Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Kamala's own thread is blowing up right now... and the spoilers posted there pretty much rule out a Champions relaunch this year.
    spoilers:
    Beause Kamala is killed off in Amazing Spider-Man #26.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala's own thread is blowing up right now... and the spoilers posted there pretty much rule out a Champions relaunch this year.
    spoilers:
    Beause Kamala is killed off in Amazing Spider-Man #26.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And people say Marvel treats their teen heroes better.
    end of spoilers

Mark Waid AMA
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/commu...hread/17072754
    I have a million stories I could tell with young Scott but no place to tell them. As for me and the Champions, yes, there's a (small-scale) plan but I can't talk about it yet. Stay tuned.
    Obviously he didn't like teen Scott ending up merging with his older self. Another reply says he misses him.

The Champions project is obviously Fallen Friend: The Death of Ms. Marvel, which was only announced yesterday because of the leak - he clearly didn't know he could now talk about it.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Champions logo showed up in Edge of Spider-Verse #3 in Spider-Boy's story (which was drawn by Ramos). It seems that teens are still wearing the team's merchandise! Wasn't that stuff unauthorised and taken off the market? Though the girl wearing the Champions branded sweater happens to be homeless (she lives at the FEAST centre that Aunt May runs), which perhaps explains it. After he saves her from Mister Negative's goons, her family ends up taking in Spider-Boy, whose real family don't remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Champions logo showed up in Edge of Spider-Verse #3 in Spider-Boy's story (which was drawn by Ramos). It seems that teens are still wearing the team's merchandise! Wasn't that stuff unauthorised and taken off the market? Though the girl wearing the Champions branded sweater happens to be homeless (she lives at the FEAST centre that Aunt May runs), which perhaps explains it. After he saves her from Mister Negative's goons, her family ends up taking in Spider-Boy, whose real family don't remember him.
    Interesting stuff!

Wanda got a letter from Billy in today’s SW Annual

EDIT: Wrong thread!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

lol, you want the Young Avengers thread...

Mighty Member

Laura Kinney being comforted by Kamala Khan by imaxwebber

Neither of them in canon costumes I see. Though that isn't a bad design for Kamala.

Potential foreshadowing for a new Champions book? Marvel is dropping a lot of "New Champion" variant covers coming in October.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...cret-sidekicks

That would make sense. After Kamala is resurrected, the team - which never broke up - just resumes their usual stuff.

However, there's 22 of these. No way would they all be on any new team.

I do notice one of them is for TBA #1, aka (presumably) Ms. Marvel: Reborn Anew, so one of them would be a sidekick to Kamala herself. Seems more like a new version of MC2 to me. October does happen to be the modern Champions' seventh anniversary, but I don't think this is connected to them. It's just a bunch of Spider-Boys for other characters (the ASM one shows a Black Cat legacy instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Potential foreshadowing for a new Champions book? Marvel is dropping a lot of "New Champion" variant covers coming in October.
    Maybe they're trying to gauge interest in a "lost sidekicks" book.

Copying recent DC book Stargirl & the Lost Children?

Looking again at the designs, I actually think the Captain America one can easily be explained, and linked to the Champions team. A member of the Captains Network (from United States of Captain America) who is a member of GIRL (which would explain the wings, which look similar to Nadia's). The Avengers one is simple enough too, he's a kid version of White Vision, which could be a resurrected Vin, Viv's brother.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-13-2023 at 03:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Really not feeling any of those...and would much prefer existing characters who have been pushed aside get some attention that creating a bunch of new characters who will just be pushed aside as well.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Looks like if Champions does relaunch, it's without Kamala. The Classified book was finally announced, and it's not called Reborn Anew any more, it's Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant. Complete with an X uniform. She's definitely moving over to an X team, probably the New Mutants. If the Champions didn't disband after Fallen Friend, it looks like they need to elect a new leader.