Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The House of M sales shows how people are interested on her and the House of Mags.

Do it Marvel undo the old retcon make these 6 share blood again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    The House of M sales shows how people are interested on her and the House of Mags.

Ooooh I though I was the only one still hoping against hope, I’m with you 100% DarkMagnus
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Didn't House of M gain an increased attention by a wider audience thanks to Wanda Vision having been compared to it (thanks to the similar theme of "Wanda goes crazy over grief and creates a fake reality")?

Obviously it was allready one of the more famous crossover events of the mid 2000's, so it's not like that was the only reason for it doing so well, but it might have been an extra factor in making "outsiders" interested in it.

As for undoing the retcon. Considering how it was obviously done over the movie rights (which turned out pointless in the long run for added irony) and not because of any beneficial reason for the comics and the stories told within it, it would be better undone.
    Though one factor which might stand in the way of it, could be an unwillingness in the editorial office to admit (directly or indirectly) that it was a mistake and done because of the above mentioned petty reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Didn't House of M gain an increased attention by a wider audience thanks to Wanda Vision having been compared to it (thanks to the similar theme of "Wanda goes crazy over grief and creates a fake reality")?

Obviously it was allready one of the more famous crossover events of the mid 2000's, so it's not like that was the only reason for it doing so well, but it might have been an extra factor in making "outsiders" interested in it.

As for undoing the retcon. Considering how it was obviously done over the movie rights (which turned out pointless in the long run for added irony) and not because of any beneficial reason for the comics and the stories told within it, it would be better undone.
    Though one factor which might stand in the way of it, could be an unwillingness in the editorial office to admit (directly or indirectly) that it was a mistake and done because of the above mentioned petty reasons.
    House of M was a very popular crossover before WandaVision, but that popularity was mostly confined to genre fans unlike a select few story arcs (Civil War, Infinity Saga, etc.) after they had been given big budget movies. After WandaVision its status grew into the household name

What WandaVision did was act similar to a big budget movie in promoting viewers to go out and read a comic story arc, but the influence was greatly magnified for various reasons including people being locked in their houses when it came out. Because the series played out for weeks and there was an air of mystery to it the boost was magnified as well.

A smaller and shorter version of it happened last year after Doctor Strange #2. Almost all of this was done by ordinary people talking amongst themselves with little influence on high from Marvel which decided at some point during the Fox/Marvel tiff that anything HoM/Magnus family related should be deep sixed and the family itself should be retconned.

My sense of what is happening is that Marvel is looking at ways of tapping that reservoir of fan support for dollars and the Wanda ongoing is one of the ways they have gone about it at this point.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-15-2023 at 05:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Steve Orlando is hinting at using the Inhumans soon. So the guess is going from a guest starring role in an arc by Luna Maximoff for the Scarlet Witch book to them getting a full new series. If it is the latter I bet there will be a Darkhold continuation crossover with those 2 books (at least, could have a couple issue for each of the members books) seeing where it would go from there.

BANNED

Russell Dauterman will be doing the interior art for Scarlet #5! Witch is a pretty big deal & HUGE vote of confidence, for the character, the series, and everybody involved, I think.

Adding to the potential of Orlando's Inhumans hints above, from Wanda's thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    ... Steve's Q+A...

At some point in the solo you intend to explore Wanda's maternal family like her uncle/adoptive father Django, her mother Natalya (both in a flashback) or Marya (who is still alive) like you has done with Pietro and Lorna?
    With enough time of course, anything is possible. But like Wanda, we're definitely looking ahead in the immediate future

Polaris will be in Scarlet Witch for how many issues? Polaris will be in Marauders for how many issues?
    These are guest appearances! They're generally 1-2 issues :-)

Will Wanda's story in Avengers and SW stay separate or will we get some nods to events? 8)
    Nod is the right word - team books and solos definitely want to fit in, but also stories happen over different timeframes, so it's just about making sure it all counts and matters...

will there be any more magic-related villains in later issues of #ScarletWitch
    Hmm - we're definitely trying not to typecast Wanda. But we DO have an iconic magic villain early summer as well as a deep cut weirdo. After that, well, we do have some space magic...

