Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

I hope Rogue and Quicksilver get along in this. Historically they've always gotten along really well, but they butted heads a lot toward the end of Rogue's last tenure on the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's using Polaris' powers there...nice.
    Agreed. I'm hoping since Duggan got so comfortable writing Synch's power mimicry, he might want to play with Rogue's powers more. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis
    YAY!! Rogue back in UA!!! And she's working with Cap !!! And I actually liked her friendship with Wade a lot so I'm happy they're back on the same team
    I know, I'm so excited! Still a bit weird to me that it's Rogue of all X-Men seems to have this connection with Steve, considering how head-strong she can be but maybe he respects that about her.

Yea, I don't mind Wade as much as most people seemed to get bugged by him. Then again, I've only really seen him written by Kelly Thompson and Gerry Duggan which have gotten praise for their Deadpool writing before. I think they write him more balanced compared to other writers. I just hope it's kept strictly platonic, no drama pls.

Quote Originally Posted by seccurz
    I fucking hate that costume, but damn she looks amazing! Powerful and in charge!
    I'd love a costume change, but I think Marvel is purposely keeping her in it for branding purposes. I bet you some version if it will be used for the MCU. Though admittedly they are inconsistent about what they care about in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Washout
    I hope Rogue and Quicksilver get along in this. Historically they've always gotten along really well, but they butted heads a lot toward the end of Rogue's last tenure on the Avengers.
    I don't mind some squabbling from them, but yea preferably toned down. IIRC I think they butt-heads because Rogue was in a leadership position and Quicksilver tends to get insecure inconsistently.

Actually that brings up the question, is Steve going to lead again or will Rogue? The way the characters are poised, I would guess Steve but then again it's just a cover so.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not buying it because of Deadpool (I hate that character with every fibre of my being) but...my only question is, will she get a new costume?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Unlikely, though I'd really like some new threads. T.T

Heck, even the Hellfire Gala gave some possible ideas for a new Rogue costume.

Hope the Uncanny Vengers team gets elected at the gala too.

"Humans and mutants of earth this are yours Uncanny Avengers"

Rogue and Cap Team

Rogue and The Uncanny Vengers

That would be cool, the first issue comes in August correct? So the time-span works out I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea, I don't mind Wade as much as most people seemed to get bugged by him. Then again, I've only really seen him written by Kelly Thompson and Gerry Duggan which have gotten praise for their Deadpool writing before. I think they write him more balanced compared to other writers. I just hope it's kept strictly platonic, no drama pls.
    Indeed. I've also heard the same type of praise for Remender's writing of Wade, as well...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-18-2023 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Rogue finally getting far, far away from the backseat driving editorial of the X-Office alongside two of my other favs (Monet and Kwannon), and written again by KT for an entire issue of Captain Marvel? 🥳 Everything’s coming up CBR user SisterhoodOfMutants.

Duggan is still on my list for the way he treated her over in X-Men, but without the X-Office breathing down his neck, she’ll at the very least (hopefully) no longer be deliberately sidelined or flattened from every angle for fear of her possibly upstaging other characters. 🕶️

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Indeed. I've also heard the same type of praise for Remender's writing of Wade, as well...
    Yea, Remember had his moments as well with writing comedy and dark moments, as well as dark comedy. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants
    Rogue finally getting far, far away from the backseat driving editorial of the X-Office alongside two of my other favs (Monet and Kwannon), and written again by KT for an entire issue of Captain Marvel? Everything’s coming up CBR user SisterhoodOfMutants.

Duggan is still on my list for the way he treated her over in X-Men, but without the X-Office breathing down his neck, she’ll at the very least (hopefully) no longer be deliberately sidelined or flattened from every angle for fear of her possibly upstaging other characters.
    Are we sure it's going under the Avengers office? Though I agree with you, the X-Office has not been kind to Rogue in the last couple of years. Beyond Rogue & Gambit, she's been treated as a side-character to inflate sales.

I'm really hoping Duggan has a plan for her in Uncanny Avengers Vol 3. But given the preview, I do think Rogue will play an important role, considering she's one of the only original UA characters alongside Captain America. I'm guessing it's after she saves Steve, when she asks to restart the team.

Super excited to see Monet and Kwannon here, I love them too. Monet is similar to Emma, but I hope Duggan writes her with a bit more nuance. ideally I wanted her to interact with Evan but.. Kwannon I don't think he's ever written, so curious on what character beats he'll give her. Like Wade, she's a bit of an odd pick for a publicity team, but so are 2/3 of the team I suppose lol.

