Page 149 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2796
    Astonishing Member

I was so excited by Titans Hunt, and had a feeling it was leading to the return of Wally. I think the story made it kinda evident. There were elements of Abnett's story I liked, but I think he mostly dropped the ball. He may have had his hands tied by editorial. The ongoing that followed was even more disappointing. Then editorial stepped in again and changed the line up -- and I dropped the book.

I'm very happy that World's Finest: Teen Titans is a thing. It's the best Titans series in 10 years or more. Hope it continues. I guess will have to end at some point -- since the team would eventually disband before forming the one with Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, and Changeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats kind of the job though.
    ^^^Oh I know, which makes it all the more jarring when it plays out more “realistically”.

Amazing Member

deleting message because it is invalid.
    Last edited by GreyFox; 10-13-2023 at 05:54 AM. Reason: did not read far back enough

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    A bit late to the thread, but when it comes to Deathstroke, was it not merely implied that he had slept with Terra, but Priest eventually revealed that he had not?

Do people prefer to ignore that?
    I hope they never ignore that. Slide is not a good person and it was a mistake that DC tried to make him some sort of anti-hero. He was not meant to be the Punisher, or Wolverine. As for his toxic and barbaric relationship with Terra, I never seen her as a victim the same way I would see a normal sixteen-year old. She was a psychopath and a narcissist. Killing her was the right decision, even though I liked her (mostly for her powers) at the time.
    I'm all for the her to be alive only if she's a clone that had her psychopathic tendencies removed somehow.

People who hate Slide should always throw his statutory rape in his face as much as possible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    People who hate Slide should always throw his statutory rape in his face as much as possible.
    This is the only way I can really tolerate him in any appearance, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    ^^^Great cover, but DAMN I’m tired of seeing Amanda Waller, if only because she used to be such a layered, complex character, not just a whackadoodle govt. goon villain w. delusions of grandeur.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This seems nice if you're a fan of the BBxRaven ship. Probably the most romance we'll get in the book.

Would people want to see Golden Eagle make a return? I would. When I was a kid, I loved Perez's redesign. If he could make a comeback, I would like to see a revamp of Johns' recon from his Hawkman series. Too many Titans have either been killed or turned into villains, and it's just played out.
    I would also love to see Bette back as Flamebird. It was such a missed opportunity to keep her as Batwoman's partner. She is the original Bat-girl, after all.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Great cover, but DAMN I’m tired of seeing Amanda Waller, if only because she used to be such a layered, complex character, not just a whackadoodle govt. goon villain w. delusions of grandeur.
    Oh yeah she has become an absolutely obnoxious character, worsened by the fact she barely receives any consequences for her actions.

Makes her incredibly insufferable.

This is not a criticism but I just now realized how much Raven looks like 2003 Jinx.

[IMG]https://aiptcomics.com/ezoimgfmt/***********/aiptcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Titans-4-2.jpg?w=832&ssl=1&ezimgfmt=ng:webp/ngcb2[/IMG]

I guess Nicola Scott really likes that design.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is not a criticism but I just now realized how much Raven looks like 2003 Jinx.
    She is going through a pink phase.

In terms of the preview not much to say other than the writer clearly loves the Beast Boy and Raven ship.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-14-2023 at 04:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Would people want to see Golden Eagle make a return? I would. When I was a kid, I loved Perez's redesign. If he could make a comeback, I would like to see a revamp of Johns' recon from his Hawkman series. Too many Titans have either been killed or turned into villains, and it's just played out.
    Last I recall, he was the sex slave (!!) of some part-Martian future person named Forerunner? Yikes.

On the one hand, that would be an interesting angle to explore, assuming he's gotten away from that. Maybe explore the 'survivor of sexual abuse' angle that seemed to be teased with Emerson Grant / Damage back in the day, and then was abandoned along with the character himself. OTOH, I'm not sure I want some half-assed terribly un-aware exploration of that sort of topic in a comic book...

I kinda wish Charlie had been used in the Azrael role back in the Wolfman/Perez days. Some wide-eyed kid seduced into the Cult to play the role of 'angel' for the masses, living his best life as a walking bit of cult propaganda, and utterly clueless about the cults darker agenda, bamboozled by Blood's charm, a rich diet of lies and an entourage of equally clueless young fellow worshippers looking up to him with stars in their eyes. (And ending up perhaps resentful of being rescued from that glamorous life by the other Titans, revealing the ugly truth behind the Church of Blood to him, and the world...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Last I recall, he was the sex slave (!!) of some part-Martian future person named Forerunner? Yikes.

On the one hand, that would be an interesting angle to explore, assuming he's gotten away from that. Maybe explore the 'survivor of sexual abuse' angle that seemed to be teased with Emerson Grant / Damage back in the day, and then was abandoned along with the character himself. OTOH, I'm not sure I want some half-assed terribly un-aware exploration of that sort of topic in a comic book...

I kinda wish Charlie had been used in the Azrael role back in the Wolfman/Perez days. Some wide-eyed kid seduced into the Cult to play the role of 'angel' for the masses, living his best life as a walking bit of cult propaganda, and utterly clueless about the cults darker agenda, bamboozled by Blood's charm, a rich diet of lies and an entourage of equally clueless young fellow worshippers looking up to him with stars in their eyes. (And ending up perhaps resentful of being rescued from that glamorous life by the other Titans, revealing the ugly truth behind the Church of Blood to him, and the world...)
    Well, Golden Eagle didn't actually HATE being Viza'aziv's "toy".... he was more annoyed that she was in charge of HIS ship. But Viza went and became the progenitor of a new fledgling world... and a future race of Martian hybrid abominations. Also, when Viza left the ship Golden Eagle told the crew to fly him back home.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She is going through a pink phase.

^^^Dammit, Gar. Stop shaving your chest!