Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Toy Photography by Drawn Exposures:

"A Bond of Love - Bonds of love never make the wearer weaker. They give him greater strength. - Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqDpAnns3f1/

"A Bond of Love - A dash of Greek mythology to give the image an Italian Renaissance period fresco aesthetic"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqHZWnnMMCm/

Superman and Wonder Woman Chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Cute

Yeah…even with the Flash movie seems Cavill got shafted again. But everybody else sort of did too at the end.

Course it will…
    But not looking forward to them not interacting properly again.
    Is there some mandate we are not aware of? I don't understand this refusal to allow them to interact in live action and or not even adhere to their own source material. Clark and Diana have history and DC/WB have consistently failed to give it to the audience. So many stories with deep friendship and romance and time and again it is ignored or...sometimes feels like sabotaged. From the Timmverse ,who changed up stories with them from The Man Who Has Everything to the New Frontier to the handling by the team that changed their new 52 romance making them break up for no reason to shoe horn Lois in another Death of Superman scenario.
    The Death story did not do well on screen, did not do well the first time in animation, then when they used the new 52 to do it, many fans were confused why Superman and Wonder Woman had broken up. The following Reign of Supermen did not do the expected numbers...and one wonders why because wasn't it the conclusion of this great story?? But it's because it broke the emotional core of the narrative to some extent...it was making us try to feel for Superman's death via those who loved him and what they did was build up Clark and Diana in 4 movies to then do a 180 for Lois in 1 movie with zero build up and explanation to the audience. If it was Diana mourning it would have hit differently because it would have made sense within the whole timeline/ story progression.

That's the case in the DCEU too. Lack of proper story telling to an audience who consist of many who really don't have an attachment to these characters as the older niche audience. Snyder refused to let them speak to each other, now Gunn cuts one measly scene with them. And did it make a difference? No. DCEU flopped and The Flash, I believe is flopping too.

Superman and Wonder Woman has not been a factor in any of these movies or this era and that is probably one of many reasons why it flunked too. Because Superman and Wonder Woman having a dynamic ( be it besties or lovers) is integral to the DCU. It's in the source material and ignoring it is very much like defusing vital chemistry and cutting out a part of the heart of the DCU. Diana is as important to Clark as Batman is to him. They want to suggest the Trinity is this strong force yet they refused to show the SMWW aspect. So do these people not think Clark and Diana have something worthwhile to say to each other or to learn from each other? A force as powerful as Superman has nothing to gain from some interaction with someone like Wonder Woman?? It is nonsensical. And you know what? I'm not sorry when I see the mess the DCU is in. They earned that mess. All they have to do is respect the comics and stop creating their own head canon and stop listening to trolls and haters on line. You will never make everyone happy but if you have a strong story with good chemistry with yr actors and a clear direction, it will speak for itself. Even if Snyder's take was seen as AU, it was very weak in the story telling. Also you can't give us AU before setting up the pure forms of the characters. It won't work.

Look at the way they established Cap and Widow or Clint and Nat in the MCU...you see and feel the friendship and feelings they have for each other and the stories were the better for it when it came to the actual heroics too because their dynamic gives us an insight into their individual characters too in the way they relate and operate. WB has not allowed Superman to interact with others too ( it was really only Lois and Batman) and for the type of character he is this is lazy and a shame because he is supposed to be example and the inspiration for many of them. To see how great he is you need to see him via the lens of other heroes and the people he wants to protect. Not only his love interest or using people as just one dimensional thing the way they used them in Snyder's movies. Same for Diana. That's why WW84 did not do well imo. I hope Gunn can do better but like you I'm skeptical.
    Last edited by hellacre; 06-18-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Some SMWW anime style.

Superman and Wonder Woman talk

Digital art by San Siro Retro:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs4Y2HzJWWv/

DC has disappointed me mostly during the Rebirth era re the SMWW stuff. Even though they were not together post crisis we had some genuine, wonderful Clark and Diana moments , that builded that dynamic we loved of besties who understand each other with underlying attraction. Then we got new 52 which of course built on what we liked and gave them a relationship etc.

But we all know when they Rebirthed they (esp the Superman writers) did not give Diana the same respect. Batman kept being shown why he was important to Superman but Diana? Just used as a mouth piece or plot device. Shown esp in Superman's anniversay issues one would never think Diana was important part of his life, even as a dear friend, we just get some shallow wishy washy generic scene.

