Page 85 of 187 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2796
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So i have a question for the hardcore and casual Teen Titans fans. Can you guys tell me why your excited for Bumblebee? What little I know of her comes from the TT animated series and while I did like her there I mostly hear she was pretty absent from comics Titans?
    She's a fun character whose potential was never explored much. Honestly, Mas as Guardian and the intro of Bumblebee were the highlights of the mid 70s Teen Titans run.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Agree 100%.
    Honestly, I didn't dislike the show...but I had no rooting value for Naomi yet. She had 6 issues of a mini out, and had just started appearing in JL.
    She didn't have enough backstory going yet for me to get a normal fanboy rush over "I can't wait to see how they do this in live action", or "I wonder if they'll include this part".

The proposed Yara Flor/Wonder Girl series would have failed for the same reason.

But then, thw WB has cancelled almost all their superhero shows anyway.
    That's more on the writing than her being new to comics. They didn't need a lot of srory as they would've crafted new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    He didn't really become the "heart" of the Bat Family until after his relationship with Starfire began. Pre-Crisis, it was around Jason's time as Robin. Post-Crisis, after Jason's death.
    I always thought the heart of the Batfamily was Alfred tbh.

Ultimate Member

So i have a question for the hardcore and casual Teen Titans fans. Can you guys tell me why your excited for Bumblebee? What little I know of her comes from the TT animated series and while I did like her there I mostly hear she was pretty absent from comics Titans?
    She is a victim (one of MANY at DC) of never getting shots or constant usage in the comics. Yet the tv side shows what she can do.

Now if that was just an oversight or the Monica Rambeau or Tyroc situations-we don't know.

Dc had a character that could of supplanted Wasp and Riri and Shuri. In fact the last Wasp book was originally pitched as Bumblebee's book.

Under the right hands she could have been DC's gateway character to get more readers (at least trades and OGN wise). For ALL characters not just TT.

Black woman with an interest in technology? With a husband in Mal and a child? I can name maybe 10 YA writers and have Jamal Campbell or Draper (Static's artist) do an OGN.

You got Beast Boy Loves Raven money and automatic buy in most school districts outside of Florida.

But then again I can say that for Jaime Reyes, Duke Thomas, Firestorm, Alan Scott's kids, Star Girl, Wonder Twins, Vixen and more who could do that.

Extraordinary Member

When are the actual comics going to show how Mal looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I always thought the heart of the Batfamily was Alfred tbh.
    I've considered him to be more of an enabler. Sure, he says a lot of stuff to try and keep things civil, but actions speak louder than words, and Alfred is a man of inaction.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Dc had a character that could of supplanted Wasp and Riri and Shuri. In fact the last Wasp book was originally pitched as Bumblebee's book.
    Unstoppable Wasp isn't the last Wasp book, there was a recent mini starring Janet. But yeah, DC turned it down, Marvel happened to have just introduced a new Wasp in Avengers, and they accepted the pitch.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For me, Bumblebee had something that to this day is still quite rare in comics: She was a female character with a talent for technology that gave herself her own powers. I'd love for her to get more page time, showing her as one of the Titans residents tech genius, instad of always giveing this role to Vic (and nothing against him, for I love the character, and this Tech prodigy aspect of the character).

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    For me, Bumblebee had something that to this day is still quite rare in comics: She was a female character with a talent for technology that gave herself her own powers.
    It is very cool to see a woman *or* a black character who develops their own powers. Some in the past have gotten powers gifted to them (generally by a male inventor), or had experiments done upon them (by a white dude), so a black woman who not only designed and developed her own powers tech, but also ends up designing stuff for her boyfriend? That's totally cool, and throws the balance of several 'power couples' on it's head. (Marvel used to be super-bad about this. Janet gets her powers from Hanks inventions, as does Bill Foster. Luke Cage is experimented upon by a white dude, while his best friend Danny fights a frikkin' dragon to earn his powers! Even Sue Richards got her powers from something her husband did. DC has less hero couples, or 'black sidekicks,' so they've neatly avoided this.)

^Marvel has been better at that of late. Nadia Van Dyne and Riri Williams both reverse engineered technology (from Hank Pym and Tony Stark respectively), and gave themselves their own powers. Only after they made their suits did they join up with their mentors, Janet and Tony. Moon Girl makes her own inventions too. Hallows' Eve got her powers from another woman (Goblin Queen).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post

Edit: Raven's lips with her hood down doesn't match the design next to her at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I noticed that about Raven too, I actually thought they were comparing the different versions at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they were trying to capture more of a Perez vibe with the first Raven design.
    The eyes are also very different so I think they ARE different ideas being compared...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Been meaning to ask can I read Titans #1 without knowing what is happening on the Nightwing comic of should I play catch up with Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Been meaning to ask can I read Titans #1 without knowing what is happening on the Nightwing comic of should I play catch up with Nightwing?
    You don't really need to. Maybe read just Nightwing #100, it the only one that really matters to the current book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Saw this on Twitter, posted by Jorge Jimenez, might as well post here too.

Small sample size, but at least is something. Hopefully it keeps going strong. Top 10 is farfetch, but top 25 to 30 would be good, since Nightwing usually appears in the top 50 of Icv2.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...omics-may-2023
    Last edited by Drako; 06-07-2023 at 10:28 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I've just about given up on properly gauging sales at this point.