Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

BANNED

WOW, never really been a fan of that short-lived look, but the eXcellent image above goes a ways @engratiating it more to me & moving the meter in a positive direction - thanX, Juan!

Also, QUICKLY...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I've always felt the ambiguous way they were introduced, w/their powers being "unlocked" by the stone, was *intentional*. So it could be easily retconned later on *officially* as latent mutancy, down the MCU's *ever-winding* road.

Now on top of that, the MULTIverse's myriad of options, makes anything & *EVERYthing* seem possible. Never say never, things change. Gotta KEEP the FAITH or else... why bother?
    just 2 QUANTIFY.

New Panini edition of House of M to be released in the Spring along with MCU AU stories.

House of M - Marvel Multiverse T03

The Avengers and X-Men tracked down the Red Witch, who destroyed Earth's most powerful heroes. When they confront her, she manipulates reality to put her in the hands of mutants. Welcome to the world of House M, where Magneto reigns supreme. A saga that will have heavy repercussions on the Marvel universe. The Multiverse is in the spotlight in new Marvel movies and series. Loki, What If...?, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania... and it's just getting started since the multiverse Kang will be the villain of the next Avengers movies. Panini Comics' new collection offers Marvel fans the opportunity to explore these parallel realities through six albums.

Link
    One positive in terms of the House of M add on Omnibus out in December contains the core family stories of the AU minis and is being promoted as such. Marvel is happy right now to have their cake and eat it too. Right now the Axis retcon is still in effect, but they are making a killing off them as a royal family of sorts even though they are not related.

By Mark Texeira
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-06-2023 at 07:48 AM.

BANNED

TOP 50 COMICS - FEBRUARY 2023

Sales Rankings (Units and Dollars) Based on Comic Store POS Data

Posted by ICv2 on March 6, 2023 @ 10:00 am CT

These are unit and dollar sales rankings based on sales tracked at point-of-sale by the ComicHub system at stores selling American comics around the world. During the period for which these reports were generated, there were over 125 stores using the ComicHub system. As this is a small, non-random sample of over 3,000 stores selling American comics worldwide, these rankings may not be typical for all stores, but do represent a variety of locations and store emphases.

This data was collected based on a four-week month, from January 29 to February 25, 2023. These sales rankings represent sales to consumers BY comic stores during the period. We’re reporting the Top 50 Comics on the public site, and the Top 200 Comics on the Pro site.

3 - Dark Web Finale #1 [Dark Web], $4.99, 2/1 - 4 wks. of sales
    9 - Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants #1, $3.99, 2/8 - 3 wks.
    13 - X-Men #19, $3.99, 2/15 - 2 wks.
    14 - Nightcrawlers #1 (Of 3), $3.99, 2/15 - 2 wks.
    17 - Scarlet Witch #2, $4.99, 2/1 - 4 wks.
    26 - Immoral X-Men #1 (Of 3), $4.99, 2/22 - 1 wk.
    30 - Wolverine #30, $3.99, 2/15 - 2 wks.
    31 - X-Force #37, $3.99, 2/1 - 4 wks.
    32 - Sins of Sinister #1, $5.99, 1/25* - 4 wks. [*w/ONLY 1 wk. of sales, it placed 8th in Jan.]

Wanda held pretty good, here's hoping it continues into #3 & beyond.
    DW, SoS, & the usual X titles did really well, too.
    It was a good month for the mutants & their friends.

BANNED

From Wanda's thread, early word on #3 from Comic-Watch reviewer...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m on vacation to Disneyland this week, so I’m a little late to looking at my books, but I skimmed Wanda’s first, and damn. Sara Pichelli is KILLING it. Almost every panel is fire.
    and as eXpected, the art will continue to be amazing.