But the Wonder Woman team has given us something really good twice. First in Immortal Wonder Woman and now in Wonder Woman 800. It stays true to the spirit of the SuperWonder and I was very touched and happy with the small but sweet story that showcased Clark.

New Tattoos pics:

"Couple tattoo in the form of a wedding ring 🫶🏼😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoV4bc_OYcD/

"#MomAndDad"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsEj8ojI02g/

"Wonder Woman & Superman couples tattoos…"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp4qkytKE8A/

"A great suggestion for those who have a sweetheart and want to leave it marked, in addition to the heart, on the skin too!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co-503SLlZ9/

"Couple's Tattoo 🖤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoYHsHsLvIU/

"Wonder Woman and Superman 🩸"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsPMU12Ii2R/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Toy Photography by Drawn Exposures:

[I]"A Bond of Love - Bonds of love never make the wearer weaker. They give him greater strength. - Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqDpAnns3f1/
    Love the quote. Where is it from originally?

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Is there some mandate we are not aware of? I don't understand this refusal to allow them to interact in live action and or not even adhere to their own source material. Clark and Diana have history and DC/WB have consistently failed to give it to the audience. So many stories with deep friendship and romance and time and again it is ignored or...sometimes feels like sabotaged. From the Timmverse ,who changed up stories with them from The Man Who Has Everything to the New Frontier to the handling by the team that changed their new 52 romance making them break up for no reason to shoe horn Lois in another Death of Superman scenario.
    The Death story did not do well on screen, did not do well the first time in animation, then when they used the new 52 to do it, many fans were confused why Superman and Wonder Woman had broken up. The following Reign of Supermen did not do the expected numbers...and one wonders why because wasn't it the conclusion of this great story?? But it's because it broke the emotional core of the narrative to some extent...it was making us try to feel for Superman's death via those who loved him and what they did was build up Clark and Diana in 4 movies to then do a 180 for Lois in 1 movie with zero build up and explanation to the audience. If it was Diana mourning it would have hit differently because it would have made sense within the whole timeline/ story progression.

That's the case in the DCEU too. Lack of proper story telling to an audience who consist of many who really don't have an attachment to these characters as the older niche audience. Snyder refused to let them speak to each other, now Gunn cuts one measly scene with them. And did it make a difference? No. DCEU flopped and The Flash, I believe is flopping too.

Superman and Wonder Woman has not been a factor in any of these movies or this era and that is probably one of many reasons why it flunked too. Because Superman and Wonder Woman having a dynamic ( be it besties or lovers) is integral to the DCU. It's in the source material and ignoring it is very much like defusing vital chemistry and cutting out a part of the heart of the DCU. Diana is as important to Clark as Batman is to him. They want to suggest the Trinity is this strong force yet they refused to show the SMWW aspect. So do these people not think Clark and Diana have something worthwhile to say to each other or to learn from each other? A force as powerful as Superman has nothing to gain from some interaction with someone like Wonder Woman?? It is nonsensical. And you know what? I'm not sorry when I see the mess the DCU is in. They earned that mess. All they have to do is respect the comics and stop creating their own head canon and stop listening to trolls and haters on line. You will never make everyone happy but if you have a strong story with good chemistry with yr actors and a clear direction, it will speak for itself. Even if Snyder's take was seen as AU, it was very weak in the story telling. Also you can't give us AU before setting up the pure forms of the characters. It won't work.

Look at the way they established Cap and Widow or Clint and Nat in the MCU...you see and feel the friendship and feelings they have for each other and the stories were the better for it when it came to the actual heroics too because their dynamic gives us an insight into their individual characters too in the way they relate and operate. WB has not allowed Superman to interact with others too ( it was really only Lois and Batman) and for the type of character he is this is lazy and a shame because he is supposed to be example and the inspiration for many of them. To see how great he is you need to see him via the lens of other heroes and the people he wants to protect. Not only his love interest or using people as just one dimensional thing the way they used them in Snyder's movies. Same for Diana. That's why WW84 did not do well imo. I hope Gunn can do better but like you I'm skeptical.
    Well I would guess itÂ’s from whatever Snyder had planned? Movie synergy was a big factor. Superman was either dead or evil(possesed) and killed everybody. We saw in both versions of JL how Diana and the Lasso of Truth was nerfed so she couldnÂ’t snap him out of his rabid dog like state as she usually would in the comics for contrived plot reasons.
    Then we had the initial pettiness from the beginning of the Rebirth creative teams.
    Idk.. I donÂ’t have much to say or even care to figure it out anymore because there just hasnÂ’t been a valid reason given that DCEU has been an embarrassing disaster, comics and animation seem to be average middle road and DC as a whole brand is deemed as damaged now.