Steve in the future, if the solo continues to perform the same, can we see the mysteries of Wanda's life gaining an answer? Like who is her biological father who killed her mother Natalya Maximoff
    If the series runs long enough, anything is possible! But deep deep lore things like this tend to be a barrier for new readers, so we want to make sure Wanda remains the star of the book. ...

Where did the idea for the Last Door come from? Are there plans for any more of Wanda’s family members to stop by?
    Last Door came from conversations between me and the extremely talented @AlannaWrites and Kaitlyn Lindtvedt - and I DO think we'll see some surprising family members in future issues :-)

Scarlet Witch Comic is ongoing?
    We're as ongoing as anything :-). Absolutely depends on monthly single issue sales - digital and TPBs are great but come too late to help a series stay alive...

Will Wiccan and Speed be appearing soon? You’ve said prior that you’ll be exploring Wanda’s relationship with their biological parents and I’m super keen for that
    Hopefully! But I almost definitely said I'd explore that if we had enough time :-). I DO think it's an interesting angle for sure, but we need the series to run long enough to get into that

I like that you talk a lot about Wanda's family, have you thought about delving more into the Maximoffs if we have time for that? The aunt who raised her as a mother is alive and would love a reunion between them and more Pietro!
    If we have a longrunning series, this would be fun to explore! I've generally spoken about the power of Wanda's chosen family, which will continue to appear - and if the series goes long enough, it's possible we could delve into other biological family aspects

How close is the current iteration of Scarlet Witch to your original pitch?
    Very similar!...

in this 3# issue will we see any mystics? if sales continue to be good, can we have wicanno wanda's son?
    Hmm Issue 3 features Sub-Atomica but it is also a Sword and Sorcery story, so that might fit as "mystic." And yes - if sales are strong enough, it would be fun to see Wiccan...
    And from Lorna's:
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    https://twitter.com/BettyBettyBooo/s...09728296321024
    Let me make it closer. What do u think?

Also, re. Polaris & GENOSHA: Marauders #12 First Look Reunites Kate with Her Late Father - Textless Preview, @CBRcommunity.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 02-18-2023 at 09:03 AM.

Disney+ X-Men Producer Teases Scarlet Witch Role In New Show

X-Men '97 producer Beau DeMayo's latest tease could strengthen the possibility that the Scarlet Witch will eventually appear in Disney+'s revival. This isn't surprising since Wanda Maximoff plays a vital part as a member of the X-Men in the comics.

DeMayo eased the worry of one fan after he mentioned that he would not care about the show if Magneto's kids were not mutants, considering that Wanda and Pietro Maximoff are not yet confirmed to be as such in the MCU: "Wanda [was] established as [a mutant] in 'Family Ties' of X-Men: TAS so don't worry there..."

https://thedirect.com/article/x-men-...let-witch-role

The Brood arc box sets are out. It seems that arc will still be going on all the way into May and perhaps beyond going by the solicits for Captain Marvel 49.

I was asked not long ago if Lorna fans should pick up the Wanda ongoing. My response is that is an individual call. But, unlike the last Wanda ongoing which existed to promote the Axis retcon this one is continuing the process which will play out probably for a half decade of slowly dissolving it. If one wants to support the series buying floppies is better than buying digital as the writer makes clear.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-21-2023 at 08:55 PM.

BANNED

Since we're now
    LESS THAN

WKS AWAY

and AFTER
    TOMORROW

IT'S NEXT
    WEDNESDAY

❤️💚

BANNED

Default 2 of mutantDOM's greatest FAMILIES!!

The Summer House...

The X-Men Are A Family: Summers Family 2020 Update
    by mikeysammiches, @DeviantArt.com
    Published: May 9, 2020

It's been awhile since my last deviant submission, but while we're all in quarantine, I wanted to share some stuff I've been working on. Here's the summers family 2020 update, in the house (of x). art by me.
    and...
    The X-Men Are A Family: House Of M
    by mikeysammiches, @DeviantArt.com
    Published: May 9, 2020

New 2020 update to my original "X-Men Are A Family" piece Here we have the House of M!

