Page 8 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm not even sure Dark Crisis had a theme, everything that happened during that event was forced and all payoffs felt unearned. Even the Titans 'big moment' was off.

The announcement for a Titans book has already been delayed too long. A July announcement would feel too late.

I'm not even sure Taylor's Nightwing is good/ critically acclaimed or gets a free pass from fans because of what came before it.
    I assume DC hope that Nightwing readers will pick up the Titans book after one arc of showing the team operating in Bludhaven.
    Currently Nightwing is one of DC's top selling books, while books like Titans United (that notably is out of continuity, but still) hardly sell. And it's not just this book. Almost all of DC's new books are going to be minis. Green arrow is getting a mini, Jon Kent is getting a mini, even bat-brands that should be strong sellers like Robin and Batgirls are struggling with sales and aren't even in the top 100.
    So I assume that DC are trying to play it safe. They attach the Titans book to one of their top sellers and hope that it will lead Titans fans to read Nightwing, and later that Nightwing fans to pick up the new Titans book.

And from the solicitations it seems that Nightwing 100 is continuing just after Dark crisis, so if we consider the Nightwing book as a prelude to the Titans book, there's basically no delay in them stepping up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's rather sad that the Titans have gotten the best build up they have had in ages...their appearanes in B/S World's Finest, Dark Crisis...they are supposedly the next Justice League, taking their place on the podium...but DC has such little faith in them as a concept that there's not even a book on the horizon. If DC truly believed the Titans to be taking the place of the Justice League, I would have thought the best place to start their book would have been off the hype of the end of Dark Crisis.
    i feel cyncial saying this since it doesnt feel like a build up, for the titans. Apart from NIGHTWING none of the titans did anything in dark crisis save for Raven. and I have enjoyed getting some C storyline time with them, but even that stems from Dick. Its been a build up for him. In the upcoming Lazarus planet it looks like we are gonna get time with Cyborg, and Raven but thats all, if covers are to be belived

Extraordinary Member

F4A018F8-4F59-46CD-9A67-06977D78B0FD.jpg

Teen titans Dark

Of new gen kids

YJ 4 seem to all have books solo or family for now

That's a terrible name .

So is Justice League Dark. Maybe we can have a teen version of the Suicide Squad called the Self-Harm Squad.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I assume DC hope that Nightwing readers will pick up the Titans book after one arc of showing the team operating in Bludhaven.
    Currently Nightwing is one of DC's top selling books, while books like Titans United (that notably is out of continuity, but still) hardly sell. And it's not just this book. Almost all of DC's new books are going to be minis. Green arrow is getting a mini, Jon Kent is getting a mini, even bat-brands that should be strong sellers like Robin and Batgirls are struggling with sales and aren't even in the top 100.
    So I assume that DC are trying to play it safe. They attach the Titans book to one of their top sellers and hope that it will lead Titans fans to read Nightwing, and later that Nightwing fans to pick up the new Titans book.

And from the solicitations it seems that Nightwing 100 is continuing just after Dark crisis, so if we consider the Nightwing book as a prelude to the Titans book, there's basically no delay in them stepping up.
    Robin isn't selling because the art is horrid and the writing is doing a remarkable job at character assassination for multiple characters. Batgirls wouldn't hurt from a change in the art direction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    F4A018F8-4F59-46CD-9A67-06977D78B0FD.jpg

Teen titans Dark

Of new gen kids

YJ 4 seem to all have books solo or family for now
    Well, I guess that's the team with Flatline, Red Canary and Stitch that DC teased in the Dawn of DC promo. Not bad imo.

Seems like it. Makes sense too, as Stitch actually had a Young Justice Dark team in Teen Titans Academy.

EDIT: Look at the last question:
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/01/12/t...s-planet-alpha
    Uhhhhhhhh, is Batman okay?
    I mean, who can say whether Batman is ever okay? But after absorbing Nezha’s magic, he’s looking…particularly gnarly. Are we about to go down the Event Road of yet another evil Batman? And who could possibly stop him? Well, we remember how Death Metal went. Maybe Wonder Woman’s not busy. Oh, she is? Well…let’s pray to whatever gods Jaime’s scarab has that someone else can pull us out of the fire this time. Maybe Teen Titans Dark.

Teen Titans Dark is DEFINITELY a thing.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-16-2023 at 02:38 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really hope they're not named like that lol.
    Justice League Dark was bad enough.

All this while Shadowpact is forgotten...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Once upon a time, Grant Morrison decided to model the JLA after the Greek Pantheon and moved the membership from 7 to 12. Let's say the Titans get a book, a fantastic writer and a phenomenal artist and they want to model the Titans after the Titans of Greek mythology and there were twelve of them. Who else would you add to the team of Nightwing, Troia, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Flash....that's five need seven more...

My additional members would be
    Flamebird
    Argent
    Powerhouse
    Bunker
    Monkey Prince
    Bolt
    Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really hope they're not named like that lol.
    Justice League Dark was bad enough.

All this while Shadowpact is forgotten...
    I know, right?! Not to mention The Sentinels of Magic

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-16-2023 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Not to mention The Sentinels of Magic

Surprised Johns hasn't brought this back.

Looks like Power Girl took at trip into Dan Didios dreams.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Looks like Power Girl took at trip into Dan Didios dreams.

I need context. Time travel?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I need context. Time travel?
    More like she ended in Lilith's mind and was exposed to her worst fears
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 01-17-2023 at 08:48 AM.