Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Review the House of M Omnibus.

Marvel has pumped out hundreds of editions of House of M trades globally. How does the omnibus stack up?

Few trades in the past promote the idea of the House of M as a family story. Some promote it as a Wanda story others Wolverine and his amazing friend's tale. This was not such an edition as the cover implies. The scarlet red tinge on the binding engraving was a very nice touch.

My thoughts on reading the edition. It reminded me of how well the family works as ultimately well meaning, but apt to screw up out of love and all the best intentions. The drama in the story is strong and the story still crisp. There is a level of misunderstood family on the other side of the train tracks to them in the tale that very much works.

The omnibus includes the pen and ink and pencil versions of many of the best scenes of the series with amazing vistas such as this of the ruins of Genosha.

The omnibus not only includes the trades that occurred during the series, but some of them that dealt with the fallout of the series. Of the main drawbacks to the omni is that it did not include Christos Gage's backup House of M trades. Civil War House of M in particular was very helpful in tying together the history of the House of M universe, but it was not included.

Was the omnibus worth buying? Yes.

What did Hawkeye see in the Scarlet Witch's closet? Avengers Diasemblea
    Nick Perks
    https://www.cbr.com/line-it-is-drawn...ero-mysteries/

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What did Hawkeye see in the Scarlet Witch's closet? Avengers Diasemblea
    Nick Perks
    https://www.cbr.com/line-it-is-drawn...ero-mysteries/

Tired of that. Because it never matched up to canon. Wanda had already remembered her sons. So there was no reason for Wanda to have been mad at Agatha. AD needs to finally go away with it's hack nonsense.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Review the House of M Omnibus. others Wolverine and his amazing friend's tale.
    It is basically that, because Wanda has no more presence than wallpaper in the story. I hope now that they are finally over that phase of Marvel they do better with Wanda's found family.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It is basically that, because Wanda has no more presence than wallpaper in the story. I hope now that they are finally over that phase of Marvel they do better with Wanda's found family.
    In the main House of M title, the entire core family were at best plot devices. The most developed character in the core eight issues was Pietro who happened to be the surprise antagonist of the story.

In terms of the omnibus, it includes side trades during and after the main series. The only halfway decent family story trades included were of Pietro and Magneto with the Black Panther story and of Pietro, Magneto, and Lorna fighting Doom and his family.

The omnibus is missing three trades it really should not be missing that being Avengers House of M and Civil War House of M. These were the trades that really showed the development of the universe and where the family were more than plot devices.

It also should have included Son of M given the trade decided to deal with fallout of House of M stories. That was better in terms of character development then anything Pietro had in the core title.

What the series still works best for is a very basic introduction to the family to new readers. A lead into stories with much more development. Obviously, it became the starting point story for millions of people done watching WandaVision to find out about the comic version and led into other stories.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In the main House of M title, the entire core family were at best plot devices. The most developed character in the core eight issues was Pietro who happened to be the surprise antagonist of the story.

In terms of the omnibus, it includes side trades during and after the main series. The only halfway decent family story trades included were of Pietro and Magneto with the Black Panther story and of Pietro, Magneto, and Lorna fighting Doom and his family.

The omnibus is missing three trades it really should not be missing that being Avengers House of M and Civil War House of M. These were the trades that really showed the development of the universe and where the family were more than plot devices.

It also should have included Son of M given the trade decided to deal with fallout of House of M stories. That was better in terms of character development then anything Pietro had in the core title.

What the series still works best for is a very basic introduction to the family to new readers. A lead into stories with much more development. Obviously, it became the starting point story for millions of people done watching WandaVision to find out about the comic version and led into other stories.
    Yeah it should have included that for sure. It's sad that it is the intro, since it was just an event to push everything else outside of that dynamic.

Maybe they'll include the other stuff in future collections. It's kind of weird how they do collect things. I see manga and it's this huge thing with everything in it. And Marvel collections are bits and pieces.

But even given the extra stuff, Wanda herself is just a presence. I'm hoping now that they realize they stripped her of agency in a lot of things that what they are doing now is more positive and well developed.

Since you are the experts here. Can someone tell me where this is from?

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

Secret War House of M 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That is House of M Secret Wars under the House of M Warzones trade title. Doom's reality warp in Secret Wars impacts the House of M universe. It was a fun miniseries.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-15-2023 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah it should have included that for sure. It's sad that it is the intro, since it was just an event to push everything else outside of that dynamic.

Maybe they'll include the other stuff in future collections. It's kind of weird how they do collect things. I see manga and it's this huge thing with everything in it. And Marvel collections are bits and pieces.

But even given the extra stuff, Wanda herself is just a presence. I'm hoping now that they realize they stripped her of agency in a lot of things that what they are doing now is more positive and well developed.
    The omnibus was also missing some of the lead in issues to House of M like those in Excalibur which helped provide the background. This mini should have been there as well.

Also Austen said in a podcast a month back when he wrote Wanda in Uncanny X-Men #442/443 he had no idea what would happen with her in the Avengers later.