Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

There is a huge chance that he will appear in Secret Wars. He could appear in Kang Dynasty which is likely a time travel story . But i think one Time Travel story is enough with Deadpool. We already have DOFP anyway.

Spectacular Member

Happy New Year Bubs!

Wolvie.JPG

A shame Deadpool 3 and Wolverine's solo game are still a ways to go, but this year we'll at least get a little more insight into those projects.

What do you all want for the ol' Canucklehead this year? I'm personally hoping they drop the polyamory angle for good.
    It had potential, but if writers are never going to do anything with it - except teasing it - it does nothing for Logan, it just sets him up to
    become the third wheel in the future. At least from my point of view.

Aside from Old Man Logan, the Age of Apocalypse Weapon X variant is probably my favorite alt U Logan…

… bad to the bone.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

definitely pretty curious bout the game

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Should be a good year for Logan fans, as we lead up to Hugh Jackman’s return as the character in Deadpool 3… and perhaps even beyond that…

New AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY And SECRET WARS Rumors Tease An Amazing Team-Up - Possible SPOILERS
    https://comicbookmovie.com/avengers/...oilers-a198625

… I’m assuming he’s a variant from the FOX-verse and essentially plays the role that Old Man Logan did in Secret Wars, but who knows? All I know is that we get to see Logan on the big screen again, in the MCU, and I am stoked!

2023 should be a great run up year for that, as you can bet Marvel will have some cool stuff lined up for Wolverine in preparation for this… plus it’s the 60th anniversary of the X-men too.
    I’ve seen this making the rounds on the interwebs. I hope it’s true, especially what you linked in that article. The last thing I read was the Jackman agreed to two movies which would be great!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Aside from Old Man Logan, the Age of Apocalypse Weapon X variant is probably my favorite alt U Logan…

… bad to the bone.
    Ditto!! He was so cold. Weapon X for sure

… bad to the bone.
    He's pretty cool but I prefer this version of AoA Logan. Logan ascends to Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’ve seen this making the rounds on the interwebs. I hope it’s true, especially what you linked in that article. The last thing I read was the Jackman agreed to two movies which would be great!
    I’m hoping to see the other original X-men actors show up too, but would be cool if they were different variants not even from the FOX-verse. So assuming Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine in Deadpool 3 is a variant from the FOX-verse (which it sounds like will be the case if rumors are to be believed), who is snatched at some point prior to his death in ‘Logan’ by Deadpool, using Cable’s time travel/bodyslide device to snatch him from that timeline in an effort to save him (again, if rumors are to be believed). This effectively makes him kind of an Old Man Logan variant from a universe where all the mutants are dead or going to be soon, and if he gets stuck in the 616 MCU until Secret Wars then it’s a role that is very similar to the role OML played in the 2015 Hickman Secret Wars comic event.

But what if the X-men we meet in Secret Wars are all decked out in their colorful 90s attire and are from Universe 838 where the Professor X we saw in Doctor Strange 2 was from? And they have their own Wolverine with them, also played by Jackman or possibly Dougray Scott (which would be funny since he was originally supposed to be Wolverine before dropping out for a Mission Impossible film to be the villain)?

So it would be James Marsden (Cyclops), Halle Berry (Storm), Famke Janssen (Jean), Kelsey Grammer (Beast), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Lana Condor (Jubilee), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit) and either Hugh or Dougray Scott (Wolverine); and thus we get the full blown 90s X-men Animated Series crew on the big screen? Obviously when they meet we’d see the FOXverse-Jackman and 838-Jackman kind of circle one another, which would be fun.

Just thinking out loud here, but the possibilities are endless. Then we could finally get the 90s looking team in live action (and Disney could make bank on the associated merchandise tapping into that double nostalgia kick, with both the original X-men movie cast and the Animated series combined), and when we do get the 616 MCU versions of the X-men they could use their modern costumes from the Krakoan era… so Logan in that updated brown/tan costume he’s been wearing, Cyclops in the new black and blue one, Storm in one of her newer looks, etc. Except for Jean, of course, as I would not put her in the old Marvel girl mini skirt. Instead I’d use one of her other newer costumes. But I digress…

… the point is they could go nuts in Secret Wars and have a lot of fun with the fans, sending these older versions out with a bang. Which I feel like is somewhat Feige’s plan, and then after Secret Wars comes “the Mutant Saga” and we get the 616 MCU mutant takeover.

The only downside with what I wrote above would be not seeing Logan finally don his costume in Deadpool 3… but I have a solution for that too. At some point Wade hooks Logan up with a costume. He says, “Logan… there’s something we’ve all been waiting for… here: a present from your new best friend, Wade Wilson.” And he opens a case, and inside is the black/gray X-Force costume… at which point Deadpool crosses his arms and says, “X-Force” as he looks at the camera. This would work especially well if rumors about Zazie Beetz coming back as Domino are true, as well as possibly Dafne Keene and Josh Brolin as X-23 and Cable respectively. Then you really would have a little badass X-Force crew in DP3 and that costume would work perfectly, whetting the appetite for the yellow one worn by the variant from Universe 838 in Secret Wars.

This stuff is just fun to speculate about, man. Cannot wait to see what they actually do! I know it’s going to be great.

There's also a rumor Jackman might be in Secret Wars, so maybe there will be more than one opportunity to see him in a Wolverine suit.

Yeah, alongside Tobey Maguire’s Spider-man too. I posted that rumor earlier in this thread.

So basically two older variants from rough timelines…

1741385C-C25C-455D-8F7A-9EA8B3F77719.jpg

Yeah, alongside Tobey Maguire’s Spider-man too. I posted that rumor earlier in this thread.

Would be kind of funny if this is how we finally get a live-action Spider-Man and Wolverine team-up .

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Happy New Year.

I'm really looking forward to PS5 Wolverine.
    This and X-Men '97 will be the best thing to happen to not just Wolverine, but the X-franchise as a whole in years.

I’d like to see Jackman and McGuire just roasting Holland. In good nature of course but I think it could be pretty funny.

BANNED

I found out this tweet earlier this morning.

Would be epic. Two of my favorite live action comic characters(alongside Charlie Cox)