Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thor, #1

It's the story that has been seen the world over, and today Marvel is proud to present your very first look inside THOR #1, the new series from New York Times-bestselling writer Jason Aaron (Original Sin, Thor: God of Thunder) and rising star artist Russell Dauterman (Cyclops)! Prepare for an all-new era of the God of Thunder as a brand new female hero explodes into the Marvel Universe!

The great hammer Mjölnir lies on the surface of the moon, unable to be lifted by anyone in all the heavens - even the Mighty Thor! Something dark has befallen the Thunder God, leaving him unworthy and unable to lift his magic hammer. With an army of Frost Giants invading Earth, the Odinson may not have the strength to stop them - and the hammer will be lifted by an all-new Thor! A mysterious woman unlike any Thor we've ever seen before!

"This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is Thor. This is the Thor of the Marvel Universe. But it's unlike any Thor we've ever seen before," says writer Jason Aaron.

Launching as part of the Avengers NOW! initiative, Thor is the first of an exciting wave of titles that push the Marvel Universe forward in exciting new directions! Prepare for a Marvel Universe like you've never seen it before as the biggest creators in the industry bring you bold new stories featuring the most popular characters!

Who is this mysterious new God of Thunder? Not even Odin knows! No fan can afford to miss the comic that has everyone talking. Prepare for a senses-shattering new beginning as the all-new Thor thunders her way through the Marvel Universe this October in THOR #1!

Full article here.

Nice, art looks great. Can't wait

Thorett is here.

Peace

Love Thor rocking that beard. Wish he'd keep it.

I really like the new logo.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Arts looking good, Aaron's on form and there is a mystery. Cannot wait!

Where is the sexy Manara variant?

Dauterman's art is fantastic. It is a shame he's not on Cyclops still.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Considering all the discussions we've had about cover art and how women are portrayed on them.

Most of the cover art is good if personality-wise bland.

But #4, just looks like this woman is channeling the power of Thor through the Mjölnir as though it was a male appendage. It just seems to expressed that she has the power of a male character or that the power she possesses is a power that is generally male-oriented almost removing any feminine traits from her and making her look more masculine.

So I find that cover art, unnerving.

Here's a question I've been wondering. If Thor couldn't lift his hammer why did they just leave it on the moon and not simply have Cap help return it to Earth considering that he's worthy to wield it?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Here's a question I've been wondering. If Thor couldn't lift his hammer why did they just leave it on the moon and not simply have Cap help return it to Earth considering that he's worthy to wield it?
    As with anyone (see: Thor) worthines can change.

Fantastic Member

interesting i wonder who fem-thor is

Wish the full body promotial art was the regular cover.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    Also, if you look at the bottom of page 7, the s was added later because if you look at the frame just above it, it still says he, not she like the last one. In fact the two frames above the last shot of the hammer only says he, not she. Not a very good ninja edit!
    I think that was intentional. In the panel above she does grab it, but only until the next panel does she gets Thor's power. It's a simple step-by-step approach. Hammer with no one, Hammer being touched, Hammer's acceptance

I'm finding the whole shoulder area unnerving. It looks dislocated. I like #3, it shows she has a powerful physique without making her look like a tranny bodybuilder (no offense to tranny body builders!)

Also, if you look at the bottom of page 7, the s was added later because if you look at the frame just above it, it still says he, not she like the last one. In fact the two frames above the last shot of the hammer only says he, not she. Not a very good ninja edit!

I'm looking forward to picking this up. I like female characters and while I wish they hadn't replaced Thor at all, I'll still read this and give it a chance. I like Aaron's writing so I think it'll be good.
    The S wasn't added later by editorial, the hammer is adapting to its wielder. Why would it have the S before she actually picks it up?

All-New Member

I believe this was intentional