Page 50 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Usually. Remember Avengers Arena? That had a lot of deaths.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Usually. Remember Avengers Arena? That had a lot of deaths.
    That was 2013. 10 years ago. Not the last 5 years where there are no casualties among legacy heroes without treating them as a cannon folder.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    The more I see the death of Titans, the more I want to appreciate Marvel for the good treatment with their legacy heroes. At least, they respect the young heroes there.
    Marvel killed a whole bus of X-kids back in the day.
    And their teen teams are nowhere to be seen on a regular basis.
    Runaways was cancelled, Young Avengers can’t seem to get another book no matter the fan interest, Champions was driven to the ground because of a Civil War copy, the last New Warriors book was cancelled before launch.
    And they refuse to give the New X-men a title again, even though it was the only popular teen X-book in more than a decade. All they get is cameos on other books.
    I’m not trying to defend DC, but Marvel is not much better when it comes to teen heroes.

If they're not used as cannon fodder they're just forgotten about.

But Mutants in general are the cannon fodder of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Runaways was cancelled, Young Avengers can’t seem to get another book no matter the fan interest, Champions was driven to the ground because of a Civil War copy, the last New Warriors book was cancelled before launch.
    And they refuse to give the New X-men a title again, even though it was the only popular teen X-book in more than a decade. All they get is cameos on other books.
    I’m not trying to defend DC, but Marvel is not much better when it comes to teen heroes.
    The pandemic was a contributing factor for both Champions and New Warriors. Outlawed #1 in March 2020, Champions #1 should've been in April 2020 but wasn't released until October. The momentum was lost. That break also gave them an easy excuse for New Warriors to be cancelled. New characters were to be introduced who were instantly hated as soon as they were revealed, and the storyline was supposed to tie-in to the Champions one (I suspect we lost out on other unannounced tie-ins too, as there was more characters on the Outlawed promo art - they did cancel quite a few tie-in books for the other summer 2020 event, Empyre). The ending of Champions had a Happy Ending Override in Devil's Reign too, as they basically ended up re-Outlawed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Regardless of every little thing that's happened over at Marvel (and I hated Avengers Arena, as well), I really did not like the slaughter-fest of Teen Titans during Johns Superboy Prime freakout (I don't like Baby Wildebeest or Pantha, particularly, but I didn't need to see Superboy Prime punch them to death, or 'heat vision' Bushido in half in a mysterious bloody pool, which, had it actually been *heat* vision, would have been cauterized, so instead it was, I guess, sword vision? axe vision? guillotine vision? Bad writing? Imma go with, bad writing.).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Regardless of every little thing that's happened over at Marvel (and I hated Avengers Arena, as well), I really did not like the slaughter-fest of Teen Titans during Johns Superboy Prime freakout (I don't like Baby Wildebeest or Pantha, particularly, but I didn't need to see Superboy Prime punch them to death, or 'heat vision' Bushido in half in a mysterious bloody pool, which, had it actually been *heat* vision, would have been cauterized, so instead it was, I guess, sword vision? axe vision? guillotine vision? Bad writing? Imma go with, bad writing.).
    This the thing, we need to get past the point of using deaths of characters as the trigger for a story. There can be drama and tension without constantly killing characters, especially within one single franchise. Yes, it can happen (police officers and firemen die every day in the line of duty) but when it gets to the point of being a common trope for writers to consistently fall back on, that's a sign of lazy writing. Taylor has already killed one former Titan over in Superman, SoK (Risk) and now on his second issue to kill another...very disappointed in him as a writer. He's proven he can do better in Nightwing and X-Men Red, I expect better here.

Do you guys really think he is going to kill Gar or Raven by issue two? People are overreacting a bit.
    Last edited by Drako; 03-19-2023 at 07:16 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Do you guys really think he is going to kill Gar or Raven by issue two? People are overreacting are bit.
    Yeah, even as someone with their issues with Taylor I can tell it's pretty likely going to be a fakeout.

I'm Hoping it's Raven since Brother Blood is somehow involved and we get a Resurrection of the Original Raven.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Well, it's better to be in limbo than be a sacrificial lamb for the plots driven.

I think the Titan they're killing off is Garth/Aqualad.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Do you guys really think he is going to kill Gar or Raven by issue two? People are overreacting a bit.
    It's Taylor writing the book, I highly doubt he will kill any of them.

No, but fake-out deaths and characters used as slasher fodder are played out.

Speaking of deaths just remembered Risk was killed in Nightwing. Not like he was showing up here, but it does go with the point most are making.

I just want the team to be established, and have a little fun before we get into stuff like this.

Sick of deaths and characters taking turns being Judas.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I can't believe they'll start a new Titans series with a major death and the "the team is falling apart" thing. It can't be real.
    Not again and not when they have to fill the hole left by the Justice League.