X-treme X-Men (2022)
    Rogue & Gambit (2023)

Other Media:
    X-Men 97' (2023)

Current Abilities:
    - Class 100 Superstrength
    - Invulnerability
    - Flight
    - Possibly other less frequently used powers absorbed from the Avenger Wonder Man
    - Ability to absorb memories, powers, life-force and skills through touch or through a ranged absorption

Happy new years everyone, hopefully 2023 offers us great future Rogue stories.

Happy New Year!!

Hopefully the new mini will be great

I haven't read Phillips' previous work but I've heard that she's a big Rogue fan and that the Smith/Claremont run is her favorite Rogue era

Happy New Year to Rogue and fans !

Happy New Year, Rogue fans!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Happy New Year!!

Hopefully the new mini will be great

I haven't read Phillips' previous work but I've heard that she's a big Rogue fan and that the Smith/Claremont run is her favorite Rogue era
    That's good to hear!

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Rogue

Late reply from last years thread but...

Quote Originally Posted by sbo
    2 seasons confirmed for x-men 97, that's good to hear.

Love that art work, always like to see Rogue take on Juggs.

And the art by Wicked looks like she's fighting some giant Doc Ock tentacles, but I'm guessing it's part of the danger room?
    Yep! Sadly from what was saw I think S1 is only 10 episodes long. So might only be 20 episodes for both, but who knows. Agreed, love seeing Rogue get to let loose in a fight with an equal or physically stronger opponent. The X-Men don't have enough of those unusually, compared to the Avengers. And yes, those are Danger Room tentacles, not Doc Ocks lol.

Anyway a general question for everyone, what sort of stories are you hopping for in the new year? I've seen a fair few people say that Rogue's story arc is over now that she has control of her powers, but I disagree. I think she has a lot of story potential going forward.

IMO some threads to explore
    - Last Name, her last name was kept a secret for so long, it'd be so anti-climatic if there isn't some twist to it.
    - Teenage Terrorist, I'm surprised no writers really explore this period in her life more and have things from that time come back to haunt her. I'm sure Rogue did more than terrorize Carol and Dazzler.
    - Queen of Thieves, what roles or responsibilities does she have as the wife of the organizations leader. I know Gambit has kept his distance from it during the Krakoa era, but he's still the leader in name at least, which should also affect Rogue.
    - Mutant Counselor or Villain Rehabilitation Advocate, both kind of tie together but basic idea is Rogue has a desire to give back and help others the way Xavier helped her. This has been expressed in tutoring younger mutants in their powers and helping them gain control as well as reaching out to troubled or misguided young supervillains who are not evil at their core.

As well as bringing back some personalized villains like
    - Pandemic, a scientist who stole Rogue's abilities and ran amok with them. Basically Dark Beast if he had Rogue's powers.
    - Pulse, not exactly a bad guy from what we know but he's connected to the underworld (e.g. Mystique) and his abilities do mirror Rogue's and could be easily be used in a conflict against her.
    - Vargas, last we saw he might have been assassinated but when has that ever stopped anyone in the MU, anyone I'm sure he still has a chip on his shoulder for Rogue considering he believed his and her destinies were intertwined.
    - Blindspot, like Pulse she does not seem intentionally amoral but she did cause a lot havoc the last time they met and she seems more than a little fond of Rogue. I can see her memory-altering abilities being used in manipulative ways to cause trouble again.

Anyway, what story-lines or interactions do y'all want to see in 2023?

Happy New Year fellow Rogue fans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Anyway a general question for everyone, what sort of stories are you hopping for in the new year? I've seen a fair few people say that Rogue's story arc is over now that she has control of her powers, but I disagree. I think she has a lot of story potential going forward.

