Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default House of M Appreciation 2023

Ringing in the New Year!

Magneto is dead!? Yet again.

It isn't the first time and his kids have so far been divorced from this story, but it brings back some memories.

What will his death mean for his legacy? Time will tell.

In a week the House of M omnibus will be released digitally engraved. Scarlet Witch #1 by Steve Orlando will also be released.

Previous HoM threads

What about the other Magneto from the Age of X-Man story!?
    Which one is/was the true Magneto!?

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Would be great if we could actually get an answer on what that ending was about but sadly, just like every time we revisit the AoA, I can’t imagine that if we do, it’ll be very satisfying.

Happy New Year to a Mutant Royal Family .

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Both are the real Magneto, or at least the Magneto who was sent to Age of X-man dimension, it´s just that he wanted to stay and help Nate create a new fairer world so he was bassically divided in two, one went back to the main marvel universe and the other stayed with X-man. So he´s Magneto in all the ways that count but if he comes back he will not be the Magneto who helped built Krakoa, the one who died to protect the Earth and Arrakko. Jordan White mentioned they had plans for Magneto from X-man world but I don´t think he will become the new Magnus for the main X-line, he will be more like Age of Apocalypse Magneto, a Magneto who belongs to other world.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

By Bronx Collections LLC

I picked up a number of old Young Avengers issues and I had forgotten Wiccan and Speed went to Genosha.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who played Quicksilver in the MCU, is reportedly in talks to be playing James Bond.

All Scarlet Witch cut scenes for game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to a Mutant Royal Family .
    Wolverine and the X-Men as a series managed to get how they became successful and extremely popular around the world as a family in a way I don't think anything family related lately has.

They dealt with real world problems and family squabbles that were relatable to people while being set apart on Genosha from the protagonists. The family that is on the fringe of being a part of Xavier's world, but isn't a part of it. Making Magneto and Lorna too much part of the Xavier crowd basically left writers trying to force internal conflict rather then it flowing through the story naturally.

There being a certain amount of uncertainty if the protagonists will want to work with them or kill them frankly was a successful theme.

The Krakoan House of M habitat failed as a successful concept because ultimately it was too connected to what Xavier and almost every other mutant was doing. Asteroid M and much moreso Genosha were successful because they set them apart from the center.

While many fans, especially many Wanda fans after her years of post M-Day ostracism want them to be loved by all that isn't where real success is had.

HoM
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-04-2023 at 09:19 AM.

BANNED

While I haven't read it yet myself, or Capt. Marvel #45 w/Polaris, for that matter -- waitin' 'til later...
    Scarlet Witch #1 seems to be garnering good reviews & being received well:

THE SCARLET WITCH RETURNS!
    There is a door that appears only to those who need it most, who have no one else in the world to turn to. On the other side of this door is the witchcraft shop. Friend or foe, human or otherwise-if your need is great and your hope is gone, there you will meet the SCARLET WITCH!Wanda Maximoff is familiar with hitting rock bottom-and now that she's finally found peace, she's pledged all her power to help others who are languishing at their lowest. But when a woman falls through Wanda's door with a terrifying story of a town gone mad, the Scarlet Witch will have to muster her wits and chaos magic to deal with an insidious threat! Comic powerhouses Steve Orlando (MARAUDERS; Midnighter) and Sara Pichelli (ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN; SPIDER-MEN) join forces to open a groundbreaking new chapter in the Scarlet Witch's history!
    Rated T+

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/1
    9.0 The Comicbook Dispatch - tcreadscomics
    Jan 4, 2023

SCARLET WITCH #1 is a promising first issue. Its light on character development, but that isnt a huge drawback. There are enough character moments to drive curiosity in future issues, and it avoids continuity messiness that is as likely to turn readers off as it is to engage them. What really drives the series potential is the concept of the Last Door. Making it untethered from specific corners of the Marvel universe (magic, mutants, cosmic, etc.) keeps storytelling possibilities remain wide open. The series only real limit is how imaginative Orlando can be when it comes to the characters stepping through that door. Read Full Review
    8.8 Monkeys Fighting Robots - Matthew Sardo
    Jan 4, 2023

SCARLET WITCH #1 Is A Fresh Start With Tons Of Mystery

Don't miss out on SCARLET WITCH #1, there is something special brewing in this book. Read Full Review
    8.5 AIPT - David Brooke
    Jan 4, 2023

'Scarlet Witch' #1 captures Wanda's humanity perfectly

‘Scarlet Witch’ #1 launches a new ongoing series and a magical Emporium for Wanda!

