Page 159 of 187 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2796
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Taylor say he was going to do something big with Donna?

Although I don't think he'd handle the "long lost father" thing well...probably just be like Dick's "sister."
    He has big things planned for the whole cast
    its just a matter of when

Extraordinary Member

Didn't Taylor say he was going to do something big with Donna?

Although I don't think he'd handle the "long lost father" thing well...probably just be like Dick's "sister."
    Why don't you think so?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Why don't you think so?
    I just don't see Taylor doing anything really meaningful or deep with it given what I've read from him in the past.

Now, If Phil Jimenez is the one actually handling it in a legit Donna series, that's another story.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I will agree that Phil would definitely have more depth and emotion in his story. Maybe...just MAYBE they will work together on this? What is Phil doing these days anyway?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member

I just don't see Taylor doing anything really meaningful or deep with it given what I've read from him in the past.
    See, I have the exact opposite reaction, also given what I've read from him in the past lol

Now, If Phil Jimenez is the one actually handling it in a legit Donna series, that's another story.
    Absolutely not. His WW run was one of my least favorite WW's I have ever read.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    See, I have the exact opposite reaction, also given what I've read from him in the past lol

Absolutely not. His WW run was one of my least favorite WW's I have ever read.
    We are like total opposites .

I dunno, I just don't see Taylor doing anything that doesn't come off generic or surface-level. If he does write more Donna I hope he takes a lot of inspiration from how Jiminez wrote her. Whatever your opinion of his WW, the man knew how to write (and draw) Donna Troy.

Marvel is already laying the ground for the eventual Champions movie. Can't wait to read in a few years that the Teen Titans are the DC version of the Champions.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Aren’t they, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Aren’t they, though?
    No? Just like Darkseid isn't just DC's Thanos.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    No? Just like Darkseid isn't just DC's Thanos.
    ^^^Could've sworn he was.

Marvel is already laying the ground for the eventual Champions movie. Can't wait to read in a few years that the Teen Titans are the DC version of the Champions.
    Huh? They've introduced the majority of the Young Avengers already, but only three Champions - and one of them, the new Falcon Joaquin Torres, was aged up and would be out of place on a teen team. The other two are Ironheart (who was in Wakanda Forever) and Ms. Marvel - and Kamala's destined for the X-Men. The Young Avengers meanwhile have Patriot (Eli showed in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series, the same show Joaquin turned up in), Hawkeye (appeared in the show called that), Stinger/Stature (first suited up in Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania, though Cassie didn't actually use a codename there), Ms America (appeared in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness), Wiccan and Speed (WandaVision). They're only really missing Iron Lad - who's a Kang variant and is pretty much impossible since Loki Season 2 revealed Kang's secret identity doesn't match the comics - and Hulkling, whose origin is impossible due to the changes made to his father Mar-Vell (who was gender swapped, and died in the 1990s in the Captain Marvel movie). Unless of course they merged him with Skaar, who appeared at the end of She-Hulk. Iron Lad can be replaced by Ironheart, giving the Young Avengers pretty much their full roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Aren’t they, though?
    It's the other way around. The New Warriors and Champions are both Marvel versions of the Teen Titans (when New Warriors debuted, the active Teen Titans book was called The New Titans, so there's a deliberate naming similarity there). The Young Avengers are their answer to Young Justice. Marvel was always late to the game with teen teams, probably a reason no brand has really stuck for more than one group of characters.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-09-2023 at 06:07 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

MCU is looking shaky. And with how big TT:Go is, I have a hard time believing that a significant portion of the general audience would watch Champions without also knowing what Teen Titans are.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? They've introduced the majority of the Young Avengers already, but only three Champions - and one of them, the new Falcon Joaquin Torres, was aged up and would be out of place on a teen team. The other two are Ironheart (who was in Wakanda Forever) and Ms. Marvel - and Kamala's destined for the X-Men. The Young Avengers meanwhile have Patriot (Eli showed in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series, the same show Joaquin turned up in), Hawkeye (appeared in the show called that), Stinger/Stature (first suited up in Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania, though Cassie didn't actually use a codename there), Ms America (appeared in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness), Wiccan and Speed (WandaVision). They're only really missing Iron Lad - who's a Kang variant and is pretty much impossible since Loki Season 2 revealed Kang's secret identity doesn't match the comics - and Hulkling, whose origin is impossible due to the changes made to his father Mar-Vell (who was gender swapped, and died in the 1990s in the Captain Marvel movie). Unless of course they merged him with Skaar, who appeared at the end of She-Hulk. Iron Lad can be replaced by Ironheart, giving the Young Avengers pretty much their full roster.
    I don't really care what team they are doing (i don't read Marvel), but they'll make a movie about a team of sidekicks\young heroes while DC can't even get their main heroes right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    MCU is looking shaky. And with how big TT:Go is, I have a hard time believing that a significant portion of the general audience would watch Champions without also knowing what Teen Titans are.
    That could be the case, but 20 years ago nobody would think that the Avengers would become bigger than the Justice League either.

Extraordinary Member

no point in teen titans movie without batman and robin. If Damian is robin, what titans team do they do? His all original, a combination of his and the orginal, something entirely knew. They cant come before any kind of JL type team up. its gonna be 6 plus years away from now. I completly expect MCU to hit with the champions first and its definte a wrap if they get a miles morales on the team. Unlike before James gunna is not gonna react to the success or failure of a mcu movie and try to respond with something similar

Extraordinary Member