Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thank You So Much for these Reviews and the work you put in to bring them to us PolarIceFire, It is truly Heartwarming and Amazing!

I will likely later on want to share these on Wanda Marvel Thread to give the good news of them but I will Make sure they know you have the full credit for these, they are just that good, Thank You!
    You are most welcome, CJStriker, it was my pleasure. And thank you, for the kind words of appreciation, you're always so pleasant.

Here's an update with all the new ones:
    https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/1
    10.0 ComicBook.com - Jenna Anderson
    Jan 4, 2023

Scarlet Witch #1 Review: The Stellar Showcase Wanda Maximoff Deserves

It's an understatement to say that Wanda has a legacy on the page, screen, and otherwise, like no other, and Scarlet Witch #1 is an excellent addition to that. Read Full Review
    9.6 You Don't Read Comics - Russ Bickerstaff
    Jan 5, 2023

The Last Door is such a simple idea that it almost seems like its TOO easy. What could be simpler than Wanda and Darcy and the door? New adventures will pop through the door every couple of months or so. Its nice and tidy. No need for any greater complexity. Themes can spin out in 1-2 issue arcs. Lots of different things can be explored. It all feels so well-defined right from the first issue. The challenge is going to lie in keeping the form from overwhelming the emotional center of the series. Read Full Review
    9.0 Major Spoilers - Matthew Peterson
    Jan 7, 2023

A refreshing new start for Wanda, with a lot of elements familiar from her recent TV outing, with evocative art and well-done dialogue throughout. Read Full Review
    9.0 The Super Powered Fancast - Deron Generally
    Jan 4, 2023

The Rundown: Wanda Maximoff begins a new mission while facing her own past.

Pichelli delivers some beautiful art in the first issue. The characters are dynamic and the world of the story is beautifully detailed and visually dynamic. Read Full Review
    8.0 Henchmen-4-Hire - Sean Ian Mills
    Jan 7, 2023

Comic Book of the Week goes to Scarlet Witch #1 for a really fun, really solid first issue to her new solo series. It’s always nice when a new series puts their best foot forward.

This first issue does everything right and it does everything well to set up a new status quo for Wanda and show us a comic worth reading. Consider me on board to check this series out going forward. Read Full Review
    7.5 Geek'd Out - Nico Sprezzatura
    Jan 4, 2023

Scarlet Witch #1 also boasts the superstar art team of Sara Pichelli and Matthew Wilson, which really makes for some stellar visuals. The Emporium shop feels lived in and cozy, while the various acts of magic come across as appropriately otherworldly. When dealing with magical subject matter, the limit truly doesn't exist, and I hope they get even weirder and weirder with it as the series progresses. (Another point of appreciation: Wanda and her brother Pietro are both depicted with deeper skin tones befitting their traveler heritage, which is often overlooked by color artists in their various other appearances. Details!) Read Full Review
    8.7 average

If ya haven't already, I'd be happy to transfer both this & the previous post over to Wanda's thread for you, just say the word - and CONGRATULATIONS! It was eXcellent & I'm enthusiastically in for what will hopefully be, the LONG HAUL!! This book has a WHOLE LOT of POTENTIAL & is now an ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!!

Right now, I’m expecting Scarlet Witch #3 to be a repeat of All-New X-Factor #14: tons of potential for a good story between Lorna and Wanda that gets wasted on random hijinks that provide nothing of substance.

I expect this not because of Orlando, but because Orlando still writes Marauders, and so would want to stay on the good side of Jordan White. White was editor on ANXF #14 too (his last issue as editor before the book was cancelled and someone else took over as editor).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Right now, I’m expecting Scarlet Witch #3 to be a repeat of All-New X-Factor #14: tons of potential for a good story between Lorna and Wanda that gets wasted on random hijinks that provide nothing of substance.

I expect this not because of Orlando, but because Orlando still writes Marauders, and so would want to stay on the good side of Jordan White. White was editor on ANXF #14 too (his last issue as editor before the book was cancelled and someone else took over as editor).
    The thing that will matter is what they are investigating which sounds like something they will string things out for a little while, perhaps a lot longer than a little while. The hijinks in sub-atomica sounds like the fluff. Though not all fluff is made equal.

BANNED

Oh, salarta, watta we gonna do w/you... you li'l ray of sunshine, you?

I think you might just have too much salt in your diet & should maybe consider cuttin' back. Hypertension is the silent killer, y'know.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I hope you're wrong. We'll find out in just 2 months & have another issue to tide us over 'til then, in between. I'm pretty optimistic after the opener we just got.

