Page 49 of 187 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it was Red X, they'd be celebrating. Isn't he still at large after TT Academy? One Red X is dead, but his mentor escaped, if I remember right?
    Yeah, I think you're right but while they wouldn't mourn the current Red X being found dead. I really don't think they'd celebrate finding his murdered body in their brand new HQ.

My first thought was Beast Boy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no reason the murdered Titan has to be a current team member.
    My issue is that there is no need for a current or former Titan to be murdered at all. Shock value deaths and betrayals are played out tropes for this franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    After reading the solicit and if it's going to be a core member why do I got a feeling that it is a toss up between Gar or Raven. There is going to be a new Brother Blood and the Church of Blood are known to have a connection to both Trigon and the Red.
    I would be surprised if either of them got killed off, they're decently popular.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Man, it better not be Garth. Assuming this art is correct and hasn't been photoshopped to hide the dead Titan's identity. I'm going to guess that it is Bunker or Red X. It looks like a male with a skull cap type of costume which they probably want us to think is Wally but all know it isn't. I think the wording in the solict is purposely misleading to make us think it is one the 7 current Titans.
    I don't think they would be bothered by the current Red X getting killed off, he manipulated and killed one of their students, unless TTA got retconed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    TITANS #2
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art and cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    Variant covers by JEN BARTEL and CLAY MANN
    1:25 variant cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    1:50 variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    Swimsuit variant cover by JOE QUINONES
    The Flash movie variant cover by EDWIN GALMON
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/20/23
    A Titan is murdered!
    Will the new era for the Titans end almost as soon as it’s begun? After one of their own is found dead, the remaining Titans must look for answers before more blood spills. Can they outrun the horrible fate they’ve been dealt? Plus, a new Brother Blood rises as the team begins to fall apart!

What a weird solicitation for an issue #2 lmao. It's probably someone from the main cast and they get resurrected at some point of the arc.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 03-17-2023 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    What a weird solicitation for an issue #2 lmao. It's probably someone from the main cast and they get resurrected at some point of the arc.
    Yeah, it's totally screaming 'revamped character becoming a member in the opening arc' to me.
    Maybe it's Danny Chase!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Man, it better not be Garth. Assuming this art is correct and hasn't been photoshopped to hide the dead Titan's identity. I'm going to guess that it is Bunker or Red X. It looks like a male with a skull cap type of costume which they probably want us to think is Wally but all know it isn't. I think the wording in the solict is purposely misleading to make us think it is one the 7 current Titans.
    Well, maybe the team will get redefined then someone get killed?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My first thought was Beast Boy.
    It would serve as an excuse for revamping him to no longer require the green coloration, if they want to lean away from that and allow him to just turn into animals of their natural coloration. I'd laugh if de-greened Garfield looked like Ryan Potter. (Did we ever see Garfield's birth parents in the comics? I don't even remember them, just post adoption 'parents' Rita Farr and Steve Dayton...)

Although I'd expect it to be Raven, first, since she's already got that sort of baked in to her daughter-of-Trigon schtick. She's already, IIRC, returned once as White Gandalf. Oh, sorry, I meant White Raven.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would serve as an excuse for revamping him to no longer require the green coloration, if they want to lean away from that and allow him to just turn into animals of their natural coloration. I'd laugh if de-greened Garfield looked like Ryan Potter. (Did we ever see Garfield's birth parents in the comics? I don't even remember them, just post adoption 'parents' Rita Farr and Steve Dayton...)

Although I'd expect it to be Raven, first, since she's already got that sort of baked in to her daughter-of-Trigon schtick. She's already, IIRC, returned once as White Gandalf. Oh, sorry, I meant White Raven.
    The last time they de-greened Beast Boy was New 52, when he was red. Oddly enough, despite the weird color choice, he and Terra carried that Ravagers book.

I really don't want a murder mystery on issue 2 but okay...
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I don't think it's Beast Boy, considering Taylor has said this:

We have really big plans for Beast Boy. It's early days, but we have the beginning of an idea for Gar that could see him become one of the most important characters in the DCU, not just in the Titans, in the near future. We're exploring just how far his powers can stretch. This story could certainly see others who know him by his side, but I don't want to give away anything more yet.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    My issue is that there is no need for a current or former Titan to be murdered at all. Shock value deaths and betrayals are played out tropes for this franchise.
    These are my feelings as well. Even if this is just a misdirect, it's eye roll worthy. They just hailed the Titans as the new star team and then they come out with something like this for the second solicitations.

I'm not sure why so many think it's Gar, who gets killed. Taylor said there'll be a focus on him, but I guess Gar could pull a Tim Drake in Tec.

Brother Blood doesn't enthuse me either. After Titans S4 and Bloodpact I don't see the need to for yet another Church of Blood story. Together with the focus on Gar and his relationship with Raven this almost seems like weird synergy.

I was gonna at least check out #1 hoping Scott's art would make Taylor's writing bearable but I'll probably refrain.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Just a reminder of DC's Legion of Bloom coming out next week with a Titans West story by Cavan Scott & Atagun Ilhan. No news as yet as to who is in it other than the solicitation copy of "Watch the Blue Beetles fly out from Titans West. " Bumblebee is on one of the covers by Vasco Georgiev tho....

legion of bloom.jpg

Mighty Member

The more I see the death of Titans, the more I want to appreciate Marvel for the good treatment with their legacy heroes. At least, they respect the young heroes there.