Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

That was the most badass Logan scene in years. Loved it!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

^^^Indeed. Even in color, it was phenomenal (IMHO):

Awesome moment, though it kills me how Jean told two different men that she loved them .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Awesome moment, though it kills me how Jean told two different men that she loved them .
    she got a big heart
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Indeed. Even in color, it was phenomenal (IMHO):

Every Jean/Logan interaction sizzles. Every danged time.

You only love one person?

BANNED

It's quite surprising how Logan benefits of small interactions with Jean. But the saying has always been that Wolverine is better in small doses
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-30-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You only love one person?
    Well, in the context of romantically...

BANNED

Well, in the context of romantically...
    Context of romance in comics has always been more than one

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I was thinking about an in-story reason for Logan to A) go back to his yellow/blue costume around the time DP3 comes out in theaters (whenever that may be now b/c of the strike; I’m feeling like it could be delayed beyond May 2024) and B) sport long sleeves; and I came up with this: What if Forge makes it for him, and it’s a Krakoa-tech “smart suit”?

- What does that mean exactly? Well, for one thing Forge says to him, “Hey, Logan, you know how you’re always complaining about your suits getting torn to shreds on missions due to the ‘up-close and personal’ nature of your power set? Well, I made something for you… it’s a self-repairing suit. Bullet holes, sword slashes, burn marks… you name it, the suit can regrow itself. You’re welcome, buddy.”

- For another thing he adds, “Oh, and it can also change colors depending on the mission. It can go from superheroic yellow and blue to stealthy brown and tan, or even super stealthy black and gray, in seconds. Or, if you’re in the snow, white and gray even. Mission specific coloring.”

This could be very cool, and I’d say when it goes to brown/tan or black/gray, the color scheme inverts… so the yellow part becomes the darker color (brown or black) while the blue part becomes the lighter color (tan or gray). Except for the mask, which keeps the headpiece the lighter color (yellow/tan/gray) and the mask and ears darker (black typically). Boots and gloves stay darker color.

Anyway, could be a cool concept IMO.
    Going back to this idea I threw out awhile back, I found this fan art online and think it would be an ideal look for this Wolverine “Krakoa-tech” costume…

IMG_3085.jpg

From: https://rafaelloureiro.**********.com/projects/Qz5k94

… particularly the second and fourth images, as this (in my mind) would be what the suit would look like when it’s in A) superheroic X-men team mode and B) stealth Wolverine solo mode respectively.

Long sleeve versions of A) and B) modes:

IMG_7541.jpg IMG_7542.jpg
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 08-07-2023 at 08:48 AM.

When alls said and done, how do Wolverine fans feel about Percys run and take on the character, especially compared to past writers

My take, as a huge Wolverine fan going back decades, is that it’s been solid and dependable as a read. Comfort food for Logan fans, but nothing amazing, groundbreaking or even worth talking about much on these forums.

I miss the Hama days when they at least changed up the status quo some and took risks. Sometimes those changes didn’t work out so well (e.g., noseless, bandana wearing feral Wolverine), but sometimes they were gold (e.g., the early bone claws era from ~Wolverine #75-90).

Just my $.02, but I personally think Percy could’ve done so much more with “Logan as the mutant Nick Fury” (in terms of general concept) between having him run X-Force, the mutant CIA, and his solo book. Wasted opportunity IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When alls said and done, how do Wolverine fans feel about Percys run and take on the character, especially compared to past writers
    I think Percy’s run has ranged from very good to fair on the solo Wolverine book. I really need to go back a do a full re read as he obviously does long form story telling. That being said nothing really pops out immediately when I think about his run as a story that is a “must read” but to be fair those are very rare for me in general. Nothing on the solo run has been bad either though, his X-Force has been boring a few times but I wouldn’t say that about Wolverine. On the other hand the artists that he has worked with have been some of the best ever. Kubert is the definitive modern day Wolverine artist and I think Cassara will end up as one also. Bogdonivic was fantastic on the first arc and Ryp is also just killing it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Rumors we've seen before that are picking up a bit more steam...

Hugh Jackman Reportedly Met With Kevin Feige About A "Big Role" For Wolverine In AVENGERS: SECRET WARS
    https://comicbookmovie.com/avengers/...t-wars-a204975

MTTSH: Hugh Jackman will officially return for Secret Wars in a major role
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...ly_return_for/

... so this tracks, and maybe shows what a student of the comics Kevin Feige is. Because it seems to me that the Logan we've seen in the yellow suit is probably the reality 838 Logan (from Doctor Strange 2 and the same one that the Professor X in the gold hoverchair was from), but I'm betting he's not the only Logan or even the main one in Deadpool 3.

I'm betting that the main Logan is indeed from the FOX-verse and is probably taken sometime between the ending of Days of Future Past in 2023 and the events of Logan in 2029. This would effectively make him almost EXACTLY like the Old Man Logan variant we met in the 2015 Secret Wars comic event, who had a big role and ended up stranded in the 616 for awhile... until he went back to his timeline to die in a series called Dead Man Logan. Check it out.

This would all track with the rumors of A) multiple Logans in Deadpool 3, B) revisiting reality 838, C) not messing with the Logan film, as he'd have to go back to his timeline after Secret Wars to die just like the OML variant in the comics did. Very, very cool if I'm correct; and I have even more respect for Feige's brilliance if so.

Another article on this...

The Latest Wolverine Rumor Is Great News for Avengers: Secret Wars
    https://www.cbr.com/mcu-wolverine-ru...s-secret-wars/

... and I agree with the title. Having Jackman's Wolverine involved in a major capacity -- I'm thinking similar to the "refugee from an alternate timeline" variant role that OML played in the 2015 Secret Wars comic event -- is going to be huge, and will certainly have me seeing this film multiple times in the theater!

I'm glad we can expect to see more of Hugh Jackman beyond DP3. I wonder if they'll use Secret Wars to finally give Logan a happy ending with Jean the way they did with Steve and Peggy in Endgame. Logan (2017) had a lot of deleted references to Jean which indicated that she and him ended up together before she and the rest of the X-Men died.