Page 166 of 187 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2796

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hasn't Roy cleaned himself up pretty well now?
    Funnily enough Cheshire encouraged that. So Cheshire was to some extent a GOOD influence on Roy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Kyle is a better choice, but DC needs to sort up other things for her first before a relationship.
    Hmm is Kyle still dating Sinestro jr, or Jade?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm is Kyle still dating Sinestro jr, or Jade?
    Her name is Soranik .

I don't think Kyle's dating anybody right now. All the GL's are currently single.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I want Kyle/DOnna back together.

They really need to work on getting Kori into a new notable relationship as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I want Kyle/DOnna back together.

They really need to work on getting Kori into a new notable relationship as well.
    I vote swamp thing

I'd rather develop Donna and Kory as individuals before throwing either of them into another relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her name is Soranik .

I don't think Kyle's dating anybody right now. All the GL's are currently single.
    Yeah. Hal wanted to reconnect with Carol Ferris, but she already has a boyfriend, so currently she's only his boss.

Even though 97% of all female Superheroes have long hair.

At least they didn't try to make it short.
    Well 97% is an exaggeration but it's definitely a large percentage. But yeah, since Kory has that effect where the bottom of her hair looks like fire when she's flying, it doesn't make a lot of sense for her to cut it off. The only time I've seen her with short hair is in a Nightwing Elseworlds book in which all metahumans and aliens were depowered, making them effectively like normal humans.

Of course things change over time. Wonder Woman's hair was originally shoulder length, it only got to it's present long length in the late 60s (around the time she was depowered for a bit). Cassie Sandsmark started out with short hair and a bobbed wig, but later grew her's out. Rogue started with short hair, which changed to a mullet and then long hair. Donna Troy, Carol Danvers, Storm, and Kitty Pryde have all cut theirs and grown it long again. Fashions change over time, superheroes aren't an exception to that. Long hair is fashionable in real life nowadays. How often do you see a girl in their teens or 20s with a bob or pixie? Certainly not as often as you would've 30 years ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd rather develop Donna and Kory as individuals before throwing either of them into another relationship.
    You could always do both .

You could always do both .
    But it would be much better to develop them first instead of pandering to most male comics fans' tendency to view super-heroines as fantasy girlfriends who exist first and foremost to be some male heroes' shoe-horned-in girlfriend. The fact that a lot of guys on these boards (including, respectfully, you, Frontier) don't really like to have this assumption challenged speaks to comics fans deeply ingrained male chauvinism.

Incredible Member

I still say Kory and Victor should have been in a relationship in the Odyssey comic.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Beast World #1 wasn't crap. I had no idea who Doctor Hate was cuz I skipped Knight Terrors. Not sure what Waller's end goal is by turning everyone into furries.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    But it would be much better to develop them first instead of pandering to most male comics fans' tendency to view super-heroines as fantasy girlfriends who exist first and foremost to be some male heroes' shoe-horned-in girlfriend. The fact that a lot of guys on these boards (including, respectfully, you, Frontier) don't really like to have this assumption challenged speaks to comics fans deeply ingrained male chauvinism.
    I just like watching characters explore relationships, both platonic and romantic.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Who doesn't like to have it challenged? I haven't seen anyone say Donna or Kory shouldn't be developed as individuals and just turned into shoe-horned girlfriends.

This is such a weird take, especially because nobody here was asking for Donna or Kory to be treated as some kind of "fantasy girlfriend". People just like to see different dynamics to be explored in a team book.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Beast World #1 wasn't crap. I had no idea who Doctor Hate was cuz I skipped Knight Terrors. Not sure what Waller's end goal is by turning everyone into furries.
    Honestly, I'm just not a fan of Waller being a full on villain. Also, Taylor seems to have some kind of beef with Batman.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 12-05-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    This is such a weird take, especially because nobody here was asking for Donna or Kory to be treated as some kind of "fantasy girlfriend". People just like to see different dynamics to be explored in a team book.

Honestly, I'm just not a fan of Waller being a full on villain. Also, Taylor seems to have some kind of beef with Batman.
    I'm okay with how Taylor writes Batman, too many other writers try to justify Batman's bad calls and pretend he's always in the right.

What was wrong with Taylor's Batman? Raven tried to take a shot at Robin, but Batman pretty much immediately made her look kind of silly as he talked to Nightwing with absolute trust and respect.