Scarlet Witch is a good comic that approaches its characters with care and respect. Every scene has a deeply human aspect as we peer into a magical adventure of people doing their best and unpacking incredible mysteries. Scarlet Witch is memorable due to its heartfelt characters and fantastic magical abilities on display. Read Full Review
    8.4 Comic Watch - B. Radtz
    Jan 4, 2023

SCARLET WITCH#1: Abra, Abracadabra. I’m Gonna Reach Out And Grab Ya

Steve Orlando and Sara Pichelli kick off the Scarlet Witchs new book, and its beautiful. Sara out does herself here, giving Wanda and her world this old world flair, something youd see in a movie, like the Never-ending Story, or Harry Potters Diagon Alley, while Matthew Wilsons colors pop. I especially like that he renders Wanda and Pietro with a darker hue, paying tribute to their Romani heritage. While the storys villains are rather unremarkable, Orlandos new role for Wanda in the Marvel Universe could create a rather unique niche that weve never had before. Read Full Review
    8.0 Comic Book Revolution - Kevin Lainez
    Jan 4, 2023

SCARLET WITCH #1 REVIEW – “GRAND OPENING OF THE EMPORIUM

Steve Orlando and Sara Pichelli hit all the notes that fans want to get from a first issue of a new series. We get the new status quo for Wanda Maximoff established, Scarlet Witch being a superhero, and a hook ending for an even bigger story for the next issue to pick up on. That is all an strong first impression by Scarlet Witch #1 that will leave fans wanting to read more. Read Full Review
    8.5 average
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-04-2023 at 10:33 AM.

BANNED

The House of Mutants appears to be eating well:
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b.../marvel-comics

I've only read Cap'n M #45 -- very quickly -- so far, but the good buzz has me more...
    eXcited for Wanda's solo, than anything outside of Dark 🕸️ @the moment.

Happy New Year to the best found family in mutantdom! In related news: that Scarlet Witch book that came out yesterday was great!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to the best found family in mutantdom! In related news: that Scarlet Witch book that came out yesterday was great!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And IT WAS!!

My QUICK THOUGHTS:
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Unlike Pietro, I'm not afraid to admit that I was...

VERY IMPRESSED❗❗

It felt FRESH & UNIQUE, with the BEST & MOST FAITHFUL VERSIONS of these characters that I've seen, in recent memory. LOVED the new setup & status quo for Wanda! The writing, the art, EVERYTHING, was TOP-SHELF Marvel!

In a hurry, but having only read the comments on this last pg. so far...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I consider it an x-book. Wanda is still magneto daughter biological or not she said so and he said so. Also issue one had Pietro who is mainly an x-character to me and then issue 2 has a backup with storm and issue three has Polaris not to mention Wanda created the waiting room. So far this is far more x-book than avenger book and definitely more x-book than captain marvel which is just having a crossover but her spoilers are here.
    THANK YOU for saying this, and to those who echoed similar sentiments.

May I add, more than half her animated appearances have been in the X-Men's 'toons:

w/the 2 MOST (in)FAMOUS,
    shown here in the middle!!

Will likely be back ASAP to gush some more, and highlight my favorite bits, as THIS EASILY...
    joins DARK 🕸️ & the 🔥🔱HELLFIRE Gala🔱🔥 in having FED this fan...
    the most ENJOYABLE NOURISHMENT 2 FEAST UPON, over the past yr or so❗❗

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    While I haven't read it yet myself, or Capt. Marvel #45 w/Polaris, for that matter -- waitin' 'til later...
    Scarlet Witch #1 seems to be garnering good reviews & being received well:

THE SCARLET WITCH RETURNS!
    There is a door that appears only to those who need it most, who have no one else in the world to turn to. On the other side of this door is the witchcraft shop. Friend or foe, human or otherwise-if your need is great and your hope is gone, there you will meet the SCARLET WITCH!Wanda Maximoff is familiar with hitting rock bottom-and now that she's finally found peace, she's pledged all her power to help others who are languishing at their lowest. But when a woman falls through Wanda's door with a terrifying story of a town gone mad, the Scarlet Witch will have to muster her wits and chaos magic to deal with an insidious threat! Comic powerhouses Steve Orlando (MARAUDERS; Midnighter) and Sara Pichelli (ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN; SPIDER-MEN) join forces to open a groundbreaking new chapter in the Scarlet Witch's history!
    Rated T+

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/1

8.5 average
    Thank You So Much for these Reviews and the work you put in to bring them to us PolarIceFire, It is truly Heartwarming and Amazing!

I will likely later on want to share these on Wanda Marvel Thread to give the good news of them but I will Make sure they know you have the full credit for these, they are just that good, Thank You!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm so keen for issue #2, can't arrive quick enough.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.