Also, another...

Published: Mar 3, 2021

A fun little doodle of the children of Magneto

The House of M Omnibus a companion edition has been announced for the end of the year which thankfully includes Civil War House of M.

Link of the announcement

Direct Market Cover

Last edited by jmc247; 03-04-2023 at 04:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The House of M Omnibus a companion edition has been announced for the end of the year which...
    thankfully includes Civil War House of M. ...
    Y. E.

S. !
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 03-04-2023 at 10:07 AM.

Y. E.

S. !
    I love it but as it stands it also makes me very sad …. I may be mistaken but the MCU seems to have killed any chance for Wanda & Pietro to be mutants and related to Magneto, such a missed opportunity….
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm going to share some inconvenient truths.

Improving things for a character like Polaris isn't simply a matter of throwing her face out there in multiple places paired with a gimmick. That approach only works in the short term. You need content of weight and substance that people can empathize with or otherwise feel very strongly about for any real change.

Look at Dazzler. She had her own ongoing solo book in the 80s, but can the average person (not hardcore Dazzler fan, not hardcore X-Men fan or Marvel fan, but the average person) say a single thing about who she is as a person and what experiences she's had besides "disco singer light show gimmick?" I'm sure that will bristle some fans for me to say, but I very honestly can't tell you a single thing about the character besides exactly what I put in the quotes. Well, that and she was president or something in one comic? Which is something I only know because I picked up on it in passing by being on places like this.

What that means for Dazzler is her making occasional appearances here and there with no meaty, important involvement in ongoing matters. If she's lucky, she'll have brief stints where she has a lot of presence, but then she'll be sent back into The Hole once people at Marvel feel like they have more important things to do, more "important" characters to spend some real page time on.

The use of Lorna right now is largely in the same vein. Her current usage is the "coffee drinkin magnet gurl with a degree" gimmick. If she's extremely lucky, if the stars align just right and White doesn't feel like pages are too precious, that could lead to some kind of goofball oneshot under current comic book industry conditions (certainly not an ongoing solo; it's not the 80s, people). But after that gimmick has worn out its welcome? She's back in The Hole. She's doing absolutely nothing of substance. Her stake in important events will be treated as non-existent, just like it largely is right this second. How she is and isn't used right now, at the current height of awareness for her, is the metric for the best we can expect to get from her future use.

If the X-Men comics office gets a pass on ignoring essential parts of her history, if everyone acts like it's perfectly fine for her to be diminished to a coffee slurping stereotype that has nothing to contribute to any conversation besides how magnets work, then that's all she'll be in the comics for a decade (maybe beyond).

She won't be a character. She'll be a gimmick and occasional plot device whose entire existence continues to be exclusively focused on how she can be of use to other characters, never building anything for herself.

I'm not satisfied with simply seeing her face in various places. My interest isn't limited to her face. I'm interested in the whole package, and I want the whole package to be respected and acknowledged in real ways. Not as a gimmick. Or as some guy's girlfriend. I want to see her history and experiences actually mean something. I'm sticking with that principle as I insist on better than too many Marvel apologists want to pressure fans into accepting.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I love it but as it stands it also makes me very sad …. I may be mistaken but the MCU seems to have killed any chance for Wanda & Pietro to be mutants and related to Magneto, such a missed opportunity….
    I've always felt the ambiguous way they were introduced, w/their powers being "unlocked" by the stone, was intentional. So it could be easily retconned later on officially, down the MCU's ever-winding road.

Now on top of that, the MULTIverse's myriad of options, makes anything & EVERYthing possible. Never say never, things change. Gotta KEEP the FAITH or else... why bother?
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 03-04-2023 at 07:38 PM.

BANNED

FATHER,
    LOOK

WHAT we have DONE
    WHILE you were AWAY