Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Happy New Year to Nate and all of his mates!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'd like to see him find a way to anchor the life seed to the reality he created and come back to the 616.
    Same, would be awesome to see him on Krakoa!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    That is indeed an interesting theory, but I think it'd only be worth following up if they wanted to make Hope more Cable's legitimate daughter than she already is. Because this way, the version of Cable that was born when the past changed actually did make her. Since that would kind of go in the face of the fact that an adopted daughter doesn't need to be biologically related to her father, I think it'd be best not to pursue it. I think it would be better if Nate's return was more anchored to Hope's birth in some way.
    I don't think it would make Hope more of a "legitimate" daughter to Cable. Nate isn't Cable. They consider themselves half-brothers, last I checked. It's just a coincidence that Cable decided to raise her, he didn't know anything about a connection to Nate, if one exists, so I don't see it changing their relationship at all.

I don't think it would make Hope more of a "legitimate" daughter to Cable. Nate isn't Cable. They consider themselves half-brothers, last I checked. It's just a coincidence that Cable decided to raise her, he didn't know anything about a connection to Nate, if one exists, so I don't see it changing their relationship at all.
    Nate and Cable are considered half-brothers, but they are also counterparts. It's one of those oddities caused by multi-reality weirdness.

Yeah, I misremembered the quote I was referencing. I know they have the same genetic code, but with different mothers and completely different personalities is kind of hard to see them as alt versions of the same person.

Anyway, I still don't think it would change much. If anything, Cable would see Hope as Nate's genetic child, not his own, and it wouldn't change his feelings for her in any way.

Yeah, I misremembered the quote I was referencing. I know they have the same genetic code, but with different mothers and completely different personalities is kind of hard to see them as alt versions of the same person.

Anyway, I still don't think it would change much. If anything, Cable would see Hope as Nate's genetic child, not his own, and it wouldn't change his feelings for her in any way.
    Oh, I agree with you.
    But if there is any merit to the theory Nate still wouldn't be Hope's biological father. Since he didn't pass on any dna, he would only be the source of her power and x-gene.

Yeah, it shouldn't be a big issue. Very interesting theory. If they really had it planned, I wonder why they dropped it?

Rating Nate's Rogues Gallery #1.

The Madri and Infinites.
    image (3).jpg
    First conflict: X-Man vol 1 #2.

The zealots and footsoldiers of Apocalypse's regime. They provided the first real confrontation Nate had ever engaged in.

Nate and the Outcasts were tricked by 'Essex' to check out one of Apocalypse's factories. Nate was horrified to discover that the facility was used to process the remains of deceased humans into raw materials. Nate proceeded in destroying the factory's machinery, alerting several Infinites and Madri to the Outcasts' presence.
    Nate clashed with several members of the security forces, easily killing some and mind-wiping others. One member of the Madri managed to survive, and reported Nate's existence to Apocalypse.

Summary:
    A bunch of faceless goons for Nate to tear through, proving no challenge at all. They look kind of cool, but left no impact and are easily forgotten.

Rating: 2/10.

Has Nate appeared in any adaptations?

How do we vote for him to be in the x-men?

If you've got twitter, follow the link below and request him. I don't know if it'll get him added to the list, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
    #xmenvote
    Cast your vote for the X-Men's 2023 lineup. With enough votes it could be a way to get Nate back into 616.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/16...flNg5Z_rg&s=19
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Apparently, he was in Marvel Legends 2 for the PSP, and one of the Spiderman games. I don't think he's been in any cartoons or live action projects, but I could be wrong.

Happy New Year Nate's fans!

What do you guys think of the theory that Nate Grey is responsible for Hope Summers?