As for ANXF #14, not gonna say it was bad, 'cause I found things to like about it. But will agree that it was perhaps... different, from what I was eXpectin' and/or hopin' for.

Also, it doesn't hurt to remember that was then & this is now, we're in a different place & time regarding rights of legal ownership for all the characters involved. Mags & Lorna for the 1st time since acquiring FoX, and the twins fully from the same deal, plus all their other, associated family members. Seems reasonable enough to believe being totally invested @this point... might change things, as in their approach. I'm just sayin', try thinkin' positive for a change. All that negativity you embody so often can't be healthy, and I SMH w/worry... for your well-being.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-07-2023 at 02:23 PM.

BANNED

Another X-over post, from: Scarlet Witch #1 Review/Spoilers: The Scarlet Witch Returns!, @X-Community.CBR.com

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm a little out of it on theraflu right now but the door is just very intriguing to me. Like it would be cool of on the full moon or once a month someone in the waiting room were able to find out on a particular day of the month this door becomes available and usually mutants who use it end up resurrected. lol. I don't know it could be a nice introduction and exploration of it if once and awhile some of the souls wanda saved made their case for being pushed up into the resurrection queue and also add an element of sometimes the dead can speak for themselves.
    Oh, that suX, I...
    hope ya feel better soon. I LOVE this idea of connecting...

to that transcendent, Krakoan safe space she CREATED...

for all those dearly departed mutants.

AND your story beat about some souls residing there being more eager to return than others, for reasons they're ready to plead & prove. That desire to truly LIVE again is a nice twist on The Crucible's OG intentions, too, in a way. There's a nice flavor of incorporate redemption for Wanda that's entirely additive, as well. The soft supernaturalness of it works wonderfully also, providing that slight, ever-present eeriness you'd want & eXpect from a Scarlet Witch book. Besides, you're right, beyond all that the 'W Rm.' does need to be eXplored & developed A LOT more... so we can FINALLY LEARN what in the hell it even really is! YEAH, your idea(s) definitely sound as good or better, than any I've seen so far.

https://www.tiktok.com/@sharonsromanoff/video/7117160232601636123?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7117 160232601636123
    you’re just as much his daughter as i am.” #wandamaximoff #lornadane #polaris #scarletwitch #marvel #marvelcomics #gratielabrancusi #victoriapedretti
    original sound - yesha

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The thing that will matter is what they are investigating which sounds like something they will string things out for a little while, perhaps a lot longer than a little while. The hijinks in sub-atomica sounds like the fluff. Though not all fluff is made equal.

Part of it, too, is if the thing they're supposed to be investigating will actually have Lorna involved in it, or if it ends up just being Lorna spending like a panel or a page bringing it up to Wanda and then having nothing else to do with it.

Oh, salarta, watta we gonna do w/you... you li'l ray of sunshine, you?

I think you might just have too much salt in your diet & should maybe consider cuttin' back. Hypertension is the silent killer, y'know.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I hope you're wrong. We'll find out in just 2 months & have another issue to tide us over 'til then, in between. I'm pretty optimistic after the opener we just got.

As for ANXF #14, not gonna say it was bad, 'cause I found things to like about it. But will agree that it was perhaps... different, from what I was eXpectin' and/or hopin' for.

Also, it doesn't hurt to remember that was then & this is now, we're in a different place & time regarding rights of legal ownership for all the characters involved. Mags & Lorna for the 1st time since acquiring FoX, and the twins fully from the same deal, plus all their other, associated family members. Seems reasonable enough to believe being totally invested @this point... might change things, as in their approach. I'm just sayin', try thinkin' positive for a change. All that negativity you embody so often can't be healthy, and I SMH w/worry... for your well-being.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Amazon sales rank of all Marvel books.

Two days the HoM omnibus drops. We will see how that does in terms of sales though overall the series remains extremely resilient.

Meanwhile the first issue of the Scarlet Witch ongoing has been doing respectably on Kindle managing a top 20 spot when I looked last night. They also have a sale up today for Scarlet Witch trades on Comixology.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-09-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Amazon sales rank of all Marvel books.

Two days the HoM omnibus drops. We will see how that does in terms of sales though overall the series remains extremely resilient.

Meanwhile the first issue of the Scarlet Witch ongoing has been doing respectably on Kindle managing a top 20 spot when I looked last night. They also have a sale up today for Scarlet Witch trades on Comixology.
    Courtesy of CJStriker

"This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

This sales data that's recently been posted sure is encouraging.

Mindfulness... watta coincidence. Hold that thought.