BANNED

So far, only 2 reviews are officially up here:

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/3
    10.0 ComicBook.com - Jenna Anderson
    Mar 8, 2023

Scarlet Witch continues to be unabashedly, effortlessly sensational. ...
    spoilers:
    In this issue, Wanda teams up with Polaris in a fight to save part of Subatomica – a near-perfect combination of personal and larger canonical stakes for her case-of-the-week superheroics. Steve Orlando, Sara Pichelli and company take that idea and have some stylish and unexpected fun with it, and the execution is wonderful on practically ever level. You owe it to yourself to be reading this book.
    end of spoilers
    9.0 AIPT - Timothy ONeil
    Mar 8, 2023

'Scarlet Witch' #3 has big feelings in a tiny setting

Swords, coffee, and sass.

There's nothing small about this journey into the Microverse.
    spoilers:
    As Wanda and Darcy return from a coffee run, they are greeted by Wanda’s sister, the mistress of magnetism, Dr. Lorna Dane, Ph.D. It turns out Dr. Dane has discerned that the mysterious stone from the first issue is not a stone at all, but an “unstable ore” not unlike the mutant metal “mysterium” from the contemporary X-Men books. What this means is left unexplored, however, as the latest lady in need, Mardj of Tryfa, enters through the Last Door sending Lorna and Wanda on an adventure in the Quantum Realm. ...
    end of spoilers
    Read Full Review
    BUT just as before w/the 1st 2 issues, they're VERY POSITIVE!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

So far, only 2 reviews are officially up here:

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/3

BUT just as before w/the 1st 2 issues, they're VERY POSITIVE!!
    I’ll have mine up on the site tomorrow, as my vacation cut into my reviewing time (damn you vacations!). My editors asked if I wanted someone else to take this issue, and I told them they’ll have to pry this book from my cold, dead hands. It’s as close to tens across the board as it can get.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ll have mine up on the site tomorrow, as my vacation cut into my reviewing time (damn you vacations!). My editors asked if I wanted someone else to take this issue, and I told them they’ll have to pry this book from my cold, dead hands. It’s as close to tens across the board as it can get.
    SWEET, can't wait! Hope ya had fun on your vacay & am SO GLAD you demanded the HoMagnus Sisters stay on your watch, wouldn't have it any other way. And yes, this issue was about as close to perfection as you can get, putting the series itself at the top of my list in the process.

Also, LOVE your new avatar, it's most MAGnificent... X4!!!!

BANNED

From CJ's review thread...
    We got another official review to add: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/3

9.2 The Super Powered Fancast - Deron Generally
    Mar 8, 2023

The Rundown: Wanda and Polaris find themselves fighting to liberate an alien world.

Pichelli delivers some visually stunning moments throughout the issue. The art is absolutely beautiful and perfectly captures the beauty and majesty of the story being told.
    spoilers:
    The Story: Orlando crafts a wonderful tale of myth and legend in this issue and I loved seeing how their adventure together affects the bond between Wanda and Lorna. The story is filled with great character moments and a narrative structure that is engaging and compelling to the reader. The story takes some interesting and entertaining turns throughout and ends on a fantastic cliffhanger that makes me excited to see what happens next.
    end of spoilers
    Read Full Review
    I put the spoiler tags on so I can bring it over to the HoM thread, which is where the OG quote came from. ...
    and from Lorna's:
    ... the latest review for SW3: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...witch-(2023)/3
    9.0 Comic Book Revolution - Kevin Lainez
    Mar 9, 2023

FINAL THOUGHTS: With each passing issue Steve Orlando and Sara Pichelli are getting better and better at telling one-shot style stories that build up Wanda Maximoff and the new life she has built for herself. Scarlet Witch #3 is the best issue so far with the Polaris team-up providing us with a fun journey through Sub-Atomica. Along the way we get great moments between Wanda and Lorna Dane that taps into their relationship as sisters. It all comes together to further establish Scarlet Witch as one of Marvel's best series right now. Read Full Review

Marvel Fleer '22 set is out.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/616wandaarchive/...62307273805825

Scarlet Witch Archive
    @616wandaarchive

Scarlet Witch solo comic series characters by Sara Pichelli's art so far.

The international editions of CW HoM and SW HoM are numerous and all sell very well which was why the omnibus leaving them off seemed off.

But, squeezing out another hard cover makes sense.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-16-2023 at 12:40 PM.