Well at least Rogue acted like Rogue. xD

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea, Remember had his moments as well with writing comedy and dark moments, as well as dark comedy. ^^

Are we sure it's going under the Avengers office? Though I agree with you, the X-Office has not been kind to Rogue in the last couple of years. Beyond Rogue & Gambit, she's been treated as a side-character to inflate sales.

I'm really hoping Duggan has a plan for her in Uncanny Avengers Vol 3. But given the preview, I do think Rogue will play an important role, considering she's one of the only original UA characters alongside Captain America. I'm guessing it's after she saves Steve, when she asks to restart the team.

Super excited to see Monet and Kwannon here, I love them too. Monet is similar to Emma, but I hope Duggan writes her with a bit more nuance. ideally I wanted her to interact with Evan but.. Kwannon I don't think he's ever written, so curious on what character beats he'll give her. Like Wade, she's a bit of an odd pick for a publicity team, but so are 2/3 of the team I suppose lol.

Well at least Rogue acted like Rogue. xD
    I wish Emily was back too
    One of the few Inhumans I like
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 03-20-2023 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I wish Emily was back too
    One of the few Inhumans I like
    I like Emily, but I think she struggles in a team with telepaths. I know she was on the team with Cable, but he rarely uses his abilities as obviously as most psi's. Though I suppose Duggan could specialize her abilities similar to Karma and really emphasize her neural healing / adrenaline boosts and connection to animals maybe?

But agreed, one of the better Inhuman characters who questioned why a giant death cloud was ok when it was hurting other people.

Medusa's "I never knew it was dangerous!" act made exactly 0 sense later on given this scene.

Reading through UA vol 2 again and I forgot how funny Duggan could be.

And then she set him on fire. : D

Rogue art.

by Elmer Santos

Also does anyone else wish we get more Fleer Ultra Card art for Rogue? The 2018 set was absolutely beautiful but Rogue's sadly wasn't too impressive.

With a lot of recycled art from various runs. though I guess I wouldn't mind a holographic versions of some Werneck's Rogue pieces...

Sorry, the 90s kid in me sometimes can get enough of this stuff lol.

For what it's worth, I'll always love the Jim Lee version

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Rogue is one of my favorites, but I did not like her time on the previous volumes of UA. Reason is that it felt more like she became an Avenger. It never really felt like a Avengers/X-Men team. Just like an Avengers Team with some former X-Men on it.

What I really hope is that UA will now more be aligned with the X-Men, than with the Avengers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Rogue is one of my favorites, but I did not like her time on the previous volumes of UA. Reason is that it felt more like she became an Avenger. It never really felt like a Avengers/X-Men team. Just like an Avengers Team with some former X-Men on it.

What I really hope is that UA will now more be aligned with the X-Men, than with the Avengers.
    Oh it's definitely an Avengers team. It was based in Avengers locations, the members called themselves Avengers, and almost all the villains were associated with the Avengers gallery outside of a few here and there (e.g. Apocalypse Twins, Ahab, Juggernaut). It was basically an Avengers team that wanted to branch out and invite members from other teams to promote "unity".

That said, it never really mattered to me as long as the characters felt in-character and the stories were entertaining. While I think Rogue was a bit too overly hostile during Remember's run, I like that she was allowed to voice grievances fans had brought up before with the Avengers and characters like Wanda. I can't say Rogue was shown to fairly present or voice her side of the argument, because RR clearly favored one perspective, but at least we got some acknowledgement of that being an issue between the teams. Through Duggan's run in UA vol 2 I felt like Rogue swung the needle in the other direction too fast, in some parts she seemed overly comfortable and attached to the Avengers identity despite a lack of history with them but the stories told were so good I was able to look past that.

As for the X-Men, well they've never really felt the need to brand themselves the same way the Avengers have and they are more isolated than ever in this era. I'd be down for this team being more of an X-Men team, though, it just needs to make sense on why they're letting Steve, Quicksilver and Deadpool hang around when they've had issues with all three in the past. I remember them outright chasing Deadpool out of Krakoa not too long ago.

But anyway, it does sound like they might be dealing more with Krakoa and Krakoa-related issues given the plot summery we got about chasing down the Captain K imposter, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V
    For what it's worth, I'll always love the Jim Lee version
    An iconic picture for sure, but I'm greedy and want more pretty art lol.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 03-22-2023 at 04:59 AM.