Also...
    For the record:
    X-Men Election Results | New Team Member Revealed!, @GreatXmenTations
    Marvel revealed the result of the X-Men election via shot-form comic strips, and the Mistress of Magnetism Polaris will be (re)joining the X-Ranks!...

Odds were heavily favored toward Polaris winning, and lo, the final results didn’t disappoint. ...

Setting aside comics, merch, & even games, the following had...
    these appearances
    in animation and/or live action to their favor:

1. Polaris - 'The Gifted', WatXM, & TAS
    2. Banshee - 'First Class' & TAS
    3. Sunspot - 'New Mutants' & Evo
    4. Forge - TAS & Evo
    5. Armor - Anime
    6. Boom-Boom - Evo & WatXM
    7. Tempo
    8. Marrow - WatXM
    9. Cannonball - 'New Mutants', Evo, & TAS
    10. Strong Guy - TAS

Arguably, some not so unequal footing can be seen, I think. Also, JDW mistakenly stated at least once -- maybe twice -- that Polaris was the character who had the earliest debut, which isn't true. That honor would go to her runner-up, Banshee. *Of note,* I'm *not sure if* these were the *final results.*

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/1481385848461484034
    Dispatch from Krakoa, the latest on the #XMenVote!
    Only one day left to cast your ballot...

1. Firestar - SMaHAF & WatXM
    2. Armor - Anime
    3. Penance
    4. Surge
    5. Gentle
    6. Gorgon
    7. Siryn - 'X2: United'
    8. Avalanche - Evo & TAS
    9. Bling!
    10. Micromax

*No comments.* ...
    And REFERENCE, in descending, chronological order, of their 1st appearances:

• Banshee - Jan. 1967, X-Men #28
    • Polaris - Oct. 1968, X-Men #49
    • Cannonball - Nov. 1982, Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants
    • Sunspot - Nov. 1982, Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants
    • Forge - Aug. 1984, The Uncanny X-Men #184
    • Strong Guy - Jul. 1985, The New Mutants #29
    • Boom-Boom - Nov. 1985, Secret Wars II #5
    • Tempo - Feb. 1990, New Mutants #86
    • Marrow - Sept. 1994, Cable #15
    • Armor - Oct. 2004, Astonishing X-Men (vol. 3) #4

Just in case... it's ever needed, or *wanted.*

Cross-post

A little bit of atypical Magnus family fandom!

This wallet art was made by Arte_perenquen, and clearly based off this Lorna and Wanda fanart I commissioned from soap-committee!

I had commissioned that fanart shortly before All-New X-Factor #14, because I had been annoyed that Marvel wasn't promoting the issue at all. Though in retrospect I'm sure the editor of ANXF at that time (until he abandoned the book post-#14 after having killed it) played no small part in that. The decision for the fanart here using the Serval costume was purely to help draw more attention to ANXF #14, otherwise I would've just gone with Lorna's iconic look all the way.

Thanks to jmc for drawing my attention to it!

Scarlet Witch #1 second printing cover. I do have to say that is a brilliant rendition of Wanda's history in the background there and one of the strengths of Orlando so far is that he is willing to use it and not shy away from it.

It's been a disaster for Lorna's story that runs haven't done the same for her. Each run wants to own her story lock stock and barrel instead of building on what came before, and the end result is ruinous. Lorna's story does need to be reordered fully at this point and Captain Marvel nor Scarlet Witch is the place for it. I sense publishing wants to use her as a shipper character again. I am wholly against that if that is her core to her story while they ignore the big things that should matter for her like the Genosha in the room.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-11-2023 at 09:01 AM.

BANNED

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6312912
    Get ready for a magical new series and the return of Marvel's favorite sorceress in SCARLET WITCH #1 by acclaimed writer STEVE ORLANDO!

The SCARLET WITCH gets a fresh start this week with a new costume, new friends, and an epic new mission! Wanda's making her comeback and is using her powers to heal the wounded with witchcraft alongside her siblings Quicksilver & Polaris! With a sweet new costume design by Russel Dauterman taking inspiration from some of her best outfits of past to forge her new future!

And we're so psyched that one of our favorite Marvel writers STEVE ORLANDO is delivering this one that we've put together a magical SIGNING in celebration! Join us at Third Eye ANNAPOLIS on 1/7/23 to get some sweet signed comics!...
    Orlando signing Annapolis MD.
    Hangin' all my HoM HOPEs on THIS!! 🤞🙏

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Courtesy of CJStriker

My copy of the omnibus arrived. Amazon shows the omnibus is selling in the top ten for Marvel books which is pretty good for something north of 100$.

I will have a review soon, but first I have to say it included side issues I had forgotten about.

Also, the quality of the print was quite good.