Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I have no clue what's supposed to be happening there but as a huge Black Mirror fan I was already looking forward to the new season and this is just the icing on the cake... maybe it's an episode on cosplaying? Either way the homage is very deliberate and those are clearly meant to be Rogue & Gambit.
    Yea, I've been inconsistent on Black Mirror but this is making me interested in checking back in again. But yes, a very obvious reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman
    Re read the train wreck that was R&G 3 and I believe the fabulous author said that rogue "didn't know many mice that have the powers of captain marvel and the ability to absorb life energy"

Does the author know that rogues current powers are the result of absorbing Wonder Man, and not her old CM powers?
    No, Phillips probably does not. It does not seem she did much if any research on these characters outside of maybe looking back at Duggan and Tini's recent runs. Phillips claim that she was a "fan" of both characters is very suspect at this point. Though whoever was editor is also at fault for missing this.

It's much funnier how Carol was christened "Captain Marvel" in that flashback scene, when she didn't even reclaim Ms. Marvel until much later. You just have to imagine every book featuring Sarah Brunstad's name is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    It's much funnier how Carol was christened "Captain Marvel" in that flashback scene, when she didn't even reclaim Ms. Marvel until much later. You just have to imagine every book featuring Sarah Brunstad's name is going to suck.
    Continuity and tone mistakes are definitely nothing new, especially when it’s someone unfamiliar or uncaring about a character, but this reminds me of how her and Remy’s “River Rat” and “Swamp Rat” nicknames for each other were mixed up in the last ‘92 mini, and how quaint that is in comparison to completely misremembering her current power set lmao.

(Adding insult to injury is how they all but chased three writers with a great grasp on character voices - Thompson, Williams, and Ayala - away from the X-Office.)

I already knew from experience that most Hollywood writing gigs are based on who - not what - you know, but it’s fun being reminded that the same is true for Big Two comics.

Storm #1 was fun
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 05-24-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Storm #1 was fun
    It was! Nocenti got Rogue down to a T!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Rogue introduced Kitty to the Bourbon.

We know how she started to flow with the Xmen haha lol.

Hope Rogue´s get a mini too. (Carey era please)

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Storm #1 was fun
    Yeah, too bad the art was so crummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    Continuity and tone mistakes are definitely nothing new, especially when it’s someone unfamiliar or uncaring about a character, but this reminds me of how her and Remy’s “River Rat” and “Swamp Rat” nicknames for each other were mixed up in the last ‘92 mini, and how quaint that is in comparison to completely misremembering her current power set lmao.

(Adding insult to injury is how they all but chased three writers with a great grasp on character voices - Thompson, Williams, and Ayala - away from the X-Office.)

I already knew from experience that most Hollywood writing gigs are based on who - not what - you know, but it’s fun being reminded that the same is true for Big Two comics.
    This hurt my soul to read because of how true everything you just wrote is...

Edit: FYI - ChronoRogue and I are chillin' in https://discord.gg/3CUTsyKy9U if you want to drop on by!
    Last edited by Kilvanoshei; 05-26-2023 at 09:44 AM.

Now that Marvel has ROM back, they can finally reprint Rogue's heel-face turn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^^^Music to my ears, Mon Ami! For bringing ROM back, you have my eternal gratitude
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-28-2023 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Music to my ears, Mon Ami! For bringing ROM back, you have my eternal gratitude
    Yay! The return of Rogue's real reason for ditching the Brotherhood!
    She tasted Rom's benevolence and found that she liked it more than being a villain. No Carol Danvers psyche influencing her. Now if only we could find out why Wyngarde had a hate on for Raven and pushed Rogue to run away would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Yay! The return of Rogue's real reason for ditching the Brotherhood!
    She tasted Rom's benevolence and found that she liked it more than being a villain. No Carol Danvers psyche influencing her. Now if only we could find out why Wyngarde had a hate on for Raven and pushed Rogue to run away would be great!
    OMG This soooo much! Man i hated it when some people thought Rogue was influenced by Carol's psyche. People giving carol all that praise. The writers knew better but let it ride.

Rogue didnt become "good" she always were good.

She was a teenager experiencing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    OMG This soooo much! Man i hated it when some people thought Rogue was influenced by Carol's psyche. People giving carol all that praise. The writers knew better but let it ride.
    KT was fully saying that... Pissed me off

I don't mind the idea that Carol's psyche did end up giving her a "new" perspective. It's not exactly "turning her good" so much as showing her via Carol's memories that life doesn't have to be all espionage and mutant terrorism to do something fulfilling in the world.

That said, her primary motivator back then was mostly just getting the ghost out of her head and less altruistic reasons. Which is honestly one of the more interesting motivations for a character to want to become an X-Men, compared to more cliche "we saw the error of ways" tropes.