Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Satellite era !

I thought the Black Canary Appreciation Thread was awful for being more artwork than discussion. I realize the League being temporarily "on hold" has something to with it, but this is too damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I thought the Black Canary Appreciation Thread was awful for being more artwork than discussion. I realize the League being temporarily "on hold" has something to with it, but this is too damn much.
    I hope the next JL run is good. feels like the title hasn't really been at it's highest in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the next JL run is good. feels like the title hasn't really been at it's highest in a while.
    And, being the old fogey that I am, to me the Justice League was at its best when you had line-ups like in the Satellite era: plenty of members on a rotating basis. So you'd have some of the "big seven" on a mission as well as younger / newer and/or less popular or less powerful heroes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And, being the old fogey that I am, to me the Justice League was at its best when you had line-ups like in the Satellite era: plenty of members on a rotating basis. So you'd have some of the "big seven" on a mission as well as younger / newer and/or less popular or less powerful heroes as well.
    To be honest I feel like modern writers would be hard-pressed to write that amount of characters well.

To be honest I feel like modern writers would be hard-pressed to write that amount of characters well.
    But not all of them at the same time!

Maybe seven-or-eight members in general for a mission, but rotating who's on-call / available for each mission.

Maybe seven-or-eight members in general for a mission, but rotating who's on-call / available for each mission.
    Sounds like JLU, which I know is still a go-to for what people want to see in the actual JL comic.

Astonishing Member

Sounds like JLU, which I know is still a go-to for what people want to see in the actual JL comic.
    It really astounds that DC never went for the JLU type team when it was still popular and when they even had the writer for the show writing for them

I even remember when this picture (https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/mF...00-80.jpg.webp) was unveiled to tease the Meltzer League (was it in Wizard?) and I thought it was teasing a JLU type team.

But I guess it shows the disconnect between the leadership at DC and their readership and how they continually didn't understand what readers wanted.

I like the idea. I wouldn't mind if DC approached creatives and said, "Give us your best JL story with anyone you want" so that each arc switches creatives and the lineup. There'd be some connective tissue when we see each lineup selected or something, but I wonder if that format could work. (DC seems more interested in minis and trades, so this could work with their sales paradigm)

Extraordinary Member

That was what was so much fun - you didn't know the lineup until you started reading the comic. Sure characters like Aquaman, the Atom, and Hawkgirl were underused. But when they finally showed up, it was exciting. I loved the roll call each month.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member