jack? Roger was closely related to that legacy, so I wanted to see that acknowledged.

Threads are being tied up and there are new beginnings. But something was missing. Felt it could have been better.

The scene between Steve and Bucky was good. They needed to resolve some things. I have to reread past issues because I got lost with Bucky's role in all of this. But I'm glad there was a resolution.

Another thing that got me was the closeness of the scene. I could chalk that up to the deep brotherhood between the two. Moreover, two men expressing their feelings openly is a welcome thing. But I have to admit, the scene (and some other scenes throughout the series) could also be seen in a "Stucky" light. Ultimately, I think there are many ways to interpret it.
    I agree on a lot of that needing to be resolved...but Roger's funeral was not the place for it. The entire story should have been about other people's experiences with Roger and ended with him being buried. Not about everyone else's drama.

And I agree about current UJ Joey Chapman being there. He may not have been a WW2 vet but he is tied to the legacy of one and they did work together from time to time.

Extraordinary Member

Sharon and her "look at me, I'm special" nonsense. And she only knew Roger for a week?
    While I realize that Roger is a fictional character, yeah, I have to agree. Sharon's whole spectacle here was pretty gross. There are times and places for things and at another man's funeral was the time for neither. Kinda just seemed like a desperate attempt to make Sharon relevant and interesting, quite frankly.

Agreed on every count.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh so this run is gonna end without the Outer Circle stuff getting resolved?