Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    That's encouraging, and in more good WANDA/Scarlet Witch news, both issues 1 & 2 have already went on to 2nd printings.
    The sisters are doin' it for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Like us, it seems others are entertained & enjoying it, too.

https://twitter.com/OnomatopoeiaCmx/...03585917329408
    Onomatopoeia
    @OnomatopoeiaCmx

@79SemiFinalist
    @GerryDuggan
    2nd prints
    #CaptainMarvel 46
    #XMen 19

The green cast of Polaris' powers on her skin being mirrored & contrasted by...
    the red on Cyclops' face stands out even more here, w/the B&W backgrounds.

Astonishing Member

The Gala chance there being a tribute to the Arakko who fell during the AXE event specifically Magneto having been a Krakoa founder. That being the case his family not mattering blood related, Mutant or not could all be there for the tribute.

Cerebro Podcast with Chuck Austen

The Lorna stuff starts at 21:00.

Interviewer:I am a huge Polaris fan and I am famous in this fandom for being an advocate for your Polaris. I see some of the criticism she is a bit crazy in this run. I think the problem with Polaris is people with Polaris is people don't know what to do with her and so in the wake of Magneto's apparent death on Genosha radicalizing her and having her go hard line that way was an really interesting path for the character and other writers followed up on it. I felt unfortunately it got rolled back when Peter Davd had her again and said we are doing X-Factor again. He just did. Peter David and Chris Claremont are the two writers that don't care what others did with their character. You give them the character back none of that shit happened. I love that purple costume that Kia Asamiya designed costume. The moment where she started killing people. You made her the Wolverine of the group which was really interesting as its a role that women don't usually fill on a superhero team. I am interested in your conception of that character.

Austen: I always jokingly blame Grant Morrison... drove her crazy and had her walk through the radioactive waste. But, I always thought it was such a great idea. One of the things that I look for in a character is something that makes them distinctive and unique, something that gives them an arc and a direction to go. I like having a character that is a little messed up at the beginning. Eventually I was going to work through some of the craziness with Lorna and have her still be able to hang around. Mental health is something important to me personally, people who have issues should be able to talk with them with someone. There should be no stigma. I liked the idea of having someone who went through the ultimate stress, watched thousands of people killed around her and had to work though that process. It's about trauma.

Interviewer: I was wondering if it’s you or editorial or Grant that had the idea that no after all the decades of confusion about the subject that no she is Magneto’s daughter. Grant does in her madness have her call her daddy, my father… You have the DNA test revel.

Austen: That was my idea because at the time if I remember correctly no one really knew for sure at that point.

Interviewer: ... It was always a question. It's certainly served her well in the time since, especially after they decided Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch weren’t his kids after all. But, I also think the characterization you gave her of someone struggling with a mental health problem has become core to the character. Gerry Duggan recently did an issue with her when she was on the X-Men team. She won the fan vote to be on the first year of the Krakoan X-Men. Who knew Polaris had that kind of cache. I enjoyed it a lot. Gerry has brought her a lot of new fans. I keep telling people who like Gerry’s interpretation of Lorna of all the writers who ever had her it owes the most to yours…

I am very specifically moved by the flashback you wrote in Genosha, the one Annie sees when Xavier links them all. There is something very poetic to having Lorna find out she is Jewish via DNA test. Go to talk to her father about, oh you are my dad, then experience the great mutant Holocaust all around her and be one of the only survivors, much as her father was only one of the survivors, where so many died. To me that parallel was very appealing and its something that if I ever got to write the character I would really want to dig into. The theme of genocide is something that you explored a lot.

-JMC here and that is it. If you want the indepth version you will have to listen to the audio. What I will say is Connor Goldsmith, the interviewer, really nails how Polaris can and should function in terms of legacy themes as well as the importance of Genosha. I finally finished the second half of the recient Chuck Austen interview.

1. He had planned another storyline where Nurse Annie gets overs her anti-mutant bigotry and joins up with Lorna who bonds with her and helps her through the next phase of her life.

2. He said that he originally wanted Nurse Annie's kid to have been from Magneto from a one-night stand in her time as a nurse elsewhere. But, was shut down by editorial at the very start of his run so reimagined his father as a generic abusive mutant husband to Annie.

In other news.

The House of M companion is delayed to July 2024.

Also, a wide array of new international editions of House of M are solicited. The B & W edition is nice.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-03-2023 at 05:53 AM.

Link

Scarlet Witch scores again in March and three issues in officially puts the Scarlet Witch among the top tier of Marvel sellers for solo characters far surpassing most X-Men mainstays as witnessed by Storm and the Brotherhood starting off at 40.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Link

Scarlet Witch scores again in March and three issues in officially puts the Scarlet Witch among the top tier of Marvel sellers for solo characters far surpassing most X-Men mainstays as witnessed by Storm and the Brotherhood starting off at 40.
    Last month I did a small analysis and I said that as long as it's in the Top 50 it's along with Poison Ivy the best selling female solo ongoing on the market. I didn't imagine #3 would be this high. We are really cooking here and it's a great time to be fan. An awesome solo comic and next month the new Avengers run will start too.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Last month I did a small analysis and I said that as long as it's in the Top 50 it's along with Poison Ivy the best selling female solo ongoing on the market. I didn't imagine #3 would be this high. We are really cooking here and it's a great time to be fan. An awesome solo comic and next month the new Avengers run will start too.
    It would be accurate to say by the third issue the series would be doing well to be placing in the top 40. My expectation was more top 30 to 40 when the series started on where the sales would even out after a few issues.

Top 20 is really reserved for new series, very popular existing team books, and a minuscule number of ultra popular solo characters like Wolverine and Batman.

House of M right now is maintaining its top 20 position on Amazon against all graphic novels including the likes of Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes. It very much has maintained its position as a must-read book with the general public.

Amazon link

Anyway art.

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-06-2023 at 08:49 PM.

Marvel Avengers 2024 Calander

and

By artmaestro_
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-16-2023 at 03:10 PM.

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...07056014581763

Marvel by Oliver Coipel in Paris 2023

Hellfire Gala

Second year in a row there has been no Polaris cover.