At the end of his original solo series Nate had converted is being into energy and dispersed himself across all living things on Earth. (X-Man #75, March 2001)
    Years later 'irl' Dark Beast learns of the nature of Nate's 'death' and theorizes that Nate should be able to re-accumulate his energy and restore himself. (X-Factor #22 Endangered Species ch 7, August 2007)
    Dark Beast's prediction comes true when Nate tries to return by using other people as an anchor point. This results in massive amounts of energy being channeled into the host, causing an ordinary human to suddenly, though temporarily, be read as a mutant. Nate eventually physically reformed after absorbing a large quantity of psionic energy and refining his focus on being a single entity. (Dark X-Men #1 & #2, November & December 2009)

Hope Summers was the first mutant born after the events of M-Day nearly wiped all mutants from existence. Professor X detected Hope's when there was a sudden eruption of psionic energy, that even managed to destroy Cerebra. (X-Men: Messiah Complex #1, October 2007)
    Hope gets taken in by Cable, so she is only part of the Summers/Grey family by adoption. However, Mr Sinister has stated that she possesses some kind of 'non-genetic inheritance' to the Summers/Grey's. (Uncanny X-Men #544, October 2011)

So, the theory goes that Hope was an early attempt, if not the first attempt, of Nate trying to reform himself. By trying to use the new born baby as his anchor point. But Nate's focus on being a single entity was unrefined at this point which resulted in the massive explosion of psionic energy, and imbuing the baby with Omega-levels of potential.
    This is theorized by the fact that:
    • Hope was born within the 'in-universe' time period of Nate trying to reassemble himself. She was born after the writers had established the means for Nate to return.
    • Hope's birth had similar side effects to when Nate did eventually return, as well as when he first arrived in 616 from AoA.
    • The 'non-genetic inheritance' mentioned by Mr Sinister could be the result of being imprinted by Nate's near omnipotent power.

There were other notes to the theory, but I can't remember them all.

Addition, not part of the original theory but, if it's true there could be a connection between Life Seed Nate being call the Mutant God and Hope being the Mutant Messiah.
    That is really, really interesting story with a great potential for good store telling I would like to see it realized and it would be the perfect way to bring Nate over to 616.

Rating Nate's Rogues Gallery #2.

Domino (A.o.A).
    20230109_052203.jpg
    First conflict: X-Man vol 1 #3.

An assassin employed by Apocalypse to either recruit or eliminate Nate Grey. She was the first named enemy Nate ever fought.

Domino and her crew tracked down Nate and the Outcasts. The following skirmish would result in fatalities on both sides.
    When Domino threatened Forge's life, Nate launched himself at her, knocking her away. Engaging each other one-on-one, Domino fired at Nate with her blaster, but Nate deflected it with his TK shield.
    Resorting to melee, Domino managed to land a few strikes with her sword.
    Ultimately, however, Domino proved no match for Nate. She is left in a catatonic state after Nate psionicly stripping her mind.

Summary:
    Domino was a descent fighter and assassin, having taken out Omega Red prior to engaging Nate and the Outcasts. While she was unable to harm Nate at range, she did manage to get a hit or two in at close quarters. In the end she was outclassed by Nate's raw power. Domino presented a semi-descent 'miniboss' for Nate's first story arc.

Rating: 4/10.
    Last edited by The Myth; 01-08-2023 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Allegedly the mutant scavenger at the beginning of the Days of Future Past movie is supposed to be an homage to Nate.
    Other than that he is playable in the PSP version of X-Men Legends 2. He also appears in some Marvel trading cards and HeroClix.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/09/x-...lum-unlimited/

AoA Krakoa curiosity
    Moira MacTaggert and applying it to the Age of Apocalypse is such a brilliant way to revisit the AoA and still make it feel fresh and unexpected. Since we didn’t get a sprawling chart, can you confirm that we’re on the second life of AoA Moira?

Jordan: One hundred percent. Moira had died in X-Men Omega so it gave us a fresh start. I know we’ve gone back to the AoA well a few times and even I can’t keep things straight so I thought this would allow us to “play all the hits” while still packing in a few new surprises. I also was interested in seeing characters from post-AoA stories like the Grant Morrison, Brian Michael Bendis, and Krakoa eras reflected in this version. It also tied a lot of thematic elements to what Xavier was grappling with on present-day Krakoa.

No AoA 2005/ No AoA 2012 and No AoA 2015 (Secret Wars) in Continuity

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Allegedly the mutant scavenger at the beginning of the Days of Future Past movie is supposed to be an homage to Nate.
    Other than that he is playable in the PSP version of X-Men Legends 2. He also appears in some Marvel trading cards and HeroClix.
    Oh I never knew that, I was big into X-Men Legends 2 but only ever played the PC version. How was Nate on PSP?