Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I honestly can't believe that Kamala is part of the spider-office now and working with Norman Osborn of all people. It seems like they don't know what to do with her.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I honestly can't believe that Kamala is part of the spider-office now and working with Norman Osborn of all people. It seems like they don't know what to do with her.
    Yeah - she should be in the Avengers office. Both her solo book and Champions were, but of course both are now gone. I blame COVID, which completely destroyed the Outlawed event by creating a six month gap between the initial one-shot and Champions #1. That was a franchise killer for Champions, whose final 10 issue run switched creative team half way through, which definitely can't have been the original plan.

As for the Osborn thing, Kamala shouldn't be working, period. Her Dark Web tie-in actually has her friends point out how odd the decision to get that job was - and she and Miles are meant to be the same age, and he's still at school, which means logically she shouldn't have graduated yet either.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2023 at 03:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From Who Is Ironheart, an Infinity Comics recap of Riri's history (written by Eve L Ewing).

lol. She was fined $50 for leaving the model 1 armour in a parking space! Though I thought the model 1 Ironheart armour fell to pieces, leading to her getting a suit based on the one Tony was using at the time? Which this recap completely skips, by the way.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - she should be in the Avengers office. Both her solo book and Champions were, but of course both are now gone. I blame COVID, which completely destroyed the Outlawed event by creating a six month gap between the initial one-shot and Champions #1. That was a franchise killer for Champions, whose final 10 issue run switched creative team half way through, which definitely can't have been the original plan.

As for the Osborn thing, Kamala shouldn't be working, period. Her Dark Web tie-in actually has her friends point out how odd the decision to get that job was - and she and Miles are meant to be the same age, and he's still at school, which means logically she shouldn't have graduated yet either.
    I still have yet to finish the Zub run (bad me) but I read the first issue of the Outlawed stuff and didn't think it was too great. It feels like the MCU is headed towards Young Avengers/Champions hybrid so here's hoping that doesn't completely bury the original team.

On another thought, would anyone wanna read a champions comic just about the main trinity of Miles, Sam, and Kamala?

Yeah, there's been a rumour mentioned in the Young Avengers thread that Vision Quest will debut Viv as part of a YA setup (she'd be replacing Jonas Vision from the comics team). Since the comics would likely synergise if that's true, it would affect the chances of a Champions comeback. Though, Vision Quest is at least a year away anyhow, it's not on this year's slate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    It was pretty random.

I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of a new teen team using the Champions name. It grew on my eventually and I own every issue that's been published. Having said that I think at this point I'd rather see a new Young Avengers book using former Champions like Nova, Iron Heart, etc merged with the former YA's. Then I'd like a new title called Champions featuring the original line-up as they are now. I would absolutely love to see the modern Hercules, Black Widow, Angel, Ice Man and Ghost Rider on a team again. Throw in a few more rarely used characters like Jack of Hearts and Tigra and it would be even cooler.

Ms. Marvel working for Osbourne has a simple explanation: the current Amazing Spider-Man is a trainwreck, so they need to milk someone else's popularity. Wolverine is a bit busy nowadays, being Beast's feral beast puppet, so Kamala had to be it.

As for Kamala having graduated, and Miles not, there is a simple explanation. He got low grades and has to repeat the year.