DC has disappointed me mostly during the Rebirth era re the SMWW stuff. Even though they were not together post crisis we had some genuine, wonderful Clark and Diana moments , that builded that dynamic we loved of besties who understand each other with underlying attraction. Then we got new 52 which of course built on what we liked and gave them a relationship etc.

But we all know when they Rebirthed they (esp the Superman writers) did not give Diana the same respect. Batman kept being shown why he was important to Superman but Diana? Just used as a mouth piece or plot device. Shown esp in Superman's anniversay issues one would never think Diana was important part of his life, even as a dear friend, we just get some shallow wishy washy generic scene.

But the Wonder Woman team has given us something really good twice. First in Immortal Wonder Woman and now in Wonder Woman 800. It stays true to the spirit of the SuperWonder and I was very touched and happy with the small but sweet story that showcased Clark.
    ItÂ’s always that though, itÂ’s shown mostly in DianaÂ’s side how important Clark is to her.
    Superman canÂ’t interact too closely with other female characters because of the status quo. If Clark and Diana interact and show importance in each otherÂ’s lives as they should wellÂ… itÂ’s bound to dabble in a little romantic gestures or soÂ… ThatÂ’s just how their relationship has been built. They are friends.****** friends but itÂ’s very clear that there is more of something underlying. Anything else is empty and generic as you said. If you canÂ’t do that then there isnÂ’t much genuine interactions.

Immortal and 800 showcased exactly whatÂ’s missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New Tattoos pics:

[I]"Couple tattoo in the form of a wedding ring 🫶🏼😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoV4bc_OYcD/
    Will always love the tattoos. Especially when couples get them as tatted wedding rings. It just means so much.

Some SMWW anime style.

Very nice art.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Love the quote. Where is it from originally?
    I think it's from Wonder Woman #35.

Well I would guess itÂ’s from whatever Snyder had planned? Movie synergy was a big factor. Superman was either dead or evil(possesed) and killed everybody. We saw in both versions of JL how Diana and the Lasso of Truth was nerfed so she couldnÂ’t snap him out of his rabid dog like state as she usually would in the comics for contrived plot reasons.
    Then we had the initial pettiness from the beginning of the Rebirth creative teams.
    Idk.. I donÂ’t have much to say or even care to figure it out anymore because there just hasnÂ’t been a valid reason given that DCEU has been an embarrassing disaster, comics and animation seem to be average middle road and DC as a whole brand is deemed as damaged now.
    It seems Snyder considered to switch roles and had a small tease (a vision) in his scrapped JL 2 of Diana turning evil and killing Superman lmao. No idea if he planned to have a follow up to it or it was just a random vision meaning nothing.

ItÂ’s always that though, itÂ’s shown mostly in DianaÂ’s side how important Clark is to her.
    Superman canÂ’t interact too closely with other female characters because of the status quo. If Clark and Diana interact and show importance in each otherÂ’s lives as they should wellÂ… itÂ’s bound to dabble in a little romantic gestures or soÂ… ThatÂ’s just how their relationship has been built. They are friends.****** friends but itÂ’s very clear that there is more of something underlying. Anything else is empty and generic as you said. If you canÂ’t do that then there isnÂ’t much genuine interactions.

Immortal and 800 showcased exactly whatÂ’s missing.
    It was kind of like that during early post-Crisis before she was made important to Clark's side later.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I think it's from Wonder Woman #35.
    which one?

It seems Snyder considered to switch roles and had a small tease (a vision) in his scrapped JL 2 of Diana turning evil and killing Superman lmao. No idea if he planned to have a follow up to it or it was just a random vision meaning nothing.
    From what I've read of Snyder and his ideas, it was probably something he thought about. Snyder had a lot of ideas.

It was kind of like that during early post-Crisis before she was made important to Clark's side later.
    I'm quite confused on this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    which one?
    I have no idea. I googled it, it says WW #35 here: https://www.draudreyt.com/post/5-lif...m-wonder-woman

From what I've read of Snyder and his ideas, it was probably something he thought about. Snyder had a lot of ideas.
    For sure lol.

I'm quite confused on this statement.
    In the 80s and early 90s, Superman was the one appearing in WW books but she was not in his, but Diana became a recurring presence in Superman books in the late 90s and 2000s.