Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

A terrible ending to a terrible run. I really didn't expect any better as bad as the story was from the start.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Recently been re-reading the Winter Soldier arcs, and am really enjoying it. I had forgotten who well done Cap comics were during that time.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A terrible ending to a terrible run. I really didn't expect any better as bad as the story was from the start.
    Have to agree. Cap needs a fresh start and back to the basics. No more Nazi Cap crap. No more secret society shield symbol crap. Marvel tarnished him and his shield. What was editorial thinking? His sales must have been terrible.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Have to agree. Cap needs a fresh start and back to the basics. No more Nazi Cap crap. No more secret society shield symbol crap. Marvel tarnished him and his shield. What was editorial thinking? His sales must have been terrible.
    They took Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. and Secret Warriors idea and ran it through the ground so hard it came out in China.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Cap needs his secret identity back

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    He had a secret identity!? I thought the world always knew he was Steve Rogers?

He needs a personal life again, like the one good thing about this run was him taking art classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He needs a personal life again, like the one good thing about this run was him taking art classes.
    I know, right?! Along with a civilian supporting cast...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Really thinking about it the main problem with the whole Outer Circle storyline is that it got too big and stayed that way.

Like the book was really good at the start cause it decently balanced the down to Earth stuff with the plot stuff. But eventually it got overtly serialized with no downtime, just major event after major event with no rest.

Which meant not only did Steve's interactions with the people get demoted, but it also put the Outer Circle and all their weaknesses as a concept out in the open. It just knocked you in the head and proceeded to keep knocking it for the rest of the book.

Extraordinary Member

While I do think that most characters can benefit from a secret id, I think all Cap really needs is a supporting cast at least half made up of people who aren't spies or superheroes. They just keep him more grounded and relatable.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I do think that most characters can benefit from a secret id, I think all Cap really needs is a supporting cast at least half made up of people who aren't spies or superheroes. They just keep him more grounded and relatable.
    Not only more grounded and relatable, but also regarding superheroes in general, abler to empathize with the needs and concerns of ordinary human beings, which I have said for a good while now could be a factor in how alienated the in-universe public has become from superheroes at large over the years.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

has J. Michael Straczynski spoken at length about his inspirations for his upcoming story arcs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvkCFynf4Y&t=4s

Seems like there's some territory covered in Rachel Maddow's Ultra podcast that deals with some truly eye opening events in NYC and elsewhere in the country that actively sympathized with the Nazi party-

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-presents-ultra

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-podcast/...-boys-n1299377

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has J. Michael Straczynski spoken at length about his inspirations for his upcoming story arcs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvkCFynf4Y&t=4s

Seems like there's some territory covered in Rachel Maddow's Ultra podcast that deals with some truly eye opening events in NYC and elsewhere in the country that actively sympathized with the Nazi party-

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-presents-ultra

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-podcast/...-boys-n1299377
    It is not like Maddow just discovered that Nazis in America Stuff. It has been known for years. History Channel has had shows on it for a while. Leading up to the US entry into WW2 there was a pretty big Nazi movement in the US. Even had a huge rally at Madison Square Garden in 1939. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1939_N..._Square_Garden
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-28-2023 at 06:11 AM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It is not like Maddow just discovered that Nazis in America Stuff. It has been known for years. History Channel has had shows on it for a while. Leading up to the US entry into WW2 there was a pretty big Nazi movement in the US. Even had a huge rally at Madison Square Garden in 1939. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1939_N..._Square_Garden
    Funny enough, Spider-Man Noir had a Marvel Unlimited comic where he did infiltrate and bust heads at that Nazi rally. And hell, the American Nazi movement wasn't exactly happy about that debut cover of Captain America showing him punching Hitler's lights out . . . to which Jack Kirby's response can be best summarized as, "Bring it." Alas, the cowards fled before Jack Kirby could show them a thing or two about the real American spirit, since somebody had called the cops after those cowards made their threats to Kirby. At least, that's the story I recall hearing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    He had a secret identity!? I thought the world always knew he was Steve Rogers?
    The authorities did, but not the general public. Did he reveal himself around the same time Iron Man did?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman