Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Soooooooooo I thought I should bring her BACK to the forefront. Shouldn't have to dig to find her thread. I blame you Marvel. Noting on our gal here? I didn't see anything about UA #5, Then again was she really in the book? sigh* I swear I saw a pic of her in the main X-men FoX book. Unless the new team don't start months from now.

Uncanny Avengers #5 isn't out till next week, but yea the lack of Rogue doing anything in that book has contributed to this threads decline IMO.

And yes, she'll be in the new FoX book, but it's written by Duggan so I'm not holding out hope. UA (2015) Duggan is so different compared to how he currently writes ignores Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Uncanny Avengers #5 isn't out till next week, but yea the lack of Rogue doing anything in that book has contributed to this threads decline IMO.

And yes, she'll be in the new FoX book, but it's written by Duggan so I'm not holding out hope. UA (2015) Duggan is so different compared to how he currently writes ignores Rogue.
    Ahhhh I see. Thanx for the update. Yea I don't know what the X office is doing. Duggan WAS the man back then but NOW? UUhhh I'll just give him the side eye until he wakes up. OMG did you SEE the outfit they have Rogue in?! Then again its WAY better than her 90's one by a small margin. I PRAY they didn't cut her hair. UUgh

Ahhhh I see. Thanx for the update. Yea I don't know what the X office is doing. Duggan WAS the man back then but NOW? UUhhh I'll just give him the side eye until he wakes up. OMG did you SEE the outfit they have Rogue in?! Then again its WAY better than her 90's one by a small margin. I PRAY they didn't cut her hair. UUgh
    Uncanny Avengers had some issues with distributing panel time, but I feel like it's been exacerbated since he came over to the X-Men office.

And yea, it looks like she went back to her villain-slicked back pixie cut.

I do like the red hoodie or scarf though, it's a nice contrast to all the green.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 12-12-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Uncanny Avengers had some issues with distributing panel time, but I feel like it's been exacerbated since he came over to the X-Men office.

I do like the red hoodie or scarf though, it's a nice contrast to all the green.
    I do love that she went back to that costume. Anything is better than the 90's costume!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I mean you're not wrong it does look good and Seccruz is right. Anything is BETTER than her staple 90's look. I just feel like some artists (or whoever has power) are just lazy and don't want to come up with something fresh and bad a$$ for Rogue. Heck even Colossus and Gambit. Although she does look gorgeous in that shot. I just hope that hair don't become the new norm for artists who don't like to draw long hair. I do have a question with the above picture of Rogue attacking Carol. I don't remember Rogue absorbing anyone before she took off to fight Ms Marvel. Unless I missed something because I'm pretty sure she couldn't smash that car window so easily. Then again hyped up on adrenaline will do it lol

I mean you're not wrong it does look good and Seccruz is right. Anything is BETTER than her staple 90's look. I just feel like some artists (or whoever has power) are just lazy and don't want to come up with something fresh and bad a$$ for Rogue. Heck even Colossus and Gambit. Although she does look gorgeous in that shot. I just hope that hair don't become the new norm for artists who don't like to draw long hair. I do have a question with the above picture of Rogue attacking Carol. I don't remember Rogue absorbing anyone before she took off to fight Ms Marvel. Unless I missed something because I'm pretty sure she couldn't smash that car window so easily. Then again hyped up on adrenaline will do it lol
    She absorbed someone on route to Carol... Then used their powers against her. And eventually permabsorbed Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She absorbed someone on route to Carol... Then used their powers against her. And eventually permabsorbed Carol.
    BWahahaha I can totally see it. "S'cuse me sugah. I need to borrow you." As she goes running by hand extended giving them a whack up side their head

I never noticed the artistic symmetry between John Romita Jr's retelling of the Ms Marvel vs Rogue encounter that left Carol powerless (UNCANNY X-MEN Vol 1, #203) and Rogue's first encounter with Carol Danvers as Binary (UNCANNY X-MEN Vol 1, #171) drawn by Walt Simonson.

It almost had to have been an intentional homage by Romita...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BWahahaha I can totally see it. "S'cuse me sugah. I need to borrow you." As she goes running by hand extended giving them a whack up side their head
    I think Brian Reed is the one who comes up with that explanation in his Ms. Marvel run. Issue 9, I believe.

This is the panel right before:

Schermata 2023-12-16 alle 11.13.05.jpg
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

BANNED

she absorbed someone on route to carol... Then used their powers against her. And eventually permabsorbed carol.
    Quote Originally Posted by calintz View Post
    bwahahaha i can totally see it. "s'cuse me sugah. I need to borrow you." as she goes running by hand extended giving them a whack up side their head
    i think brian reed is the one who comes up with that explanation in his ms. Marvel run. Issue 9, i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    this is the panel right before:

And, this is the entire sequence of events...

BANNED

Ahhh, thank you Micabe. That makes a whole lot of sense. I was wondering how she was handling that fight if her base powers were absorption at that time.

BANNED

Ahhh, thank you Micabe. That makes a whole lot of sense. I was wondering how she was handling that fight if her base powers were absorption at that time.
    It's all good

Wonder who she absorbed to fight Carol. Considering it looks like super-strength and who she is teammates with at the time, maybe Blob?