Page 84 of 187 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2796

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Attachment 132215Attachment 132216

In the animated version i would say Star and Beastboy. In the live action version it’s beastboy.
    In the comics it’s weird, dick is the heart of the batfamily, so it might seem like that should slide wherever he goes. He is also the titans Face, and the leader.
    He didn't really become the "heart" of the Bat Family until after his relationship with Starfire began. Pre-Crisis, it was around Jason's time as Robin. Post-Crisis, after Jason's death.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    He didn't really become the "heart" of the Bat Family until after his relationship with Starfire began. Pre-Crisis, it was around Jason's time as Robin. Post-Crisis, after Jason's death.
    The batfamily 1, Bruce dick and Alfred Batfamily 2 Bruce dick Alfred and Babs, I would call Alfred the heart.
    I’d actually say it was after Jason died and after he broke up with starfire (solo Nightwing year 1) when he begins to become the batfamily heart

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Still wonder why Raven's skin is grey but then again a lot of the magic characters afterwards had non-normal skin too.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Agree 100%.
    Honestly, I didn't dislike the show...but I had no rooting value for Naomi yet. She had 6 issues of a mini out, and had just started appearing in JL.
    She didn't have enough backstory going yet for me to get a normal fanboy rush over "I can't wait to see how they do this in live action", or "I wonder if they'll include this part".

The proposed Yara Flor/Wonder Girl series would have failed for the same reason.

But then, thw WB has cancelled almost all their superhero shows anyway.
    I felt the same when they introduced the new Batwoman in Season 2. My brain kept going "This person isn't in the comics. Why are you watching this?" so I stopped.

Weird decisions from CW.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Still wonder why Raven's skin is grey but then again a lot of the magic characters afterwards had non-normal skin too.

I felt the same when they introduced the new Batwoman in Season 2. My brain kept going "This person isn't in the comics. Why are you watching this?" so I stopped.

Weird decisions from CW.
    They just really wanted a black woman under the cowl there even if they had to create a brand new character for it.

Which gets funny cause later in the season Kate does show up again with a new actress meaning simply recasting Kate instead of creating an entirely new character whole-cloth was on the table.

Which makes me half-convinced had the show lasted longer they most likely would have brought in Jace Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The batfamily 1, Bruce dick and Alfred Batfamily 2 Bruce dick Alfred and Babs, I would call Alfred the heart.
    I’d actually say it was after Jason died and after he broke up with starfire (solo Nightwing year 1) when he begins to become the batfamily heart
    Without capitalization and punctuation this is taken so out of context.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Weird decisions from CW.
    Also, Mary Hamilton was based on the comic book character Mary Elizabeth "Bette" Kane. So why did she become Poison Ivy, and not Flamebird?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    They just really wanted a black woman under the cowl there even if they had to create a brand new character for it.

Which gets funny cause later in the season Kate does show up again with a new actress meaning simply recasting Kate instead of creating an entirely new character whole-cloth was on the table.

Which makes me half-convinced had the show lasted longer they most likely would have brought in Jace Fox.
    Luke Fox, Batwing was part of the cast, so yeah, I could certainly imagine Jace showing up in season 4.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Pretty cool. Same line-up from the World's Finest: Teen Titans book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Heavily leaning into the YJ designs aside from Wally, Karen (who has her DCAMU design), and Donna.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I dig it. Wally and Roy's streamlined costumes look especially nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heavily leaning into the YJ designs aside from Wally, Karen (who has her DCAMU design), and Donna.
    Of course, Donna doesn't have a lot of animation to draw from, she wasn't in Teen Titans, she barely appeared in Young Justice (and never in costume if I remember right). And I assume in the DCAMU she wore a look that'd be outdated for her in the comics nowadays? Same reason Flash's look in that art isn't from the cartoons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

So i have a question for the hardcore and casual Teen Titans fans. Can you guys tell me why your excited for Bumblebee? What little I know of her comes from the TT animated series and while I did like her there I mostly hear she was pretty absent from comics Titans?
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 06-02-2023 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So i have a question for the hardcore and casual Teen Titans fans. Can you guys tell me why your excited for Bumblebee? What little I know of her comes from the TT animated series and while I did like her there I mostly here she was pretty absent from comics Titans?
    Well, she's kind of an "original" Titan from the Silver Age who has never really gotten her due.

Bumblebee also got used well in one of the (more better) Doom Patrol runs. Which probably helped to raise her profile a bit.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's kind of an "original" Titan from the Silver Age who has never really gotten her due.
    This. 100%.