Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    **endless silent scream at the savage land outfit again**
    God, right? So many looks and they all default to the same shit over and over again
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    God, right? So many looks and they all default to the same shit over and over again
    That's how I feel when I see her Jim Lee outfit. I'm so far removed from that look its embarrassing for a Rogue fan

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    That's how I feel when I see her Jim Lee outfit. I'm so far removed from that look its embarrassing for a Rogue fan
    Same here. I've grown to hate that damn look. So basic for her. Coming from the 80's where she was always experimenting with her looks and trying to find her style, the 90's were stale as hell in that department... Also, big hair? Not her thing. She's a brawler, she can't flick hair off her face all the time.

Same here. I've grown to hate that damn look. So basic for her. Coming from the 80's where she was always experimenting with her looks and trying to find her style, the 90's were stale as hell in that department... Also, big hair? Not her thing. She's a brawler, she can't flick hair off her face all the time.
    Riiigghht! Tie that Shite back and throw some hands! I agree with how stale the creative team has been when it comes to designing a look for Rogue. I love what they did for Polaris, Jean, and Storm. They can do the same for Rogue. Stop being LAZY Marvel. And for all that is holy can we please give her some biker or brawler gloves. I know gloves are her thing, but those long Florence Nightingale gloves are a bit much in a fight.

Riiigghht! Tie that Shite back and throw some hands! I agree with how stale the creative team has been when it comes to designing a look for Rogue. I love what they did for Polaris, Jean, and Storm. They can do the same for Rogue. Stop being LAZY Marvel. And for all that is holy can we please give her some biker or brawler gloves. I know gloves are her thing, but those long Florence Nightingale gloves are a bit much in a fight.
    Lol! Right? She's punk/biker aesthetic... Also, her Y1 gala look was amazing. Do that, minus the crazy big collar

Lol! Right? She's punk/biker aesthetic... Also, her Y1 gala look was amazing. Do that, minus the crazy big collar
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more, seccruz!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more, seccruz!

It was such a stellar look! Shame that they went with the 90's one yet again...

And it totally looks like it was made for use it for her uniform.
    I don't know what editorial mandate they have to make the 90' costume such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I don't know what editorial mandate they have to make the 90' costume such a big deal.
    I definitely agree. There must have been some discussion happening behind the scenes because that was the second time that darker green was briefly added to her look in this era. I get the feeling they were getting close to changing her look but the 90's costume won out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Nostalgia, mostly.
    It's the look she had when she and Remy started being a thing... That alone has weight...

Hickman put Jean in the green dress for reasons and expected people to understand why and it didn't happen. I don't know if he explained why he did It.
    But seeing how little Rogue has been used during this era I doubt very much that there is any reason to keep that uniform.

Hickman put Jean in the green dress for reasons and expected people to understand why and it didn't happen. I don't know if he explained why he did It.
    But seeing how little Rogue has been used during this era I doubt very much that there is any reason to keep that uniform.
    Especially when she has many iconic looks!

Unfortunately I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Rogue is a popular well-known character who writers just aren't using well, so having her around in the costume people know her best in is a way to exploit her popularity without having to really write her.

IMO big hair is her thing. To me its part of her signature look. She looks off model whenever she has it short its flat and straight. She looks best with it long and wavy

I mean they did but they went and defaulted her back to her old design which was a mistake. The Excalibur look was a good modern take on that which didnt last nearly as long as it should have

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Unfortunately I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Rogue is a popular well-known character who writers just aren't using well, so having her around in the costume people know her best in is a way to exploit her popularity without having to really write her.
    True... Which is detrimental to Rogue in the long run