Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

In terms of the X-Men and Marvel’s mutants, one of the most important stories building up to HOUSE OF M is the “E for Extinction” arc, which occurred in the pages of NEW X-MEN (2001) #114-116. In that story, Cassandra Nova—the depraved twin of Charles Xavier—used the Sentinels to wipe out Genosha, a mutant nation controlled by Magneto, resulting in the deaths of approximately 16 million mutants. That genocide greatly changed mutantkind, and their dwindling numbers put them on the defensive more than ever before.

Genosha itself played a key role in HOUSE OF M and was the place to which Magneto took Scarlet Witch after “Avengers Disassembled.” On Genosha, Xavier attempted to help Maximoff, though struggled in the task due to her formidable powers. In EXCALIBUR (2004) #14, Xavier went to Doctor Strange for help and, after fighting his way through traumatic visions of his own past, determined that Maximoff and Magneto were two people driven to make their ideals a reality, which gave them a capacity for both great good and evil. Still, Xavier believed redemption was possible for both Maximoff and Magneto. That question about their redeemability informs the very question at the heart of HOUSE OF M and the reaction to it sets the event in motion.
    Lead in article on Marvel.com about the prelude.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-21-2023 at 08:45 PM.

I get that house of m sales, i honestly do. But i don't get the logic of pimping this era like at all other than to, during morrison era to show x-men at their worse or during house of m to show wanda at hers. I mean i get people talking about it on like youtube or a podcast but to put it on marvel.com just seems like a very weird brand strategy to me when you have a current book that is supposedly selling well and the character is now shown in a more heroic light after apparently the "market" claiming she couldn't move beyond this moment.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-21-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

art by Pepe Larraz source Instagram Pepe Larraz

better

The new villain of Scarlet Witch #7 designed by Sara Pitcheli
    She is Nicola Zosimos.

Source Original https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ariant=9236902

By Mark Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I get that house of m sales, i honestly do. But i don't get the logic of pimping this era like at all other than to, during morrison era to show x-men at their worse or during house of m to show wanda at hers. I mean i get people talking about it on like youtube or a podcast but to put it on marvel.com just seems like a very weird brand strategy to me when you have a current book that is supposedly selling well and the character is now shown in a more heroic light after apparently the "market" claiming she couldn't move beyond this moment.
    During WandaVision's airing ordinary people watched the TV show and then went looking for more about Wanda to learn about her and House of M managed to be the bridge connecting those viewers to the comics. It is one of the very few comic series that has ever proved to be an effective bridge for TV/film viewers and the comics.

Anyway art.

Link

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-02-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Elizabeth Olsen wins MTV's best villain award

Anyway. X-Men 97 is probably delayed until 2024. Not that the issue matters much to this thread. There isn't alot of good to be had from the set up for any member of the family besides Magneto who gets to be a conflicted Xavier stand in.

It’s especially bad for Lorna given it’s triggered a wave of 80s nostalgia comic tie in comics and series. Both the 80s and 90s were garbage eras in different ways for Lorna. In one era she was a Jean lite love interest character and the other she was a plot device.

The Magnus family outside the comics benefits as was the case in X-Men Evo or WATXM when they are a faction on the other side of the train tracks from the X-Men who can both fight and work together at times with them. There isn't the bandwidth for them to exist in any other capacity other than as very rare guest star appearances.

In other news Scarlet Witch jumps back into the top 10 of comics further firmly establishing Wanda as one of the most popular current characters in all of fiction.

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-08-2023 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ooooh love this
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen wins MTV's best villain award

Anyway. X-Men 97 is probably delayed until 2024. Not that the issue matters much to this thread. There isn't alot of good to be had from the set up for any member of the family besides Magneto who gets to be a conflicted Xavier stand in.

It’s especially bad for Lorna given it’s triggered a wave of 80s nostalgia comic tie in comics and series. Both the 80s and 90s were garbage eras in different ways for Lorna. In one era she was a Jean lite love interest character and the other she was a plot device.

The Magnus family outside the comics benefits as was the case in X-Men Evo or WATXM when they are a faction on the other side of the train tracks from the X-Men who can both fight and work together at times with them. There isn't the bandwidth for them to exist in any other capacity other than as very rare guest star appearances.

In other news Scarlet Witch jumps back into the top 10 of comics further firmly establishing Wanda as one of the most popular current characters in all of fiction.

Link
    Scarlet Witch outsold all but one X-title.

Happy Mother’s Day

Last edited by jmc247; 05-23-2023 at 11:56 AM.

X-Men 97 updates