Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Preview: SCARLET WITCH #2

Viv Vision stumbles through Wanda’s door, exhausted and terrified of the nightmares playing her mother’s death on repeat.

Nice fashion Viv .

Uh, Viv does know that Vision calls Wonder Man his brother too, right? Viv should consider Wanda and Simon to be her aunt and uncle, at least. She doesn't have to consider Wanda a replacement Mom, but she is her family.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, Viv does know that Vision calls Wonder Man his brother too, right? Viv should consider Wanda and Simon to be her aunt and uncle, at least. She doesn't have to consider Wanda a replacement Mom, but she is her family.
    A LOT has happened since the late ‘80’s when Vision and Wonder Man considered each other brothers. Are we sure that’s the case? When was the last time we saw them together? I seem to remember they were together in the Slott Iron Man run, but I don’t think they discussed much. It was all action as I recall.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

It came up in the Vision solo book that Viv debuted in, when Simon's brother Grim Reaper showed up. Simon himself didn't appear but their relationship was acknowledged.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ah, the infamously convoluted Summers family. Marvel should make a wacky family sitcom out of that.

What is wrong with Viv's face? It has this weird snap together look..
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It came up in the Vision solo book that Viv debuted in, when Simon's brother Grim Reaper showed up. Simon himself didn't appear but their relationship was acknowledged.
    Did not remember that. Thank you.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What is wrong with Viv's face? It has this weird snap together look..
    I think the lines on the face are meant to make her look robotic and inhuman

Yeah, there's been a rumour mentioned in the Young Avengers thread that Vision Quest will debut Viv as part of a YA setup (she'd be replacing Jonas Vision from the comics team). Since the comics would likely synergise if that's true, it would affect the chances of a Champions comeback. Though, Vision Quest is at least a year away anyhow, it's not on this year's slate.
    I wouldn't worry too much. Marvel has already learned that the "synergy" never gave the expected results, and they ceased trying long ago. Nowadays, "synergy" only means that there should be a comic in the stands featuring the star of the new film when it's released, but just that. Consider for example Wakanda Forever, when it was released there was a Namor comic available... where Atlantis is still Atlantis. Of Ms. Marvel: Beyond the Limits, released shortly before the series, but her powers are still the same as always (her problems with them were just a false alarm, it was for plot-related reasons and Marvel never changed them to the MCU ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    And she's always looked like that. And it'll likely stay that way unless she appears in the MCU with a different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    The character is a synthezoid, not a robot. What makes it look inhuman is the striking skin and eye color. Look at The Vision. I really want this character to make it into the MCU so the silly lines will be done away with and then the comics will as well.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The character is a synthezoid, not a robot. What makes it look inhuman is the striking skin and eye color. Look at The Vision. I really want this character to make it into the MCU so the silly lines will be done away with and then the comics will as well.
    Remember that "synthezoid" is a term coined by Marvel and used just for Vision (it's only in recent years that there are others). Calling Vision and Viv "robots" or "androids" is perfectly fine.

Correct, it's short for synthetic android.

Correct, it's short for synthetic android.
    The Visions body is replica of a human body containing analogues to all human organs blood and tissues. Composed of an organic like substance it mimics all the functions of human tissue.

In other words there is no need for the weird snap together look, and the only reason why it's there is because Marvel thinks that the people who read the comics are too stupid to know what she is and unless they put it there.

It doesn't even make sense from a story standpoint. Why would the Vision build a daughter that looked more archaic than him?

Why does no one ask her why her dad has a "normal" looking face and her face looks like it snaps together
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-30-2023 at 02:31 AM.