Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I was reading Nate's entry on Marvel.fandom and came across this bit of info:

For the next weeks, Nate kept a low profile. One night, he went clubbing with three girls: Jam, Bux, and Marita, and many people recognized him from his performances in Central Park. Nate was asked to sing with the band and, surprisingly, he did quite well, though he never had been on stage before. However, the show was interrupted by the arrival of Jackknife, who was hunting down and killing every single person that Nate had contact with.
    Wtf? Nate can sing? I find this strangely hilarious.

Apparently, this is from X-man issue #32. Anyone got the scans?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I was reading Nate's entry on Marvel.fandom and came across this bit of info:

Wtf? Nate can sing? I find this strangely hilarious.

Apparently, this is from X-man issue #32. Anyone got the scans?
    I got you covered.
    20230103_121955.jpg

#xmenvote
    Cast your vote for the X-Men's 2023 lineup. With enough votes it could be a way to get Nate back into 616.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/16...flNg5Z_rg&s=19
    Last edited by The Myth; 01-02-2023 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Can't, I deleted my posts and locked my twitter account a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
    I got you covered.
    20230103_121955.jpg
    Thanks. That is sooo '90s. When he gets back he'll have to do a duet with Dazzler.

The Sins of Sinister event would be a great place to bring him back.

Create him in one alt reality, lose him in another, bring him back in a third? It kind of fits (especially since this one is tied to his creator), though I don't see it happening.

What do you think drove Nate over the edge before/during Age of X-man?

1. Being in possession of the Life Seed?
    2. Finding out he was dying again?
    3. Having too much power?
    4. All our some of the above?
    5. He was always crazy we just didn't see it?

I tend to think the Life Seed was the big thing and that if he got rid of it he'd regain his senses.

Create him in one alt reality, lose him in another, bring him back in a third? It kind of fits (especially since this one is tied to his creator), though I don't see it happening.

What do you think drove Nate over the edge before/during Age of X-man?

1. Being in possession of the Life Seed?
    2. Finding out he was dying again?
    3. Having too much power?
    4. All our some of the above?
    5. He was always crazy we just didn't see it?

I tend to think the Life Seed was the big thing and that if he got rid of it he'd regain his senses.
    It was definitely the Life Seed. The seed seems to have some level of sentience, which affected Nate in a similar way to how Dark Phoenix affected Jean.
    And the whole dying again thing doesn't make any sense. What's meant to be killing him? His powers burning him out is no longer an issue since he got the tattoo that stabilizes them. And he was shown to be recovering from his nerve damage. So what was the cause?

Apparently, the life seed is supposed to create life on new worlds. In comparison, the death seed is supposed to drive someone insane and up their power levels until they kill off an "inferior" species to allow their species to flourish. So it would make sense that the life seed drives someone insane so that they create a new world and would explain how Nate got the power to do it. (I hadn't put the pieces together until now.)

The dying stuff is weird. I took it to mean that the gene tattoo had failed for some reason, but it could have been something else. It really should have been explained. Lazy writing there.

I'm still holding out faint hope that Nate will find a way to tie the seed to the new world, retain his sanity, and get back to the 616 so someone can cure him. Or resurrect him.

I'm hoping Nate joins X-men Red if he comes back. At the least he'll get a cool new outfit- those outfits are snazzy.

Hmm, I'm behind on my reading, but from what I've read of X-men Red, I think every x-fan probably wants their favourite on that title.

That said, I'm not sure it's be a great idea to have both X-man and Cable as regulars on the same book...

Hmm, I'm behind on my reading, but from what I've read of X-men Red, I think every x-fan probably wants their favourite on that title.

That said, I'm not sure it's be a great idea to have both X-man and Cable as regulars on the same book...
    They are brothers of a sort. Nate and Kid Cable would've been more fun but Nate and Cable have a dynamic to mine.

I don't disagree, I just think it should be as guest stars or in crossovers, not all the time.

What do you guys think of the theory that Nate Grey is responsible for Hope Summers?

