Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Umm... Exactly when were Destiny and Mystique, and, Jaime Madrox and Layla Miller officially married? Please cite the title and issue(s) these blessed events took place. Thanks.
    I don't think we need a title and issue for Destiny and Mystique. They clearly refer to each other as "wife" and before her death Destiny was not published at a time when gay marriage was legal and has been referred to as her wife since she came back. I don't think they need a certificate to consider themselves married.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't think we need a title and issue for Destiny and Mystique. They clearly refer to each other as "wife" and before her death Destiny was not published at a time when gay marriage was legal and has been referred to as her wife since she came back. I don't think they need a certificate to consider themselves married.
    Jean and Scott are married in name and fact... But, being "consided" married isn't quite the same. Ask any life insurance agent.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Indeed!

Anyway, Rogue & Gambit should hit stories tomorrow. I'm just gonna kinda try to enjoy the action for the most part as I'm not too confident on Phillips characterization at this point, and I think (part of?) the big fight will happen in #3. Hoping Rogue gets some nice moments!
    Whoever made that joke about just writing our own dialogue for the unlettered pages was onto something, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    The characterization on that book is rough... I'm not big on Romy and even I think that's borderline abusive...
    After seeing how little the writer seems to know the characters, I'm seriously doubting her claims of being a fan of either. It's so weird to me Marvel puts writers on books they have so little interest in or knowledge on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood of Mutants
    Whoever made that joke about just writing our own dialogue for the unlettered pages was onto something, honestly.
    For real! Fan content wins once again.

Always been more of a physical relationship, my behind. D:<

After seeing how little the writer seems to know the characters, I'm seriously doubting her claims of being a fan of either. It's so weird to me Marvel puts writers on books they have so little interest in or knowledge on.
    I maintain that’s precisely why they courted this writer.

They absolutely had to be getting shit from their higher ups (rightfully so) for being the only Marvel office more white and male today than it was in the damn ‘80s.

So, they poach a young new female writer from DC to the write a book already mandated by Marvel execs. She has no leverage, so she’s not going to argue or push back about something being wildly OOC the way that someone like Kelly Thompson or Leah Williams would. She’s going to take their paint by numbers script and nod.

Is she a fan of the characters? Who cares! None of them certainly do!

God, it’s depressing.

Always been more of a physical relationship, my behind. D:<
    Lol exactly! It’s funny, because this is exactly why so many of their detractors (including a bunch of the men in that office over the years) always insist their relationship is “unrealistic”. Which says much more about them than it does the fictional couple they hate, tbh!

Anyway!

Haters have flat hair and no fashion sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilvanoshei View Post
    Posted this morning, but figured you guys would like to look at it too!
    *Edit - [ IMG ] BB code hates me, truly it does
    I GOT IT GUYS hahaha
    Notable exclusions in the (modern) Rogue Artists gallery:

Oliver Coipel, the gold standard

Carmen Carnero, even the brief use of Rogue in Captain Marvel burned an indelible impression, and that redesign deserves a revisit
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Carmen Carnero, even the brief use of Rogue in Captain Marvel burned an indelible impression, and that redesign deserves a revisit
    I loved Carnero's look! Way more punk rock than anything she has wore in recent times and it was good!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Both banger looks. It’s a crime that they keep trying to stagnate her. (And the erasure of “street clothes” this era has made that worse.) The girl takes fashion risks - for better or worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    Yeah have been disappointed by the characterization in this series, and the overall lack of attention to detail on how their powers work.

But as others have said, the art is great in this series , so i'm getting it mainly for that.

And I will say, that in this last issue it was fun seeing Rogue throw down with some villains, I just hope the fight continues next issue and we don't just jump to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    I maintain that’s precisely why they courted this writer.

They absolutely had to be getting shit from their higher ups (rightfully so) for being the only Marvel office more white and male today than it was in the damn ‘80s.

So, they poach a young new female writer from DC to the write a book already mandated by Marvel execs. She has no leverage, so she’s not going to argue or push back about something being wildly OOC the way that someone like Kelly Thompson or Leah Williams would. She’s going to take their paint by numbers script and nod.

Is she a fan of the characters? Who cares! None of them certainly do!

God, it’s depressing.
    Its sad that sounds like the most likely answer to this. I don't get how the comics are supposed to the brain / think tank for the MCU, if they hire people who don't even read their comics to write their books!

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood of Mutants
    Lol exactly! It’s funny, because this is exactly why so many of their detractors (including a bunch of the men in that office over the years) always insist their relationship is “unrealistic”. Which says much more about them than it does the fictional couple they hate, tbh!

Anyway!

Haters have flat hair and no fashion sense.
    Exactly. Not sure how people can label it "unrealistic" when things like long-distance relationships or relationships that have a partner that travels frequently exist...? It's not unheard of for people to have relationships without much physical intimacy for long-periods of time. Nothing unrealistic about that.

Agree on the flat hair being boring.

Also this is very unexpected... ? Romy fans crop up in strange places lol.
    https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/stat...93440363544577

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Its sad that sounds like the most likely answer to this. I don't get how the comics are supposed to the brain / think tank for the MCU, if they hire people who don't even read their comics to write their books!

Exactly. Not sure how people can label it "unrealistic" when things like long-distance relationships or relationships that have a partner that travels frequently exist...? It's not unheard of for people to have relationships without much physical intimacy for long-periods of time. Nothing unrealistic about that.

Agree on the flat hair being boring.

Also this is very unexpected... ? Romy fans crop up in strange places lol.
    https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/stat...93440363544577
    I have no clue what's supposed to be happening there but as a huge Black Mirror fan I was already looking forward to the new season and this is just the icing on the cake... maybe it's an episode on cosplaying? Either way the homage is very deliberate and those are clearly meant to be Rogue & Gambit.

Happy Mother's Day!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Happy Mother's Day!
    I always had a huge soft spot for this story and always wished Peter David wrote more of the main X-characters in addition to his X-Factor cast. He seemed to have such a good handle on characters he'd barely ever written before and this scene between Rogue and Mystique in particular was beautiful.

I also loved his "Tributes" to the dead: Mystique/Destiny, Doug Ramsey and Jean/Phoenix.

Re read the train wreck that was R&G 3 and I believe the fabulous author said that rogue "didn't know many mice that have the powers of captain marvel and the ability to absorb life energy"

Does the author know that rogues current powers are the result of absorbing Wonder Man, and not her old CM powers?