Page 51 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I can't believe they'll start a new Titans series with a major death and the "the team is falling apart" thing. It can't be real.
    Not again and not when they have to fill the hole left by the Justice League.
    I assume the death is a fake out. 'Team falling apart' two issues in is either a fake out, an excuse to revamp the team early on (there are better ways to do a revamp at any point of a series)or the theme of this book is going to be 'Titans aren't ready to take the JL's role'.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think the Titan they're killing off is Garth/Aqualad.
    I think that would require him joining the team and he probably would've been advertised that way if he was unless it was just to have cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that would require him joining the team and he probably would've been advertised that way if he was unless it was just to have cannon fodder.
    Have you ever read the beggining of the original Titans Hunt? Aqualad and Golden Eagle as cannon fodder? (and I say this as someone who really liked Titans Hunt, although I do think they streached it out too long, and added way too much into it.)

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think the Titan they're killing off is Garth/Aqualad.
    Garth/Tempest. He hasn't been Aqualad since the 90s, and with the 2010s Aqualad already promoted to Aquaman there is no Aqualad currently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Have you ever read the beggining of the original Titans Hunt? Aqualad and Golden Eagle as cannon fodder? (and I say this as someone who really liked Titans Hunt, although I do think they streached it out too long, and added way too much into it.)

Peace
    I read the Dan Abnett version .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I read the Dan Abnett version .
    You should try it. It was an attempt by Marv Wolfman to reinvigorate the series after Perez left the second time. It started out real strong, with a couple of casualities to show how "serious" the threats really were (sort of what, I guess, they'll try to do here). As I said, it streched out too long, IMHO, and they tried adding way too much stuff (it was like they were brainstorming without any kind of filter, just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what stuck - for exemple, it was around that time that they introduced the Team Titans). Anyway, if you manage to skip a bit the clutter, IMHO, it's still pretty good stuff. I wish DC had collected it (instead of, for exemple, Titans Total Chaos, which, IMHO, is much weaker stuff).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    You should try it. It was an attempt by Marv Wolfman to reinvigorate the series after Perez left the second time. It started out real strong, with a couple of casualities to show how "serious" the threats really were (sort of what, I guess, they'll try to do here). As I said, it streched out too long, IMHO, and they tried adding way too much stuff (it was like they were brainstorming without any kind of filter, just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what stuck - for exemple, it was around that time that they introduced the Team Titans). Anyway, if you manage to skip a bit the clutter, IMHO, it's still pretty good stuff. I wish DC had collected it (instead of, for exemple, Titans Total Chaos, which, IMHO, is much weaker stuff).

Peace
    I believe it was editorially mandated by then-new Titans editor Jonathan Petersen, who apparently felt Wolfman had fallen into a rut with the characters. Wolfman had gone as far as he could with the characters, having all but resolved all the storylines and arcs he'd started them on, and honestly, he was doing rather safe stories with them in which the stakes virtually didn't exist anymore. Also, killing off the recently re-introduced/post-Crisis version of Golden Eagle about a year or so after he'd shown up in Secret Origins Annual #3 just felt mean-spirited, especially after he'd earlier insisted that GE, Duela Dent, Gnaark, and probably Betty Kane had all been erased by COIE within the letter column.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I believe it was editorially mandated by then-new Titans editor Jonathan Petersen, who apparently felt Wolfman had fallen into a rut with the characters. Wolfman had gone as far as he could with the characters, having all but resolved all the storylines and arcs he'd started them on, and honestly, he was doing rather safe stories with them in which the stakes virtually didn't exist anymore. Also, killing off the recently re-introduced/post-Crisis version of Golden Eagle about a year or so after he'd shown up in Secret Origins Annual #3 just felt mean-spirited, especially after he'd earlier insisted that GE, Duela Dent, Gnaark, and probably Betty Kane had all been erased by COIE within the letter column.
    Yes, the tensions between Marv and editorial at that time are quite well documented, and I agree with your assessment of Wolfman's work previous to the Titans Hunt. His muse seemed to be extinct. As a fan, though I hardly had much knowledge of him then, before or after COIE, Golden Eagle's "death" (and "Garth's") didn't really sit well with me. Plus, I don't know if it was really his, but kudos on Tom Grumett's redesign of the character.

Peace

Incredible Member

Titans West in the DC's Legion of Bloom

Those are massive foreheads on Dove and Flamebird.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

YAY Flamebird is back! Now if someone would just use her well. So Titans West is Bett, Hawk, Dove and Bumblebee?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Titans West in the DC's Legion of Bloom

I think this is the first time we've seen Bette suited up and doing stuff in years.

Can we get an actual Titans West book now?

Hmmm but which Flamebird? Thara Ak-Var?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm but which Flamebird? Thara Ak-Var?
    I'd prefer Thara over Bette but Bette became Hawkfire during the new 52. So there's room for both.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-21-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    YAY Flamebird is back! Now if someone would just use her well. So Titans West is Bett, Hawk, Dove and Bumblebee?
    Not really. It was just Bettie saying that.
    But not against the idea of Titans West and they could start with this tram and build from there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.