At the end of his original solo series Nate had converted is being into energy and dispersed himself across all living things on Earth. (X-Man #75, March 2001)
    Years later 'irl' Dark Beast learns of the nature of Nate's 'death' and theorizes that Nate should be able to re-accumulate his energy and restore himself. (X-Factor #22 Endangered Species ch 7, August 2007)
    Dark Beast's prediction comes true when Nate tries to return by using other people as an anchor point. This results in massive amounts of energy being channeled into the host, causing an ordinary human to suddenly, though temporarily, be read as a mutant. Nate eventually physically reformed after absorbing a large quantity of psionic energy and refining his focus on being a single entity. (Dark X-Men #1 & #2, November & December 2009)

Hope Summers was the first mutant born after the events of M-Day nearly wiped all mutants from existence. Professor X detected Hope's when there was a sudden eruption of psionic energy, that even managed to destroy Cerebra. (X-Men: Messiah Complex #1, October 2007)
    Hope gets taken in by Cable, so she is only part of the Summers/Grey family by adoption. However, Mr Sinister has stated that she possesses some kind of 'non-genetic inheritance' to the Summers/Grey's. (Uncanny X-Men #544, October 2011)

So, the theory goes that Hope was an early attempt, if not the first attempt, of Nate trying to reform himself. By trying to use the new born baby as his anchor point. But Nate's focus on being a single entity was unrefined at this point which resulted in the massive explosion of psionic energy, and imbuing the baby with Omega-levels of potential.
    This is theorized by the fact that:
    • Hope was born within the 'in-universe' time period of Nate trying to reassemble himself. She was born after the writers had established the means for Nate to return.
    • Hope's birth had similar side effects to when Nate did eventually return, as well as when he first arrived in 616 from AoA.
    • The 'non-genetic inheritance' mentioned by Mr Sinister could be the result of being imprinted by Nate's near omnipotent power.

There were other notes to the theory, but I can't remember them all.

Addition, not part of the original theory but, if it's true there could be a connection between Life Seed Nate being call the Mutant God and Hope being the Mutant Messiah.

That's really interesting. Nate mustn't know about it, though, or he would have reacted differently to Hope when they met in New Mutants.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
    What do you guys think of the theory that Nate Grey is responsible for Hope Summers?

At the end of his original solo series Nate had converted is being into energy and dispersed himself across all living things on Earth. (X-Man #75, March 2001)
    Years later 'irl' Dark Beast learns of the nature of Nate's 'death' and theorizes that Nate should be able to re-accumulate his energy and restore himself. (X-Factor #22 Endangered Species ch 7, August 2007)
    Dark Beast's prediction comes true when Nate tries to return by using other people as an anchor point. This results in massive amounts of energy being channeled into the host, causing an ordinary human to suddenly, though temporarily, be read as a mutant. Nate eventually physically reformed after absorbing a large quantity of psionic energy and refining his focus on being a single entity. (Dark X-Men #1 & #2, November & December 2009)

Hope Summers was the first mutant born after the events of M-Day nearly wiped all mutants from existence. Professor X detected Hope's when there was a sudden eruption of psionic energy, that even managed to destroy Cerebra. (X-Men: Messiah Complex #1, October 2007)
    Hope gets taken in by Cable, so she is only part of the Summers/Grey family by adoption. However, Mr Sinister has stated that she possesses some kind of 'non-genetic inheritance' to the Summers/Grey's. (Uncanny X-Men #544, October 2011)

So, the theory goes that Hope was an early attempt, if not the first attempt, of Nate trying to reform himself. By trying to use the new born baby as his anchor point. But Nate's focus on being a single entity was unrefined at this point which resulted in the massive explosion of psionic energy, and imbuing the baby with Omega-levels of potential.
    This is theorized by the fact that:
    • Hope was born within the 'in-universe' time period of Nate trying to reassemble himself. She was born after the writers had established the means for Nate to return.
    • Hope's birth had similar side effects to when Nate did eventually return, as well as when he first arrived in 616 from AoA.
    • The 'non-genetic inheritance' mentioned by Mr Sinister could be the result of being imprinted by Nate's near omnipotent power.

There were other notes to the theory, but I can't remember them all.

Addition, not part of the original theory but, if it's true there could be a connection between Life Seed Nate being call the Mutant God and Hope being the Mutant Messiah.
    That is indeed an interesting theory, but I think it'd only be worth following up if they wanted to make Hope more Cable's legitimate daughter than she already is. Because this way, the version of Cable that was born when the past changed actually did make her. Since that would kind of go in the face of the fact that an adopted daughter doesn't need to be biologically related to her father, I think it'd be best not to pursue it. I think it would be better if Nate's return was more anchored to Hope's birth in some way.