Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Badass animated Hippolyte intro with the most lethal use at the Wonder Tiara I've ever seen - from the 2009 WONDER WOMAN animated feature
    https://youtu.be/qfhYEdKyRxc
    It's kind of hard to wrap my head around the mechanics/physics of decapitating someone by throwing a tiara at them. Especially seeing the impossible angle from which Hippolyta threw the tiara. But I will just put that aside and keep it in my 'suspension of disbelief' mental files.

Anyway, I recently bought the soundtrack to the WW 2009 animated film and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the music is. Seriously, if I did not know what I was listening to, I would've assumed it was the soundtrack to a big-budget theatrical film.

Extraordinary Member

659BC52A-ACA1-4B5B-A4B8-2B9EC4360EFC.jpg
    The queen of the Amazons as Wonder Woman

Upright: Nurturing healer, down-to-earth, gratitude, social consciousness

Reversed Neglectful of self, smothering, obsessed with status, dependence

Last edited by Gaius; 06-14-2023 at 03:12 PM.

Valerie looks amazing as always.

Also, I think this is the first time she did Hippolyta instead of Diana.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Valerie looks amazing as always.

Also, I think this is the first time she did Hippolyta instead of Diana.
    I think that's still Diana. We never got confirmation that that was Hippolyta, abs I think Kelly Sue said in one interview she had no interest in Hippolyta being WW

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think that's still Diana. We never got confirmation that that was Hippolyta, abs I think Kelly Sue said in one interview she had no interest in Hippolyta being WW
    I believe that started as general pitch art to go with DeConnick's pitch (which they did ask not to be announced as early as it was), so while I think it's Hippolyta I don't take it as indicative of anything for where the story's going.

I know that the hair color is not the right one, but for me she is Hera.
    She has the exact same face that Phil drew for her in the comic and very different from Hippolyta's.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Writers really have had a thing for Hippolyta romancing the Gods and it always seems weird.

Justice League - Hippolyta/Hades
    In JL animated series, Hippolyta and Hades are shown to have a past romance, one that, according to Hades lead to Dianas creation. He alludes to him helping Hippolyta mold Diana from clay and her getting her jet black hair from him. Of course this ends up in Hades betraying Hippolyta and being locked away.

Wonder Woman 2009 dtv - Hippolyta/Ares
    The WW 2009 dtv starts off with Hippolyta battling Ares, God of War. Ares alludes to the two having a past romance that of course ended up betrayal and forcing himself upon Hippolyta leading to the birth of their son Thrax whom Hippolyta beheads.

Wonder Woman New 52/WW movie - Hippolyta/Zeus
    The New 52 made the most drastic change to the Wonder Woman mythos, Hippolyta/Zeus have an affair that leads to the birth of Diana. Zeus doesn’t appear to betray Hippolyta like her relationships with past gods but he “dies” and Hera takes revenge on the Queen of the Amazons for sleeping with her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Writers really have had a thing for Hippolyta romancing the Gods and it always seems weird.

In JL animated series, Hippolyta and Hades are shown to have a past romance, one that, according to Hades lead to Dianas creation. He alludes to him helping Hippolyta mold Diana from clay and her getting her jet black hair from him. Of course this ends up in Hades betraying Hippolyta and being locked away.

The WW 2009 dtv starts off with Hippolyta battling Ares, God of War. Ares alludes to the two having a past romance that of course ended up betrayal and forcing himself upon Hippolyta leading to the birth of their son Thrax whom Hippolyta beheads.

The New 52 made the most drastic change to the Wonder Woman mythos, Hippolyta/Zeus have an affair that leads to the birth of Diana. Zeus doesn’t appear to betray Hippolyta like her relationships with past gods but he “dies” and Hera takes revenge on the Queen of the Amazons for sleeping with her husband.
    Hippolyta and her daughter just have that effect on people...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Don't forget Heracles in the Silver Age and even Perez to some extent. It's really gross the way she gets passed around the Pantheon.

It feels like so many problems with the Wonder Woman characters are rooted in writers not knowing what to do with them outside of romance.

Incredible Member

How she should be drawn and voiced . Blond hair, blonde eyebrows.

https://youtu.be/6UfZn6gviAo?si=ZNptmj7V4UHx2wQO

I don't care for blonde Hippolyta

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't care for blonde Hippolyta
    Hahaha, now see, I really like the first pic of blonde Hippolyta, the one with the crown and blue eyes.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!