IMO some threads to explore
    - Last Name, her last name was kept a secret for so long, it'd be so anti-climatic if there isn't some twist to it.
    - Teenage Terrorist, I'm surprised no writers really explore this period in her life more and have things from that time come back to haunt her. I'm sure Rogue did more than terrorize Carol and Dazzler.
    - Queen of Thieves, what roles or responsibilities does she have as the wife of the organizations leader. I know Gambit has kept his distance from it during the Krakoa era, but he's still the leader in name at least, which should also affect Rogue.
    - Mutant Counselor or Villain Rehabilitation Advocate, both kind of tie together but basic idea is Rogue has a desire to give back and help others the way Xavier helped her. This has been expressed in tutoring younger mutants in their powers and helping them gain control as well as reaching out to troubled or misguided young supervillains who are not evil at their core.
    Honestly I would LOVE to see any/all of these 4 things touched on. Add to that, I'd like tie up the dangling plotline on her deadbeat Dad Owen ... if he really even is her Father.

I'd adore seeing her in a mentorship position or with a young team of apprentices.

I desperately want Marvel to address the inherent conflict of being part of Krakoa and of the Thieves Guild and bring Rogue fully into her Queen title.

I think her powers should always have their challenging moments for her and even be her Achilles Heel at times and also her most amazing feat at others, but mostly that it's just a thing she struggles with for the rest of her life - good days and bad. I never want her to totally lose control again or make "no touch" her central plot. Because the struggle to maintain control is far more interesting at this point and going backwards would be boring. But having total control was a little too "easy button" and equally boring to me as well. A Rogue with human struggles is a Rogue I find relatable and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Honestly I would LOVE to see any/all of these 4 things touched on. Add to that, I'd like tie up the dangling plotline on her deadbeat Dad Owen ... if he really even is her Father.

I'd adore seeing her in a mentorship position or with a young team of apprentices.

I desperately want Marvel to address the inherent conflict of being part of Krakoa and of the Thieves Guild and bring Rogue fully into her Queen title.

I think her powers should always have their challenging moments for her and even be her Achilles Heel at times and also her most amazing feat at others, but mostly that it's just a thing she struggles with for the rest of her life - good days and bad. I never want her to totally lose control again or make "no touch" her central plot. Because the struggle to maintain control is far more interesting at this point and going backwards would be boring. But having total control was a little too "easy button" and equally boring to me as well. A Rogue with human struggles is a Rogue I find relatable and interesting.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one interested in these dangling plot-lines. Agreed, would love to learn what Owen is up to... if that is his real name. D:<

Still confused why Rogue and Gambit haven't been apart of any incarnations of the Marauders, they're the King and Queen of the Thieves. It's the perfect fit, though maybe Gambit wants to stay as far away as possible from the team name considering his history with it. also does Rogue get a fancy title like Queen of Hearts or something? that would be neat.

Either way, the Thieves Guild should be a resource that Krakoa exploits if nothing else, surprised the council haven't brought it up themselves; they're perfectly fine working with Mr Sinister and Apocalypse, but don't want to publicly associate with thieves? I wouldn't put that past them.

I suppose I can see the appeal of that theme for Rogue, sort of like a mental health concern? As some of those seem to wax and wane depending on different factors. It's not a bad set-up, just think they need to establish that association more closely; I think KT has already put some foundation for lack of lack of control with her absorption to the trauma(s) she's had throughout her life such as the time she was on Genosha when she was depowered and to the incident with Cody, but I wish other writers would acknowledge this development. I just don't want a retread of her angst in the 80s and 90s, they need to express this conflict in a different light; that's all I ask lol.

Nice to X-Men featured in media like that again.

Spoilers for today's Capatain Marvel #45 but spoilers:
    no Rogue in the issue sadly
    end of spoilers.

Can't wait to see more Rogue in 2023!

Also, hope the '97 TAS is good for Rogue.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Nice art, and good to see Rogue out in front like that

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Can't wait to see more Rogue in 2023!

Also, hope the '97 TAS is good for Rogue.
    Same here. I hope she's no longer as angsty as she was in the OG series
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Same here. I hope she's no longer as angsty as she was in the OG series
    I don't think her angst was over the top, she seemed pretty well balanced all things considered.